Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Over The Hill Gang , Old Farts with Young Cars (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51820)

RubyCamaro 09-20-2015 12:06 PM

It is called the Wilma Rudolph Event center. The large doors open to overlook an amphitheater & lake beyond that. The river & marina are to the back & side of it. Great place.

70rsz28 09-20-2015 07:26 PM

3 Attachment(s)
This was our weekend chore , now to stack it in woodshed . 2yrs worth of wood . glad we have a log splitter that runs off the tractor .

69supersport396 09-21-2015 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 8647037)
Love that pic in front of the theater ragzl1!

I had a good time last night. I danced and danced & danced so I was definitely in my element. Mike took a lot of pics & a few videos that I will work on loading today but I also need to wash both Ruby & Pepper. I'll go ahead & post this for now but will come back & post up a few pics & maybe a video too. Have a a good day all.

Glad you had a good time. I've never been to any of mine, takes guts to do it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 8647053)
Hahaha, no way he'll ever change. He calls it his Master Plan! He's perfected it. He thinks he's gotten all the PITAs off his back, finally.

Not everyone enjoys being around lots of people. He's happiest working on whatever project by himself, well he does enjoy the company of our dogs, but people, no thanks.

Christmas parties, family stuff, he believes that every women should have their "gay friend". A handsome gay man who loves to be around people, dance every dance, and is always the life of the party!

So he tells me take your friend, that way you'll have fun. My hubby would be look'n at his watch every minute, "we ready to go" and that's after five minutes.

No it's way way better this way. He can watch Boxing or whatever in his underwear, eat whatever junk he wants, especially when I'm not around, and he's more or less in heaven.

And he knows I'm in good/safe hands. No funny business or worries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I meant you have to work on the picture posting issue. But yeah, his way of thinking is definitely a guy thing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70rsz28 (Post 8647521)
This was our weekend chore , now to stack it in woodshed . 2yrs worth of wood . glad we have a log splitter that runs off the tractor .

I feel warm and toasty looking at all of that firewood.

Impala is as done as I can make it. I'll post a photo up later. Did a strip wash on the Camaro tonight. Since it will be rainy here the next two days, I'll do a paint correction on it while staying dry in the garage. The top was filthy, and the paint really needs to be clayed.

I'm on vacation this week, so I'm going to knock out a few projects this week. Friday we are going to Sedona for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary.

RubyCamaro 09-21-2015 06:23 AM

I finally got the videos from the reunion loaded last night before I went to bed. I'll post one up here tonight. Today I will head to the new school, Crestview, it is called. I hope they get me an office set up soon. it is really a PITA carrying around everything I need. Mike & I will start taking my stuff over to the portable I will share (with a girl from another counseling program) as my office at Westside Elem. HAGD everyone.

okbfd 09-21-2015 09:42 AM

Great pics Jan.....I understand the dancing thing, have been doing ballroom-Latin-C&W-Tango for almost 20 years :)

My weekend was a bit more stressful....three days of teaching and training martial arts. I am bruised, blistered, sore, and worn out. But, it was great training.

Normagene 09-21-2015 10:43 AM

Hubby is off with the boys, 8 or 9 days of his kinda fun. He's attending a DEA training exercise. Said the kids (mid 20s-early 30s) will try to beat him down, so he's look'n forward to the adventure.

Standard operating field tests. Everything from conducting raids in remote areas, urban, and out at sea. Plus all the toys imaginable at the gun range!

Hope the Ol Fart doesn't over do it.

clashley1976 09-21-2015 10:49 AM

Had a busy week and weekend.

Finally got the stove fixed on Thursday. Was supposed to be earlier in the week, but couldn't get away from the office until Thursday. Service tech who came out was very competent and professional... found that wiring harness in the stove had come loose and needed to be re-seated. That kinda irritated me... pay $850 for a loaded convection oven and follow that up 14 months later with a $75 service call to deal with poor build quality. The really annoying thing was that if I had taken the time to open the back panel of the stove myself, I could have dealt with it and saved myself the service charge. Oh well...

On Friday, the boy was sick and had to stay home from daycare. Honestly, not a bad day, but not a productive one, either.

The highlight of the weekend was taking the family on a road trip in the Camaro. This was the first long-distance trip (about 450 miles round trip) for me and the Camaro. It did very well. Averaged about 29 MPG at 71 MPH. That was actually a little lower than I was hoping for, but considering the car was loaded with two adults, two kids, all of the stuff needed for an overnight trip, and had the AC running most of the time, I'm still pleased. We stayed overnight with some friends, so I got to show off my wheels, and also check out our friend's new Audi A6. That is a damned nice car!

Got back to the house yesterday in time to catch the second half of the Browns game and watch some football last night, and back to the office today. Pretty good weekend, and one of the more relaxing ones in recent memory.

okbfd 09-21-2015 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 8648239)
Hubby is off with the boys, 8 or 9 days of his kinda fun. He's attending a DEA training exercise. Said the kids (mid 20s-early 30s) will try to beat him down, so he's look'n forward to the adventure.

Standard operating field tests. Everything from conducting raids in remote areas, urban, and out at sea. Plus all the toys imaginable at the gun range!

Hope the Ol Fart doesn't over do it.

Awesome.....I want to hang out with your Hubby :headbang:

dianeokie 09-21-2015 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragzl1 (Post 8646765)
Took the cars to our local "hot rods for cancer" car show. Got first place in the GM class. Then one the best of show against the best Ford, Mopar, ect.... What a real surprise. Was parked on the street in front of the movie theater. They were open for business so the marquee was lit up. Got a neat shot of the cars with the marquee. But I only had three cars in stead of four like the marquee says.

Love those kind of car shows. Where was the car show at in Illinois? I love some of those towns we went through on Hot Rod Power Tour.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 8647037)

I had a good time last night. I danced and danced & danced so I was definitely in my element. Mike took a lot of pics & a few videos that I will work on loading today but I also need to wash both Ruby & Pepper. I'll go ahead & post this for now but will come back & post up a few pics & maybe a video too. Have a a good day all.

Love to dance too. Go at minimum once a week!:happyanim:

RubyCamaro 09-21-2015 08:25 PM

That is a lot of hard work 70rsz28!

Enjoy your time off Rick.

okbfd - cool that you did the dancing thing & do martial arts!

Normagene - hope the hubby enjoys his time away & does not over do it.

clashley1976, sounds like a nice trip.

I try to make it to dance class 3 times a week but don't always make it lately with this job transition. I had a busy day. I only got 3 kids seen because I had to move from place to place & am still figuring out how to find the kids. I was at the new Crestview Elem today. That place is so huge! I will start moving my stuff to the portable this week. I have to have it out by middle of next week. I need to turn in earlier tonight. I have got to get used to getting up earlier.

ragzl1 09-21-2015 08:36 PM

Richard --- you must know how much wood a woodchuck chucks if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

Jan --- very neat place for a reunion. I only had 122 students in my senior class. No need for that kind of facility for our reunion.

Diane --- the car show was in my home town. My grand parents went to that theater and my grand children go there to watch movies. We are lucky to still have it open. It has a stage and an orchestra pit from days gone by.

John

70rsz28 09-21-2015 09:06 PM

John those pictures in front of the theater are great , I love the corvette .
and yes I know about the woodchuck ha ha

Jan yes it is hard work but we have the equipment to help make it happen .

Rick enjoy your time off . I know the joys of having a light coloured convertible .

Okbfd I am sure you enjoy the martial arts and enjoy teaching others .

RubyCamaro 09-22-2015 06:12 AM

Good morning. I'm up a little earlier to try to start getting to work earlier. This is the part I am going to hate. NEED COFFEE!!!!!! HAGD.

okbfd 09-22-2015 11:29 AM

70rs My first car was a 1970 SS.......sadly it was the 307 2 bbl carb, but it was still fun. :)

RubyCamaro 09-22-2015 06:53 PM

I had a very busy day. I still got all by notes done except 2 which won't take long, ans I was sitting at home by 5:00 which is later than I will be most days. Most of the time I will be home by 3:00 or a little after!

69supersport396 09-22-2015 10:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After a day and a half, the Camaro is done.

Don't think I want to detail any more cars this week. I have some errands to run Wednesday.

RubyCamaro 09-23-2015 06:11 AM

Good hump day morning. I'm still sleepy. I gotta start getting into bed earlier. I sure don't like this getting up early & I have to start getting up even earlier. Yuck! Off to Crestview Elem today. HAGD crew.

70rsz28 09-23-2015 08:21 PM

Rick the Camaro looks great , how did you top turn out and what do you use on it ?
Okbfd I have always liked the shelbys

lightning 09-23-2015 10:26 PM

Hi boyz n girlz. Just checkin in. How yall doin? :thumb:

dianeokie 09-23-2015 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning (Post 8652685)

:wave:
Hi Jay! Long time no see! Been busy at work, dancing, enjoying my grandkids. Planning to go to a car show this weekend, just like to go for the fun of it, shoot the breeze with others about their cars. :wave:

Hope you are doing ok, and your family as well!

69supersport396 09-24-2015 01:29 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 70rsz28 (Post 8652495)
Rick the Camaro looks great , how did you top turn out and what do you use on it ?
Okbfd I have always liked the shelbys

Thanks. I used Ragg Topp by Hartz. I think it works great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning (Post 8652685)

Howdy! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 8651123)
Good hump day morning. I'm still sleepy. I gotta start getting into bed earlier. I sure don't like this getting up early & I have to start getting up even earlier. Yuck! Off to Crestview Elem today. HAGD crew.

You'll get used to it. :)

Totally on a whim, I drove over to Westgate Entertainment Complex for a cruise they put on almost every Wednesday night. Older cats up to 1985 park in one area and newer cars park in another. Theven older section is nicer with a fountain to cool the air down a bit. I'm very surprised by the lack of C5 Camaro at many west valley cruises, and this one was no exception. One C5 and one C4 were there. Lots of Stangs, Challengers, and Chargers there.

I was recently at a cruise in Surprise where I had the only Camaro there.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this cruise, it was an awesome venue.

RubyCamaro 09-24-2015 06:35 AM

Good morning. It is a little chilly but will get up to the mid 80's. Mike & I loaded some of my office stuff up in his truck yesterday & he will bring it by the portable at Westside Elem this morning. I had a meeting with my supervisors yesterday & we decided I'd give up hte grand & outpatient therapy kids and just go full time School Based. This was in part because it was just too hard logistically to work out times to get it all in and in part because they have hired another full time therapist who will need the office I had been using at the clinic. So I would have no space to use there. It is going to be better. My productivity standards will go up but that is okay. It is a piece of cake to see 4 kids a day which is the minimum standard. I might even be able to earn a bonus once in a while once my caseload is full. Coffee time!

okbfd 09-24-2015 08:55 AM

Dang, some nice looking cars there

RubyCamaro 09-24-2015 05:22 PM

Nice cars & nice venue!

I had another fairly busy day but no homework!

One more day then WEEKEND. Our fall drag race/car show event is this weekend but the weather may not cooperate. Rain is moving in. :frown:

69supersport396 09-24-2015 05:34 PM

Thanks! Wish I took my camera. Only had my cell phone, and it was low on charge. :facepalm:

dianeokie 09-24-2015 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 8652819)

Totally on a whim, I drove over to Westgate Entertainment Complex for a cruise they put on almost every Wednesday night. Older cats up to 1985 park in one area and newer cars park in another. Theven older section is nicer with a fountain to cool the air down a bit. I'm very surprised by the lack of C5 Camaro at many west valley cruises, and this one was no exception. One C5 and one C4 were there. Lots of Stangs, Challengers, and Chargers there.

I was recently at a cruise in Surprise where I had the only Camaro there.

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed this cruise, it was an awesome venue.

You always have all the fun............:thumbsup:

69supersport396 09-25-2015 12:26 AM

Thanks Diane. Wish I was always on vacation. :)

RubyCamaro 09-25-2015 06:27 AM

Good Friday morning. It is going to be a rainy one here. They are calling for a 50% chance of scattered rain tomorrow. I sure hope to doesn't rain out the best DA day I have had since I got my headers & tune. Coffee time & off to work.

