Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   I'm going to hitup my dealer this saturday to see if I can place an order (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280137)

Stingray 01-22-2013 03:59 PM

So if demand is unexpectedly quite high (meaning peeps w/ money down ready to deal) and if you walk in this Q3 and wanted to place an order to have one built according to your liking... chances are you won't see it until sometime in 2014 calendar year... maybe even mid-2014.

GaBoy25 01-22-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 3134)
So if demand is unexpectedly quite high (meaning peeps w/ money down ready to deal) and if you walk in this Q3 and wanted to place an order to have one built according to your liking... chances are you won't see it until sometime in 2014 calendar year... maybe even mid-2014.

Now I'm depressed:sad:

fcu678 01-22-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

With a limited Corvette dealer network and if the demand is high (which I'm sure it will be) I'd say you're probably correct with that assumption.

My past experience has been to get on a waiting list and play the waiting game. There may be a dealer or two that does not have a waiting list and there may be a couple that may move you to the head of the line for big $$$ over MSRP but most will not.

Stingray 01-22-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBoy25 (Post 3137)
Now I'm depressed:sad:

Perseverance through the agony... :(

Don't despair... one day, hopefully, we'll be C7 owners! :thumb:

My personal experience: I waited it out on my '12 Boss (until before the '13s were being produced/delivered) and by doing so I was able to get nearly 4K off MSRP. Dealers were routinely selling them for sticker or above. Granted this is a limited production specialty version... it's still stupid to fork out $$$$ over MSRP on any car unless you $hit gold bricks. :D

ec1990 01-22-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 3165)
Perseverance through the agony... :(

Don't despair... one day, hopefully, we'll be C7 owners! :thumb:

My personal experience: I waited it out on my '12 Boss (until before the '13s were being produced/delivered) and by doing so I was able to get nearly 4K off MSRP. Dealers were routinely selling them for sticker or above. Granted this is a limited production specialty version... it's still stupid to fork out $$$$ over MSRP on any car unless you $hit gold bricks. :D

Agreed, although I think that Boss 302 is going to be worth something in the future, at least depreciation will be absolutely minimal.

Camaro_Corvette 01-22-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

That would be an accurate assumption.

Vette TPI 01-23-2013 10:11 PM

Did they take your money yet? :thumb: