Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Issues with New C7 (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323454)

sahowley 10-16-2013 02:54 PM

Issues with New C7

# 1467 is at the dealership being looked at for the following issues.

1. Nav / Information screen jumps from screen to screen and won't accept input.

2. Can not answer phone from info screen.

3. Car is Z51 w/ Mag ride but the "track" menu will not come up.

Has anyone else had similar issues or any other issue? My guess is software issues.

Thanks

killascrimp 10-16-2013 07:51 PM

i cant get my (hockey stick) speedometer to come on while i am in"track mode". maybe i am doing something wrong. i also had paint issue i am working on. picked her up late last night

sahowley 10-17-2013 01:45 PM

Update from dealer
1. Replacing Nav / Information screen
2. Replacing torque tube. I mentioned a rattling sound to them. It appears the tube is bent. Had to come like this I haven't turned the ires over yet or driven the car hard at all.
3. Track mode... Still no word on fix yet.
Expected date of return. Sometime next week maybe :sad0147:

killascrimp 10-17-2013 06:08 PM

Hey this might help is your cell in the storage spot behind the info screen? My screen has been great but then I placed my s4 behind the screen and the screen started bouncing all over, I took cell out and it fixed prob. Im sure there will be a tsb soon.

jsvette 10-17-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killascrimp (Post 7102449)
Hey this might help is your cell in the storage spot behind the info screen? My screen has been great but then I placed my s4 behind the screen and the screen started bouncing all over, I took cell out and it fixed prob. Im sure there will be a tsb soon.

Very interesting! A while back I experienced the same exact issue with my Caddy XTS Platinum: I had by Samsung S3 plugged into the USB behind the NAV screen (similar set up to the C7) and all of a sudden the screen went the way old TVs went when the tube was going. Once I pulled the Samsung out, the problem never occurred again in 7k plus miles. I am convinced it had to do with some sort of interference between the bluetooth phone and NAV. :cool:

sahowley 10-17-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsvette (Post 7102597)
Very interesting! A while back I experienced the same exact issue with my Caddy XTS Platinum: I had by Samsung S3 plugged into the USB behind the NAV screen (similar set up to the C7) and all of a sudden the screen went the way old TVs went when the tube was going. Once I pulled the Samsung out, the problem never occurred again in 7k plus miles. I am convinced it had to do with some sort of interference between the bluetooth phone and NAV. :cool:

No phone was in my pocket not behind screen or plugged into the car at all.

SCM_Crash 10-20-2013 11:55 AM

I haven't had any strange issues. I do hear the dash pad creak a little when going over uneven ground. It's kind of annoying because otherwise the car feels really solid.

Chevrolet Customer Svc 10-21-2013 10:52 AM

Hey sahowley,

I am sorry that you are not out enjoying your new Stingray! If you would like me to get a case started for you in my system, please let me know. It does sound like your dealer is taking great care of you. Keep us all posted,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

sahowley 10-21-2013 08:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sahowley (Post 7098394)

Has anyone else had similar issues or any other issue? My guess is software issues.

Thanks

Update
Car is still @ dealership, Rodger Dean in West Palm Beach, FL, not expected to return until Friday at the earliest. It arrived @ Rodger Dean on 10/16/13.

Issue 1. & 2. Replacing screen
3. Still no answer. I don't think anyone @ the dealership understands what this menu is or that it does exist in car with z51 and mag ride. I was told today that they were searching on youtube to find video on how to access menu. This alarmed me, but not as much as an email I got form Chevy customer service. I contacted them to get support for the dealership since they don't seem to understand the car. When Chevy customer service contacted the dealership today they told them that they do not have my car or a ticket open on my car? Bellow you will see a picture of my car in there garage taken sunday, 10/20/13. I stopped by this Sunday to see my car. I missed her that much! I'm a little concerned at this point. Also they discovered that the torque tube is bent in the car. They think it was a defective part installed @ BG. My white c7 is the 4th car one the right!!! Not a great feeling. How do you not know that this car has been in your service bay for 6 days????

sahowley 10-21-2013 08:26 PM

Just so everyone understands where I am coming from, I LOVE this car. It is amazing inside and a dream to drive. I am though very disappointed in both Chevrolet and the Dealership. I traded in a 2012 640 BMW on this car. I followed this car online and in every issue of Motor Trend as info was leaked about its production over the last 3 yrs. Now to a let a car out with bellow standard QC and to have bad customer support @ dealership is very disappointing. I want to drive a Corvette, but how do I justify paying $72,000 + for a car and getting $10,000 support and service. GM needs to consider this. Being a current BMW customer, I have still have a 2012 550, one thing I can say with 100% certainty is this would have been handled better. They would at least be able to tell me what is wrong with my car after 6 days and they would know that my car is @ in one of their service bays!!!

bnall40 10-21-2013 09:09 PM

A comment in the same vain: I too, have had build problems but Bowling Green has been pro active in response and I am driving to the plant next week to have 2 items fixed. This is trouble for me but I sincerely appreciate their response.
However, here is another problem, take note: If you are planning to add options, i.e., Sting Ray luggage area and front floor mats, save you money and buy Lloyd or something similar. Both are advertised as "Plush". They are anything but. They are cheap looking and they do a disservice to an otherwise beautiful car inside and out. How they got past the "interior upgrade and scrutiny" is a mystery. You would not like them in a Chevy Nova, they are poor quality. Also; The "plush" Sting Ray luggage area mat prevents the use of the lower privacy curtain. There are no holes in the mat for the snap on connectors to pass through when attaching the privacy curtain. My suggestion: Do not buy either! If the luggage mat fit they set would still do a disservice to your beautiful C7! :emoticon5:

bconley2384 10-21-2013 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahowley (Post 7098394)

Thanks

So, for number #3.... Not sure what "Track" mode you are talking about. Are you talking about the Performance Traction Management system? Which is accessed by selecting "Track" from the drive mode selector and then pressing the center button on the drive mode selector twice... Or are you searching for a "Track" mode within the infotainment system menus?

If it is the second one that you are looking for, it doesn't exist. Originally you were going to be able to customize things like steering and suspension modes independently of each other, but GM updated the MyLink software prior to launch to disable this feature. See the second post of the thread below:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...e-control.html

Hope this helps.

killascrimp 10-21-2013 10:30 PM

i am also a little puzzled at the reaction i got

I had a less than pleasing experience at the dealership, but when I saw paint missing on my hood I was pretty upset. I called GM but the 18 year old kids they have picking up the calls can not help me. I asked them if they can please have a supervisor call me, but I received no call. Day 2... still no call remember that I called hours after the purchase, day 3 I call the GM and ask if I can please talk to anybody about the paint issue. Finally I get a call back but they didn't even want me to send them a pic.. They said I can mail it in. and let my local dealer fix it.. come on ...needless to say I am going to trust my dealer and if they can cover it cool, I guess I thought GM would handle a almost 70k car with a little more care...I am not b!tching I love my car.. its better than I thought. I didn't even go for a test ride I wrote a check and left but come on GM you should have way better customer care, I know my last car SRT had great customer care...:doh: they want 911 owners right... call your customers back.:iono:

sahowley 10-22-2013 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bconley2384 (Post 7114210)
So, for number #3.... Not sure what "Track" mode you are talking about. Are you talking about the Performance Traction Management system? Which is accessed by selecting "Track" from the drive mode selector and then pressing the center button on the drive mode selector twice... Or are you searching for a "Track" mode within the infotainment system menus?

If it is the second one that you are looking for, it doesn't exist. Originally you were going to be able to customize things like steering and suspension modes independently of each other, but GM updated the MyLink software prior to launch to disable this feature. See the second post of the thread below:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...e-control.html

Hope this helps.

Performance Traction Management. Sorry about calling it track mode. Accessed by putting the car in track and pressing the traction control button twice quickly. I had tried to access PTM menu 1,000 times. Pushing it very fast not so fast. With foot on break, while in park, while in drive, every way I could think of and nothing. I even showed the service advisor the directions in the book and demonstrated for them. It frustration that they have no answer for me after 6 days nor do they understand what it does or how it should work. I thought only 900 dealerships got to sell the car. That those dealerships had to sell a certain number of vetts, attend training, and invest in the tools to work on c7.
Thanks for the advice I do appreciate it

laborsmith 10-22-2013 06:43 AM

I am puzzled by your post. killascrimp. What were/are your expectations when calling a customer service person regarding a paint issue? Unless you had been rebuffed at a dealership, and your post provides no indication of that happening.

Just asking.

Any pun in this post totally unintended.

Laborsmith

killascrimp 10-22-2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laborsmith (Post 7114758)
I am puzzled by your post. killascrimp. What were/are your expectations when calling a customer service person regarding a paint issue? Unless you had been rebuffed at a dealership, and your post provides no indication of that happening.

Just asking.

Any pun in this post totally unintended.

Laborsmith

well I wanted to know what they thought and what was the best way to fix it... the dealership who was super nice flat out told me that if he had to 'repaint' the whole hood, he prob wouldn't match paint I don't know... I thought they would at least want to see pics. maybe I am too optimistic....anyway I a sending it in next week just sucks when every one points out the 2 spots gets aggravating... I

TKDubya 10-22-2013 02:03 PM

Got my C7 on October 4th and it is a great car. Got into it on Saturday the 19th to take a drive and the LCD screen for the Infotainment system went haywire for absolutely no reason. I just started the car and the trouble began. It started flipping from screen to screen and then started doing some weird stuff like an old television when the picture tube rolls continuously just before it goes out. There was nothing near it to cause any interference and I had not placed anything in the compartment behind the screen other than a pair of Oakley sunglasses.
I took it to my dealer on yesterday morning with the idea that they would replace the screen because the car is so new. I hoped that they wouldn't risk trying to fix it because I don't want a repaired item in my brand new car. An item that should never go out in 14 days. Day two is almost over and I spoke to the service manager and according to them they are still "gathering information" from Chevy tech support because the car is so new. It sounds as if they are learning on the fly and intend on trying to fix whatever the issue is. Quite frankly I don't know if they know what they are doing at all.
I just wanted to find out if anyone else was having this kind of issue with their screen. Also just wanted to make others aware that right now it doesn't seem like they have the answers to some of these problems. :facepalm:

TKDubya 10-22-2013 04:24 PM

Update: Dealer service dept. called and said they are ordering a new screen because it appears there have been a few problems with the new screen system throughout the country. Doesn't seem to be widespread but there has been problems. They told me again because things are so new it would take a few days for the new part to arrive so I took my car and they will call me when the part arrives. Just my experience if anyone should happen to run into this problem. It seems Chevy is aware of the issue.

SSDRIVER 10-22-2013 05:35 PM

I had a infotainment screen issue as well, a new display screen fixed the issue.:smoking:

CaptainChet 10-22-2013 09:18 PM

That's amazing about the cell behind the screen. I fly for the airlines and I know we tell you to shut off the cell (etc) but I've never seen a cell cause any interference with our screens in the flight deck. Maybe ours are better isolated from outside interference. Shoot, they only cost 3x more than the C7 (and that's just for one - we have 5 big ones and 3 little ones).

GQ4Life 10-24-2013 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killascrimp (Post 7099358)
i cant get my (hockey stick) speedometer to come on while i am in"track mode". maybe i am doing something wrong. i also had paint issue i am working on. picked her up late last night

there is setting is menu to choose certain speedometer look eco,sport, or track as a default (some one for every menu) or have computer change depending on mode ur in..
if u have the exact same speedo in every mode it might be that setting..
goto 2:45s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ino9uwmvtsc?t=2m45s

GQ4Life 10-24-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahowley (Post 7114715)
Performance Traction Management. Sorry about calling it track mode. Accessed by putting the car in track and pressing the traction control button twice quickly. I had tried to access PTM menu 1,000 times. Pushing it very fast not so fast. With foot on break, while in park, while in drive, every way I could think of and nothing. I even showed the service advisor the directions in the book and demonstrated for them. It frustration that they have no answer for me after 6 days nor do they understand what it does or how it should work. I thought only 900 dealerships got to sell the car. That those dealerships had to sell a certain number of vetts, attend training, and invest in the tools to work on c7.
Thanks for the advice I do appreciate it

I used it.. pretty easy to get to. They probably put the wrong program into ur car. non-mag suspension one..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHTe5ZQqJ5w

GQ4Life 10-24-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc (Post 7112114)
Hey sahowley,

I am sorry that you are not out enjoying your new Stingray! If you would like me to get a case started for you in my system, please let me know. It does sound like your dealer is taking great care of you. Keep us all posted,

Kelly J.
Chevrolet Customer Care

My tire temp monitor doesnt work
I made thread showing it

Sent From The Q on the Galaxy S4

sahowley 10-25-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahowley (Post 7101709)
Update from dealer
1. Replacing Nav / Information screen
2. Replacing torque tube. I mentioned a rattling sound to them. It appears the tube is bent. Had to come like this I haven't turned the ires over yet or driven the car hard at all.
3. Track mode... Still no word on fix yet.
Expected date of return. Sometime next week maybe :sad0147:

Ok so I got my car back. Let me start by saying I love my car. It drives amazing. I am so happy to be in it. I had a little run in with a ZL1 on the way home. FUN FUN FUN. Now for the not so fun.

The torque tube was replaced. That issue seems to be solved.
The Track mode as I called it or TPM menu now is operational.
The nag/informational system was replaced with a new unit, but still is not operational. An engineer is coming to the dealership on Thursday to look at my car and hopefully fix issue. They offered to keep me in rental, but I declined and took my car back.
That's my story. I am happy to have her back and I am sure Chevy will get the issue straight. It's just tuff to have this amazing machine for 24 days and have 10 of them sent in the dealers garage. I love this car the best car i've ever driven!
Thanks

sahowley 11-01-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahowley (Post 7126749)
Ok so I got my car back. Let me start by saying I love my car. It drives amazing. I am so happy to be in it. I had a little run in with a ZL1 on the way home. FUN FUN FUN. Now for the not so fun.

The torque tube was replaced. That issue seems to be solved.
The Track mode as I called it or TPM menu now is operational.
The nag/informational system was replaced with a new unit, but still is not operational. An engineer is coming to the dealership on Thursday to look at my car and hopefully fix issue. They offered to keep me in rental, but I declined and took my car back.
That's my story. I am happy to have her back and I am sure Chevy will get the issue straight. It's just tuff to have this amazing machine for 24 days and have 10 of them sent in the dealers garage. I love this car the best car i've ever driven!
Thanks

Update
Update
I dropped my car back off at dealer yesterday, 10-31-13, to have a Chevy field engineer diagnose the issue. They have decided to replace the information unit again with a new unit. They are expecting the unit to arrive next Tuesday. I will get the car back Tuesday or Wednesday of next wk. I hate not having my car, but the engineer didn't want me to take it. I'll give another update when I get it back. I have also added to the work order to have the rear diff checked and the tire temperature checked. Mine always reads warm. It never reads hot or cold.
Thanks

Stingray 11-01-2013 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahowley (Post 7147021)
Update
Update
I dropped my car back off at dealer yesterday, 10-31-13, to have a Chevy field engineer diagnose the issue. They have decided to replace the information unit again with a new unit. They are expecting the unit to arrive next Tuesday. I will get the car back Tuesday or Wednesday of next wk. I hate not having my car, but the engineer didn't want me to take it. I'll give another update when I get it back. I have also added to the work order to have the rear diff checked and the tire temperature checked. Mine always reads warm. It never reads hot or cold.
Thanks

What a bummer! I feel for you... hang in there. Hope everything will finally be sorted out by early next week. :hug:

sahowley 11-01-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 7147042)
What a bummer! I feel for you... hang in there. Hope everything will finally be sorted out by early next week. :hug:

Thanks.

CruznCorvette 11-02-2013 07:37 AM

Sorry to hear about your problems with your new C7. Is the dealer rental a comparable vehicle, i.e. premium or luxury car? I'd settle for nothing less. Also, keep the following info handy. If the third infotainment unit gives you problems, I'd look into Florida's / Federal Lemon Law.

How The Florida Lemon Law Works

The Lemon Law covers defects or conditions that substantially impair the use, value or safety of a new or demonstrator vehicle (these are called "nonconformities"). These defects must be first reported to the manufacturer or its authorized service agent (usually, this is the dealer) during the "Lemon Law Rights Period," which is the first 24 months after the date of delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer. If the manufacturer fails to conform the vehicle to the warranty after a reasonable number of attempts to repair these defects, the law requires the manufacturer to buy back the defective vehicle and give the consumer a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle. The law does not cover defects that result from accident, neglect, abuse, modification or alteration by persons other than the manufacturer or its authorized service agent. DO NOT DELAY in reporting a problem as this may cost valuable time and protection.
Consumers should KEEP RECORDS of all repairs and maintenance. A written repair order should be obtained from the service agent (dealer) for each examination or repair under the warranty. The consumer should note the date the vehicle was taken in for repair and date he or she was notified that work was completed. Odometer mileage when the vehicle was taken to the shop and when it was picked up after repair should also be noted. Consumers should keep all receipts or invoices for payment of expenses related to the purchase/lease of the vehicle and to any repair.
If the vehicle has been back to the service agent for repair of the same recurring problem at least three times, the consumer must give written notification by certified, registered or express mail, to the manufacturer (not the dealer) to afford a final opportunity to repair the vehicle. Check the warranty book or owner’s manual or other written manufacturer supplement for the address given by the manufacturer. A Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form may be used for this purpose. Click here for the Instructions and Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form. Upon receipt of the notification, the manufacturer has 10 days to direct the consumer to a reasonably accessible repair facility, and then up to 10 days from delivery of the vehicle to fix it.
If the vehicle is in and out of the authorized repair shop for repair of one or more different problems for 15 or more cumulative days, the consumer must give written notification of this fact to the manufacturer (not the dealer), by certified, registered or express mail. Check the warranty book or owner’s manual or other written manufacturer supplement for the address given by the manufacturer. A Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form may used for this purpose. Click here for the Instructions and Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form. After the manufacturer’s receipt of the notification, the manufacturer or its authorized service agent must have at least one opportunity to inspect or repair the vehicle. The consumer may be eligible for a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle if the vehicle is out of service for repair of one or more nonconformities for a cumulative total of 30 or more days.
If the manufacturer does not provide a refund or a replacement vehicle, consumers may invoke their rights through one or two arbitration programs. The dispute must be submitted for arbitration to a manufacturer sponsored program, if that program was certified by the State of Florida when the consumer purchased or leased the vehicle and the manufacturer's warranty or other written material explained how and where to file a claim with a state-certified program.
A list of Manufacturers who sponsor state-certified programs can be found by clicking here, or to find out if a manufacturer has a state-certified program, consumers in Florida may call the Lemon Law Hotline (1-800-321-5366), consumers out of state may call 850-414-3500. "State-certified" means the manufacturer's program meets certain state and federal requirements; it does not mean that the program is administered or sponsored by the State of Florida.
If a manufacturer has no state-certified program, or if the manufacturer has a state-certified program, but the program fails to make a decision in 40 days, or the consumer is not satisfied with the state-certified program's decision, the dispute must be submitted to the Florida New Motor Vehicle Arbitration Board, which is administered by the Office of the Attorney General. Click here to download a Request for Arbitration form, or contact the Lemon Law Hotline (1-800-321-5366; 1-850-414-3500) to obtain a Request for Arbitration form. The form is submitted for eligibility screening to the Office of the Attorney General.

sahowley 11-02-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruznCorvette (Post 7150089)
Sorry to hear about your problems with your new C7. Is the dealer rental a comparable vehicle, i.e. premium or luxury car? I'd settle for nothing less. Also, keep the following info handy. If the third infotainment unit gives you problems, I'd look into Florida's / Federal Lemon Law.

How The Florida Lemon Law Works

The Lemon Law covers defects or conditions that substantially impair the use, value or safety of a new or demonstrator vehicle (these are called "nonconformities"). These defects must be first reported to the manufacturer or its authorized service agent (usually, this is the dealer) during the "Lemon Law Rights Period," which is the first 24 months after the date of delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer. If the manufacturer fails to conform the vehicle to the warranty after a reasonable number of attempts to repair these defects, the law requires the manufacturer to buy back the defective vehicle and give the consumer a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle. The law does not cover defects that result from accident, neglect, abuse, modification or alteration by persons other than the manufacturer or its authorized service agent. DO NOT DELAY in reporting a problem as this may cost valuable time and protection.
Consumers should KEEP RECORDS of all repairs and maintenance. A written repair order should be obtained from the service agent (dealer) for each examination or repair under the warranty. The consumer should note the date the vehicle was taken in for repair and date he or she was notified that work was completed. Odometer mileage when the vehicle was taken to the shop and when it was picked up after repair should also be noted. Consumers should keep all receipts or invoices for payment of expenses related to the purchase/lease of the vehicle and to any repair.
If the vehicle has been back to the service agent for repair of the same recurring problem at least three times, the consumer must give written notification by certified, registered or express mail, to the manufacturer (not the dealer) to afford a final opportunity to repair the vehicle. Check the warranty book or owner’s manual or other written manufacturer supplement for the address given by the manufacturer. A Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form may be used for this purpose. Click here for the Instructions and Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form. Upon receipt of the notification, the manufacturer has 10 days to direct the consumer to a reasonably accessible repair facility, and then up to 10 days from delivery of the vehicle to fix it.
If the vehicle is in and out of the authorized repair shop for repair of one or more different problems for 15 or more cumulative days, the consumer must give written notification of this fact to the manufacturer (not the dealer), by certified, registered or express mail. Check the warranty book or owner’s manual or other written manufacturer supplement for the address given by the manufacturer. A Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form may used for this purpose. Click here for the Instructions and Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form. After the manufacturer’s receipt of the notification, the manufacturer or its authorized service agent must have at least one opportunity to inspect or repair the vehicle. The consumer may be eligible for a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle if the vehicle is out of service for repair of one or more nonconformities for a cumulative total of 30 or more days.
If the manufacturer does not provide a refund or a replacement vehicle, consumers may invoke their rights through one or two arbitration programs. The dispute must be submitted for arbitration to a manufacturer sponsored program, if that program was certified by the State of Florida when the consumer purchased or leased the vehicle and the manufacturer's warranty or other written material explained how and where to file a claim with a state-certified program.
A list of Manufacturers who sponsor state-certified programs can be found by clicking here, or to find out if a manufacturer has a state-certified program, consumers in Florida may call the Lemon Law Hotline (1-800-321-5366), consumers out of state may call 850-414-3500. "State-certified" means the manufacturer's program meets certain state and federal requirements; it does not mean that the program is administered or sponsored by the State of Florida.
If a manufacturer has no state-certified program, or if the manufacturer has a state-certified program, but the program fails to make a decision in 40 days, or the consumer is not satisfied with the state-certified program's decision, the dispute must be submitted to the Florida New Motor Vehicle Arbitration Board, which is administered by the Office of the Attorney General. Click here to download a Request for Arbitration form, or contact the Lemon Law Hotline (1-800-321-5366; 1-850-414-3500) to obtain a Request for Arbitration form. The form is submitted for eligibility screening to the Office of the Attorney General.

Thanks, I read up on the law last wk just in case I continue to have issues with they information system. I took video of the issues. Chevy had the dealer call me and asked me for the video's. I guess no one else has had the issue I am having. I am in a chevy cruz rental right now. It just sits in my driveway. I stole my wife's 2012 BMW 550I after I almost killed my self merging on 95. A bit of a power difference between the cruz and what I normally drive, LOL. I appreciate every ones support. Chevy seems to be doing all they can and my local dealer has been great.

sahowley 11-02-2013 08:32 AM

This is video out the original information system in my car. It just changes screen with out any input.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS-y8...ature=youtu.be

sahowley 11-02-2013 08:36 AM

THis is the replacement unit. It does the same thing, but now it makes that clicking sound when it changes screen. The clicking sound is sweet cause it is louder than the radio. Turn up radio and volume on clinking sound gets louder. I did figure out a duct tape fix, it you put the screen in the dan position the click sound would stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtLSH...ature=youtu.be

Pollickjp 11-02-2013 08:59 AM

ANYONE HAVING NOISE FROM TRANSMISSION UNDER DRIVER SIDE? SOUNDS BENIGN BUT DEALER REMOVING TRANS AND LIKELY REPLACING AN INTERNAL FLUID PUMP BUT LITERALLY DOING IT VIA INSTRUCTION OVER THE PHONE FROM GM...DOESNT EXUDE CONFIDENCE WHEN NEW CAR BEING DISASSEMBLED BY MECHANIC WHOS NEVER SEEN C7 BEFORE...UUGH

Pollickjp 11-05-2013 09:12 AM

was the rattling you heard under driver seat and only heard when idling? My dealer says theyre goning replace my torque tube too but I questioned them since sounds like inside of transmission thks John

Fasttoys 11-05-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pollickjp (Post 7158705)
was the rattling you heard under driver seat and only heard when idling? My dealer says theyre goning replace my torque tube too but I questioned them since sounds like inside of transmission thks John