RubyCamaro 09-25-2015 09:24 PM

Busy day. Just finished my notes. A little TV then off to bed. Gotta get up early tomorrow to get ready for some drag racing!

69supersport396 09-25-2015 09:26 PM

Up in Sedona this weekend for our wedding anniversary. Love it up here.

70rsz28 09-25-2015 09:41 PM

Happy anniversary Rick !

stlrammer 09-25-2015 10:17 PM

Happy anniversary. Enjoy nature's best. Love Sedona! Go AZ Cardinals!

RubyCamaro 09-26-2015 07:01 AM

Happy anniversary Rick. Enjoy.

I'm up early for a Saturday to get ready for the club's Fall Brawl drag race event. It is drizzly but hopefullly it will clear up enough for us to get the races in. There is a chance of scattered showers all day but highest chances for this area are predicted for around the time our races are supposed to finish up and just in time for the car show part. Maybe we will luck out. Regardless, up on that ridge the track will be slick so the throttle controller probably won't get any testing this trip.

Have a great Saturday everyone!

BLU DUCE 09-26-2015 07:12 AM

Happy Anniversary Rick & to the wife to.

Jan good luck at the track & car show. Hope it dries out enough for you to run the track. Going to are last to second car show tomorrow of the season. Next month time to put the car up for 6 months. Right now no new mods for the winter.

69supersport396 09-26-2015 10:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone. We have some fun stuff planned for today.

Nice start of the day.

RubyCamaro 09-26-2015 08:37 PM

We got in some test & tune runs & a couple of time trial runs in between periods of drizzle. But then the drizzle started to be more on than off & heavier rain was moving in so the track closed. We will have a re-do next weekend. We did get the car show in. I was a judge as one of the officers but Mike (hubby) got a trophy for best engine bay.

Our camera crapped out halfway through the event. I'm too tired to fool with pictures tonight. I gave Ruby a quick misting with waterless wash & cleaned the windows so the water spots didn't get set in. It was a long day. I'm pooped!

69supersport396 09-26-2015 11:20 PM

Glad you had fun Jan.

We did a three hour Pink Jeep Tour and hung out at the Sedona Wine Festival. Had some real good wine.

RubyCamaro 09-27-2015 08:33 AM

Good morning. I slept in a little but the rabbit made me get up & is being very demanding of attention. She does not like it when we are away from the house a long time. I will go visit daddy today but not sure what time. I will work on trying to load up the pics & videos today. I may have to take the SD card out of the camera & use it to get the pics instead of just connecting the camera to the computer. I have never done it that way since I had this computer. The camera is saying lens error and the lens does not come out when it is turned on. I hope it is not dead. Things sure don't last like they used to. Have a good Sunday.

69supersport396 09-27-2015 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Walking around before the crowds wake up. I really hate leaving this place, but vacation is almost over.

zandron263 09-27-2015 06:32 PM

Glad everyone had a nice weekend. Mine has not been too good. I did something to my back earlier this week when i was closing my pool. The pain has been getting steadily worse and last night it started radiating down my left arm so I went to the ER around 3am. We expected that I would get a full cardiac workup even though I did not believe I was having any heart issues. As I expected all of the cardiac tests were normal but the night Dr in the ER wrote an order to admit me for evaluation.

Then they gave me a narcotic to relive my pain and I felt a little better and fell asleep for an hour. My wife went to see what was happening and the night shift went home and the day shift would not change the admission order. My only choice was to sign a waiver that I would leave AMA so I did. They did not try to discourage me from leaving because I think they felt the night Dr was overreacting by admitting me as I had no cardiac symptoms other than arm pain and all of the tests were completely normal. They gave me a couple of prescriptions for muscle relaxers and a pain med.

Now my mother-in-law is being admitted to a different hospital for possible GI issues two days before her retirement and planned winter trip to Florida. We are praying its nothing serious and that she wont have to delay her plans for too long. I will call my regular Dr tomorrow and I already have a Chiropractor appt scheduled so maybe they can do something for me. We will also have to see her tomorrow at some point. I am not looking forward to running around tomorrow as driving seems to aggravate my back and arm pain.