Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Over The Hill Gang , Old Farts with Young Cars (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51820)

RubyCamaro 11-26-2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike III (Post 8083885)
Please let it be chocolate. :happyanim: :bellyroll:

I might make some chocolate but my specialty is Brown Sugar Maple Black Walnut.

69supersport396 11-26-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zandron263 (Post 8084053)
I don't mind Christmas music and decorations after Thanksgiving. I will be working for about 5 hours this Saturday. We are running two full shifts trying to get caught up for the days missed last week because of the snow and there is a push to get work done before the end of the year shutdown.

Most of that snow from last week has melted except for some of the really big piles the highlift left in front of my house. We think we will reschedule our cancelled vacation to Christmas week and spend the holiday with my wife's sister in Florida. I got to see the Neurologist on Monday and he prescribed me a medication called Tegretol which for now has relieved my pain. He is also going to send me for a head MRI to rule out other causes of my pain like a tumor. I think since the drug has given me relief that I likely have Trigeminal Neuralgia and so does he so I will follow whatever treatment plan he wants.

This drug does have a few odd side effects so far it makes me tired and music now sounds a little slower than it used to. Not a lot slower but enough that I notice it. So far it's worth it to relieve the pain I was having. Have a good Thanksgiving everyone.

Hope you feel better soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragzl1 (Post 8084123)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!!

Going to have a house full tomorrow night. 21 in all.

Going to be my latest grandson Jack's first Thanksgiving.

I have a lot to be thankful for right there.

John

Great photo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 8084143)
I might make some chocolate but my specialty is Brown Sugar Maple Black Walnut.

Mmmmm

Happy Thanksgiving gang!

RubyCamaro 11-27-2014 08:56 AM

Happy Thanksgiving! My son called last night & talked a couple of hours. :biggrin:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dDj1ULI_GF...20thanksgiving

w1mnk 11-27-2014 09:06 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to all from cool but beautiful Florida.

69supersport396 11-27-2014 09:32 AM

Happy Thanksgiving Gang.

Normagene 11-27-2014 12:45 PM

Happy Thanksgiving and God Bless to all. Time to Overeat and be Happy! Hubby still can't handle the taste of sweets after his strict clean eating for over 12 wks.

He finished his workout, 12 wks, over two weeks ago and said the hardest part was eating all the time. He ate 42/4,500 calories a day, took a month to work up to that much cals. But said he can't keep it up, so now he eats around 3,000 cals a day. So he dropped 8 Lbs in two wks, body fat is still dropping too. Still eating clean.

Can't believe he only gained 2.5 Lbs over the 12 wks. Body Fat dropped 4% and he added 12 Lbs of muscle. The Old Fart really looks built, like a 20/30 yr old. I'm pretty impressed.

Pretty strong for an old fart as well, he was benching 300 Lbs for Reps, during his 12 wk routine. Not sure what he can max out with, he doesn't want to try to max and risk an injury.

RubyCamaro 11-27-2014 01:26 PM

Good for him. I have to get myself back on track too, but not today!

dianeokie 11-27-2014 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash (Post 8081783)
Those are some good old boys from Texas who were in the right place, with the right sound, at the right time. I partied with them at the Celler in Fort Worth, before the fame and fortune. Willie was in the Moving Sidewalks band. Frank and Dusty were in a band, American Blues, which was fronted by Dusty's older blues guitar playing brother, the late Rocky Hill. Rocky played like a monster with the soul and harmonics of Johnny Winter, and the fire and passion of Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Billy is starting to get nervous that my beard is going to be more full than his. The length is the same, but now it's filling out quite well. I don't have the Reverend's money for professional beard care, yet mine is looking to be one up on ole Willie G. :pound:

Love that story!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 8083486)
We have a radio station up here, 106.7 that has been playing nothing but Christmas music for a week now. And they will play ONLY Christmas music until the day after Christmas. That's like Five Weeks of 24/7 Christmas music.

I listen to my iPod pretty often

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragzl1 (Post 8084123)
Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!!

Going to have a house full tomorrow night. 21 in all.

Going to be my latest grandson Jack's first Thanksgiving.

I have a lot to be thankful for right there.

John

Sweet! I have lots to be thankful for too! In Florida today, beautiful here!

Normagene 11-27-2014 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 8085087)
Good for him. I have to get myself back on track too, but not today!

Yummy Yummy for my Tummy! He'll be rubbing my belly tonite! [emoji7] Seconds, Please......[emoji1]

Norm Peterson 11-27-2014 08:43 PM

Hoping everybody's having a happy Thanksgiving. Our little celebration has wound down for the night, and I'm working on about half of the remaining apple pie while nobody else is looking.

Nice picture of your parents, Jan. By any chance, is it an anniversary picture?

John - little Jack looks like he's going to be something of a ham for the camera - and I wonder if this picture maybe belongs between a couple of the pictures already on the fridge . . .

It's the same story here in the Philly region with the Christmas music starting up before Thanksgiving. I really don't mind it, at least not in small bites like in the car between errands and such. But not all day. There are a couple of songs I hope to hear at least once every year (Christmas Wrapping, Step Into Christmas), and there's this other one that just doesn't have a very Christmas-spirit feel about it that I'd rather not.

Norm

69supersport396 11-27-2014 11:50 PM

I feel stuffed! Decided to make this a carb day, so I added gravy and wine to my meal.

We broke a high temp record here today of 87*! If the pool water wasn't 55*, I might have gone swimming.

dianeokie 11-28-2014 06:26 AM

Up and getting ready to go to the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona!:thumb:

69supersport396 11-28-2014 08:25 AM

Have a great time!

stlrammer 11-28-2014 08:47 AM

Hope everyone had great thanksgiving with friends and family. Warming up here next few days (60's). Time to get out the Christmas lights.

RubyCamaro 11-28-2014 09:04 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Nice picture of your parents, Jan. By any chance, is it an anniversary picture?

Norm[/QUOTE]

No it was the Sweetheart Banquet at church. I had never seen it until my sister found & posted it on Facebook. It is really a nice pic being the last one likely taken of them before my mother was diagnosed with cancer & deteriorated pretty rapidly after that.

Happy Black Friday. I was sooooooooooooo miserable last night. I thought I had not too badly over-eaten but I guess my body thought otherwise! NO real plan for today but need to decide what I am going to do about decorating as these days off will be my best time for doing it. Have a great day everyone.

I saved these pics for Picture Friday. Last weekend another task we got done was putting up some wall art & pictures saved from my many office relocations over the years on the naked walls of the Rabbit's room. Each piece has a story & I won't bore you with them all but just a few. Th Humpty Dumpty was given to my mother by milk rep (newborn nursery equivalent of a drug rep) when my son was born & she had it framed for his nursery then I took it to my office when he was too old for it. The Canadian goose, Turtle & Frog were my artwork when I was in my 20's)done as gifts to various family members & eventually given back to me. I consider the goose to be the best thing I ever painted.

RubyCamaro 11-28-2014 09:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Computer gave me a "page can't be displayed in the middle of posting so here are the rest of the pics.

Ir0nM4n 11-28-2014 03:40 PM

So is 50 a good starting point as far as age for this thread?

RubyCamaro 11-28-2014 08:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Works for me! Welcome aboard.

I put up the tree today and I'm beat. Here are a couple of pics. I'll get better ones tomorrow. Mike is watching a movie & has the lights off.

69supersport396 11-28-2014 10:34 PM

I put up 90% of our outdoor decorations. The rest are still buried in the closet, but I can put those up pretty quick when I return from Maryland December 7.

It was warm outside once again going up to 84*. I'm out in the garage right now glazing the Chevelle for the cruise tomorrow.

Bought Claire's Christmas gift tonight. She is so difficult to buy presents for, but she finally dropped a concrete clue. I told her not to open any boxes that arrive here next week.

Norm Peterson 11-29-2014 08:32 AM

We all - her, me, daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter - piled into my wife's Subaru and went across the river into PA to a place where you get to pick and cut down your own tree. It was a hayride out to where the trees were growing and back, and a fire pit where you could roast marshmallows. Then a little time in the shops while the tree was being brought around and cut square at the base. Chilly and a bit windy, but all in all, it was a neat thing to do. The tree is up, but still pretty bare because nobody has been up in the attic to bring down all the Christmas decorations and wrapping supplies.

Norm

RubyCamaro 11-29-2014 09:54 AM

Good Morning crew. It is nice & warm here today. We may get the Camaros out for a little stretch of their legs. Not sure what all else. Maybe wash the salt off Poor Pepper. Mike put up the Garage lights but there is a bit of a hitch in their giddy-up. I'll kale pics when he gets them tweaked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9UY...ature=youtu.be

ragzl1 11-29-2014 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ir0nM4n, Welcome to the old farts !!

Jan, great mementos you have collected. Also, a fine looking Christmas Tree.

Norm, a recap of the concrete block idea for setting the height of the bar. I told the wife what I was going to do, and she told me I could sleep in the garage. I told here Norm thought it was a good idea. She said that you could sleep in the garage also. LOL

Diane, post some pictures of the Turkey Rod Run when possible.

I got the better half a new piano (gained points). Her first one is over forty years old and she has dreamed of owning a baby grand. She has tolerated my collecting of cars, so it is time for her to get a "hot rod". She still cries every time she plays it. I told her it would pass because I did the same thing every time I drove the ZL1. She didn't think that was to funny (lost points).

Hope everyone has a great safe week-end.

John

zandron263 11-29-2014 01:38 PM

Nice Piano John and nice ornaments Jan. I have the shuttle craft one as well. I also have the 69 Camaro and ZL1 ornaments from them. I would make a video of all my Peanuts ornaments that make sound or light up but that video might be 45 min long. My wife and I have been collecting them since 1991 and have pretty much dedicated an entire 7.5 foot tree to them. The we have another smaller 7 foot tree for all of the other ornaments she has gathered through the years many of them are Hallmark as well. Sometimes I wonder how much we have spent on them and what that collection would be worth if we ever wanted to sell it.

Normagene 11-29-2014 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 8087090)
I put up 90% of our outdoor decorations. The rest are still buried in the closet, but I can put those up pretty quick when I return from Maryland December 7.

It was warm outside once again going up to 84*. I'm out in the garage right now glazing the Chevelle for the cruise tomorrow.

Bought Claire's Christmas gift tonight. She is so difficult to buy presents for, but she finally dropped a concrete clue. I told her not to open any boxes that arrive here next week.

84* ??? Warm ??? We rarely hit 84 in the Dog Days of August - If we do for more than three days that's A Heat Wave, usually resulting in a few deaths. Heat Wave here tomorrow, mid 50's. Shorts and short sleeved shirts for sure! [emoji12] Maybe a dip in the neighbors pool if it isn't frozen over. LOL.

69supersport396 11-30-2014 12:35 AM

Welcome Ir0nM4n.

Sounds like a great road trip Norm

John, nice piano!

Zandron, I just started collecting those Keepsakes. I have the ZL1 convertible and the yellow Buick GSX.

Normagene, it was 80* here today. Wonder cruise weather! Here is my photo thread.

http://onewaystreet.smugmug.com/Cars...ns-11-29-2014/

Gotta get up in two hours to drive down to the airport. I have a 6:10 AM flight to Baltimore, MD to hang there for a week. Gonna be COLD! :dizzy:

BLU DUCE 11-30-2014 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 8087090)

yah and hope to hell no one steals it before she can get it in the house . The way these ffrriiggiinn people are taking them as soon as there dropped.:paddle::paddle:

69supersport396 11-30-2014 05:52 AM

Yeah, you are right about that! The delivery videos out there are scary.

RubyCamaro 11-30-2014 09:04 AM

Good morning crew. I did a little shopping yesterday, and a little more decorating. I added a new bow & a string of cherries to my door wreath that was looking a bit tired & started adding some net ribbon to some lights Mike put up around the little pond but gave up as it was just too windy. I'll try to finish it today. I still need to get out the Christmas candles & linens. I also need to wash the salt off Pepper & make some fudge. Have a good Sunday.

Norm Peterson 11-30-2014 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, we got some of the decorations out of the attic, and like most years there were a few that needed a little TLC. Haven't found the little bow yet, and Mater had a wheel come off.

I know it's not Friday, but I might forget if I put it off that long.

Norm

RubyCamaro 11-30-2014 04:59 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Cool! I want to know what is in Ruby's present! I have the opposite problem. I have a bow off of an ornament I can't figure out where is went. It looks familiar & I feel sure it is from one of the Hallmark ones but which one????

I did some more decorating today, washed & desalinated Pepper & then we took both Camaros out for a nice cruise. We had to put a cage around the tree to keep Ruby away. We could not sit down for 10 seconds in peace. I spruced up my lackluster door wreath with some strung cherries & a new bow. I finished the pond décor & made a bow & put it on the front fence. Here are a few pics from today's handiwork & outing. It was a very nice day.

69supersport396 11-30-2014 05:31 PM

The decorations and cars look great!

It's cold here in Maryland! I ended up with a pearl white 2015 Chevy Traverse LT. It's loaded with everything except NAV.

RubyCamaro 11-30-2014 05:50 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I love Pearl White! Post up some pics of the Traverse when you get a chance. Here are some night time Décor pics.

zandron263 11-30-2014 06:49 PM

Nice decorations Jan. We finished our outdoor lights and decorations, got our two trees up and decorated, and I finally finished winterizing the Camaro.http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...7563b39110.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...4c5582a1fb.jpg

69supersport396 11-30-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zandron263 (Post 8089351)
Nice decorations Jan. We finished our outdoor lights and decorations, got our two trees up and decorated, and I finally finished winterizing the Camaro.

They look great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 8089260)
I love Pearl White! Post up some pics of the Traverse when you get a chance. Here are some night time Décor pics.

So do yours. I'll see if I can shoot some Traverse pics tomorrow.

RubyCamaro 12-01-2014 06:44 AM

Good morning crew. It is 61 this morning after hitting 70 yesterday but a cold front & showers are on the way & temps will head down into the 40s by time to come home. What can What can I say, it's Tennessee weather for ya. Today is my first Monday in Springfield. Have a good day everyone.

Pro Street 12-01-2014 07:06 AM

Cold front hit here yesterday in The Texas Panhandle!!! 40 yesterday morning,39 at noon,23 at 6:00pm and this morning 12 now! Burrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

dianeokie 12-01-2014 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ir0nM4n (Post 8086592)
So is 50 a good starting point as far as age for this thread?

Welcome and you're as young as you feel!:thumb:

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 8086982)
Works for me! Welcome aboard.
Nice pictures Jan! You're always busy.

I put up the tree today and I'm beat. Here are a couple of pics. I'll get better ones tomorrow. Mike is watching a movie & has the lights off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson (Post 8087367)
We all - her, me, daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughter - piled into my wife's Subaru and went across the river into PA to a place where you get to pick and cut down your own tree. It was a hayride out to where the trees were growing and back, and a fire pit where you could roast marshmallows. Then a little time in the shops while the tree was being brought around and cut square at the base. Chilly and a bit windy, but all in all, it was a neat thing to do. The tree is up, but still pretty bare because nobody has been up in the attic to bring down all the Christmas decorations and wrapping supplies.

Norm

Sounds like good memories!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Street (Post 8090012)
Cold front hit here yesterday in The Texas Panhandle!!! 40 yesterday morning,39 at noon,23 at 6:00pm and this morning 12 now! Burrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Long time no see!

dianeokie 12-01-2014 04:49 PM

Would like to see pics of the Traverse also. Really wanted one of those, but ended up with my Caravan! It's been great since I got in July. Like the space, the DVD player and the versatility of the stow and go seats. We towed the Harley to Florida on a trailer this weekend and it did great! 23+ mpg on the highway. I'll post up Turkey Run photos tonight.

However it is Music Monday and time for Christmas Music for me!:headbang:

Pro Street 12-01-2014 05:16 PM

@ dianeokie

Originally Posted by Pro Street http://www.camaro5.com/forums/v6/buttons/viewpost.gif

Long time no see!

How is it going?

69supersport396 12-01-2014 07:58 PM

Hi gang.

First day working at the home office went OK. I was BUSY!

A cold front blew through here today and brought rain and much colder temps. This is how I remember Maryland winters. YUK!

The Traverse may get a work out Tuesday morning as we are to receive some frozen precipitation, which they call a "wintery mix". Glad it has AWD. Hope I didn't forget my wintery mix driving skills.

I'll do my best to take some photos of the Traverse tomorrow. The weather was not cooperative today. Sunshine, which is rare here, brings out the pearl white much better than clouds.