What is last digits of vin?

sahowley 11-05-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahowley (Post 7147021)
Update
Update
Thanks

Update…:cry::cry::cry:

They installed the third information unit today. It is doing the same thing as the first two. Chevrolet's field engineer no showed on my dealer today so chevy technical support told them they could not continue to work on the car. I've owned the car for 34 days now. It has been in the dealer's shop for 16 DAYS now. This is getting frustrating. Now they will need to wait for field engineer to show up so he can try to figure out what is wrong. Then they will order parts. So far it's taken 5 days plus for each part to show up. Then they will need to wait for engineer to show back up so they can see if it's fixed. This is a nightmare!!! I'm starting to get a little angry. My dealer is doing all they can, but I don't feel like Chevy is all that concerned. :cry::cry::cry:

Stingray 11-05-2013 06:08 PM

OMG! Can you or the the dealer's management escalate the complaint further up the GM chain? 16/34 days is inexcusable... and it's continuing. :crazy:

sahowley 11-05-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 7160189)
OMG! Can you or the the dealer's management escalate the complaint further up the GM chain? 16/34 days is inexcusable... and it's continuing. :crazy:

Dude I called Chevy on day 7. They called the dealer and asked them to call me. Then chevy called me and asked it the dealer had contacted me and if I was satisfied. I said well I do not know if I am satisfied my car is not fixed. The Chevy customer service person told me that if the dealer had contacted me and was working on the issue they were going to CLOSE my case. I said how can you do that my car is broke? They told me to call back if I was not satisfied with the dealer. I am satisfied with the dealer and i don't want to cause problems for them. I am dissatisfied with Chevy's support for both the dealer and I. My dealer calls me once or twice a day. I think they are doing all they can. It seems chevy just calls them and tells them they are doing a bad job if I contact customer support. Shoot chevy's engineer no called no showed today! It sucks because I love the car!!!!

CruznCorvette 11-06-2013 05:38 AM

That really sucks!!
It's a shame GM / Chevy is not stepping up to the plate. The field engineer should have at least contacted the dealer. No call / no show is unacceptable and that person should be fired. I'd definitely pursue the Lemon Law route at this point.

My Sister works for a German Automotive OEM and they buy cars back all the time.

It could be a wiring harness issue instead of the infotainment unit. The supplier should be able to bench test the actual replacement unit before shipping.

Hope this gets all sorted out for you.

sahowley 11-06-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahowley (Post 7160162)
Update…:cry::cry::cry:

They installed the third information unit today. It is doing the same thing as the first two. Chevrolet's field engineer no showed on my dealer today so chevy technical support told them they could not continue to work on the car. I've owned the car for 34 days now. It has been in the dealer's shop for 16 DAYS now. This is getting frustrating. Now they will need to wait for field engineer to show up so he can try to figure out what is wrong. Then they will order parts. So far it's taken 5 days plus for each part to show up. Then they will need to wait for engineer to show back up so they can see if it's fixed. This is a nightmare!!! I'm starting to get a little angry. My dealer is doing all they can, but I don't feel like Chevy is all that concerned. :cry::cry::cry:

Update…
This morning I stopped by the dealership. I have to admit I was out of patients and ready to make some noise! To my surprise before I could start they told me my car was fixed. So the issue was not any of the three information units that were in the car. The issue was that the bezel around the information unit was making contact with the screen and causing it to go crazy. They have shimmed the bezel so it won't make contact with screen, per chevy dealer technical support. I'll be picking the car up today around 4pm. I'll keep you posted if this fixes the issue. For those of you have issues with screen this maybe the cause. Thanks for being supportive during this ordeal. I hope she is good to go now.
Thanks

Stingray 11-06-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sahowley (Post 7161846)
Update…
So the issue was not any of the three information units that were in the car. The issue was that the bezel around the information unit was making contact with the screen and causing it to go crazy. They have shimmed the bezel so it won't make contact with screen, per chevy dealer technical support. Thanks

Glad for you and to hear that was just the issue... whew!

I know I'm dissecting this further but it makes me wonder if they shimmed the inner or outer part of the bezel then that specific bezel may have been a not-so-perfect mold, or with minor defects, burrs, OOS, etc. Could they have not just completely replaced it with a new bezel?