Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Screen Storage Compartment and Concealed Carry Permits (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313984)

Richardlord 08-20-2013 11:05 AM

Screen Storage Compartment and Concealed Carry Permits

For those of us with Concealed Carry Permits, any suggestions on a suitable and sizable item for the Screen Storage Compartment?

lawdogg149 08-20-2013 01:25 PM

I got the Sig P938 in the 9mm hope it fits. No one has showed us the real size of that box

SilverRay 08-20-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richardlord (Post 6919173)
For those of us with Concealed Carry Permits, any suggestions on a suitable and sizable item for the Screen Storage Compartment?

Glock 27 (.40 cal) should fit gun measures 4"x 6" :thumbsup:

Nate GM 08-20-2013 01:41 PM

ak-47, that's what a passenger seat is for

Richardlord 08-20-2013 02:00 PM

I ordered the 7 speed manual; but I can't easily steer, shift, and hold & accurately fire my Beretta PX4 Storm at the same time - Guess Nate is right; need fast women strait shooters literally riding shotgun in this fast car that shall be high on carjackers' bucket lists - GM, forget the advanced anti theft device; give us guys advanced anti-theivin', gun-totin', quick-drawin', lead-slingin', devisin' fast women riding shotgun in our fast C7s

lawdogg149 08-20-2013 03:47 PM

I will take two of those women

jsvette 08-20-2013 05:40 PM

Too bad you didn't ask a few days earlier when I was at Laguna Seca and could have measured the compartment. However if it is similar to the one on my XTS behind the CUE, it will be tight. My Passport Max just fits width wise, but with enough room for the cords and window suction cup unit. I doubt even a small gun in a hip holster would fit. :cool:

dennisW 08-20-2013 07:42 PM

My Glock 30 (.45 cal) is about the same size as your Passport Max. I don't need the holster in the screen compartment, I keep that in my pants with my other Glock 30.

mws444 08-21-2013 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dennisW (Post 6921289)
My Glock 30 (.45 cal) is about the same size as your Passport Max. I don't need the holster in the screen compartment, I keep that in my pants with my other Glock 30.

:thumb: Guns are a lot like horsepower.....you can never have enough.

Hey if the back is big enough for a set of golf clubs..........we will never be outgunned! :evil:

volsfan0911 08-21-2013 09:10 AM

I'll have to get out of Maryland (the gun control asshats have made it all but impossible to get a CCW here) move to Virginia then. Ironically, MD has a "stand your ground" doctrine while Virginia doesn't.

Richardlord 08-21-2013 11:54 AM

I too MD but have out-of-state Virginia CC Permit that is good almost anywhere else except MD. You can transport through MD (just not in your C7 dash cubby) - Just keep your ammo away from your weapon locked in your trunk in MD. You can get a MD CC if you feel endangered and can convince a judge (this is under Court appeal). Maybe owning and driving a C7 shall constitute just endangerment.

Sajonf 08-21-2013 08:52 PM

I am quite sure my S&W Bodyguard .380 and holster will fit in there. If not the center console will do

volsfan0911 08-22-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richardlord (Post 6923918)
I too MD but have out-of-state Virginia CC Permit that is good almost anywhere else except MD. You can transport through MD (just not in your C7 dash cubby) - Just keep your ammo away from your weapon locked in your trunk in MD. You can get a MD CC if you feel endangered and can convince a judge (this is under Court appeal). Maybe owning and driving a C7 shall constitute just endangerment.

You have to go through the MD State Police and show "good cause" - which means you aren't getting approved unless you know someone. There's also a 3 month backlog at this point just to get to the review committee. SB281 (our unconstitutional assault weapon ban) was railroaded through so everyone is scrambling to beat the October 1 deadline. Fuggin' O'Malley.......

mws444 08-23-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by volsfan0911 (Post 6927446)
You have to go through the MD State Police and show "good cause" - which means you aren't getting approved unless you know someone. There's also a 3 month backlog at this point just to get to the review committee. SB281 (our unconstitutional assault weapon ban) was railroaded through so everyone is scrambling to beat the October 1 deadline. Fuggin' O'Malley.......

Hey all you guys stuck up there in the ultra liberal zone......Come on down to Texas. You don't even need a CCL to conceal a loaded handgun in your vehicle. :thumbsup: