Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Possible TSB on Z51 diff due to low fluid (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329595)

S3XPanther 11-23-2013 10:42 PM

Possible TSB on Z51 diff due to low fluid

Well, if you guys aren't on corvetteforum, here's what LG Motorsports is claiming:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-t...-for-diff.html

At the very least, check to see if your diff fluid is low. :happy0180:

S3XPanther 11-23-2013 10:44 PM

I know this isn't technically the correct section to post this, but since there isn't an "issues" section yet, I wanted to post this here so as to inform the greatest number of members possible.

Schlok 11-24-2013 02:54 AM

Z51 diff fluid

So I had a phone call from my dealership to have mine checked out (car # 758) and I happened to be in DC so I had it looked at down here...everything was good according to the dealership here. HOWEVER, it still sounds like 1) the fenders are being RIPPED off the car at low speeds and 2) in reverse/low speed cornering (parking lots) the differential sounds like it's binding like crazy. This could be a product of the 1) design and 2) the tires on the car. I know it is stated in the manual that this may occur but it sounds HORRENDOUS from the inside..just saying

WesC5 11-24-2013 09:42 AM

Hopefully GM has some recourse to penalize the vendor. This could cost them a pretty penny.

What really stinks are how the owners are/can be affected. They not only have to be inconvenienced by taking their C7s back to the dealer. But "if" they do have a big problem, trusting the dealer to R&R the differential. I'd be concerned the car would never be quite right after that....

And what about those who do find low diff fluid.....what about several months/years down the road? Problems? Try to prove it stems from this issue.....

As with any "new" model, if one buys the first year, you can expect a "few" minor irritants....but low fluid in the differential? That should never happen.

GQ4Life 11-24-2013 12:42 PM

Mine said "Service Readend" guess because of this

Sent From The Q on the Galaxy S4

killascrimp 11-24-2013 01:18 PM

Mine was one of the z51's that was low. You would think this wouldn't happen.

Bolt-onC6 11-24-2013 01:20 PM

Wonder how many more problems are going to show up. Glad I did not buy the first year. In the case of the C6Z06 would have been best to waited until the 7th year. Wasn't until 02/11 that GM addressed the valve guide wear problem.

S3XPanther 11-24-2013 01:37 PM

Someone mentioned in that thread, and it's a good point, that dealer PDI should include checking the diff fluid. So if you're taking delivery of your car in the weeks and months to come, make sure your dealer checks the diff before you accept the car.

GQ4Life 11-24-2013 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killascrimp (Post 7212535)
Mine was one of the z51's that was low. You would think this wouldn't happen.

Cars built by machine. Hit one wrong key & it's happens to all cars till they notice...

Easy fix. No real threat if just low on fluid. .
If not fluid it will make a lot of noise

sotirisf 11-24-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GQ4Life (Post 7212581)
Cars built by machine. Hit one wrong key & it's happens to all cars till they notice...

Easy fix. No real threat if just low on fluid. .
If not fluid it will make a lot of noise

Its not just noise..
there are verified reports of diff's smoking due to low fluid and complete mechanical breakdowns as driving.
Some cars have been disabled on the road driving.
I think the worst of it is over as the factory is well aware of the issues and cars HAVE been called back to dealers to get checked (at least good dealers ARE have called their customers to get them back in for a check).
Dont ignore this issue

GQ4Life 11-24-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sotirisf (Post 7212808)
Its not just noise..
there are verified reports of diff's smoking due to low fluid and complete mechanical breakdowns as driving.
Some cars have been disabled on the road driving.
I think the worst of it is over as the factory is well aware of the issues and cars HAVE been called back to dealers to get checked (at least good dealers ARE have called their customers to get them back in for a check).
Dont ignore this issue

No didn't mean just noise..
Meant low not going to fail instantly u can take to dealer. If really low different makes noise then u know not to drive at all.. especially highway speed