Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   All C7 Corvette order status requests & list of status codes (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292792)

350 HRSS 05-22-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laborsmith (Post 6573941)
Per experience, the first Corvette consensus (which should be at the end of May, about now) would be for projected August production. The second Corvette consensus will probably be closer to the start of regular production: my guess toward the end of July. Those orders picked in the first consensus will get their build date and eta dealer delivery date near the end of June. Corvette is better at these predictions than the rest of Chevrolet, one reason is that Corvettes ship by truck car hauler and not by train. Chevy picks retail sold orders before dealer stock orders and rumor has it will follow up to determine a retail sold is not a dealer stock order.

Laborsmith

This is great info, thank you for posting it. I had no idea it would be August before they started production.

I was told that all Priority #1 orders from all dealers would be first for production, regardless if a dealer gets 2 allocations or 50, and the rest of the orders would be allocated over the next 6-9 months. Becky, does that sound right to you?

Also, when will these orders start getting pulled? I know someone mentioned this week? Is that true, or will it be closer to next week, since it's the actual end of May.

This is exciting :first:

Rayo 05-22-2013 03:55 PM

How do you know when your order gets pulled?

Rayo 05-22-2013 03:56 PM

any 2500's yet??

350 HRSS 05-22-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rayo (Post 6576115)
How do you know when your order gets pulled?

Your dealer can check it in GM Global Connect daily and check on the Event Code Status.

laborsmith 05-22-2013 04:59 PM

Welcome to the true E Ride people who do retail sold orders, particularly pre-orders, which is what this thread is currently focusing on. Retail ordering can be a true roller coaster ride.

I am not sure when the last consensus in May takes place, I am guessing yesterday but it could be next Tuesday. For those who need refreshing: Consensus – The planning and forecasting of vehicles between the dealer and GM. A quantity of vehicles that a dealer requests for a given production period from GM. Based on GM data and constraints they may or may not receive the amount requested.

There are non sellable Corvettes being built now, and possibly Captured Test Fleet as well, which exist to get as many real world miles as possible as one of the final checks before the start of regular production cars.

Anything Becky does your dealer can do but it is a lot more fun (for everyone) watching Becky do her magic so I hope people take advantage. Also, all retail sold orders are priority 1 though at consensus a dealer may put a not first order through if there is a constraint on the would be first order. The dealer really has no choice because if an allocation is not used it can not be saved and it will be given to another dealer. How else to Kerbeck and a few others come to dominate Corvette sales?

Laborsmith

dvdhotboy 05-23-2013 11:58 AM

Hi Becky, can you track this RBGZ61.

Thanks

laborsmith 05-23-2013 12:31 PM

Looked at my C6 order time line just now, and realized my above post inaccurate. It was about now (Mem. Day 2004) my salesperson informed me the dealership had used one of their two first consensus allocations for my order. There was no status change. In the first week of June my order was accepted (2500) than June 16 it went to 3000. On June 23 while still at 3000 it got a TPW (08/02/2004) and eta (08/23/2004). On 07/08/2004 status 3100 then on 07/28/2004 status 3400. The car was assembled the week of 08/02/2004, arrived at the dealer 08/23 and my driveway 08/24. VIN ending number 0708.

So the first status level change should be between 05/28/2013 and 06/04/2013.

Hopes this more accurate info helps.

Laborsmith

Rayo 05-23-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laborsmith (Post 6579786)
Looked at my C6 order time line just now, and realized my above post inaccurate. It was about now (Mem. Day 2004) my salesperson informed me the dealership had used one of their two first consensus allocations for my order. There was no status change. In the first week of June my order was accepted (2500) than June 16 it went to 3000. On June 23 while still at 3000 it got a TPW (08/02/2004) and eta (08/23/2004). On 07/08/2004 status 3100 then on 07/28/2004 status 3400. The car was assembled the week of 08/02/2004, arrived at the dealer 08/23 and my driveway 08/24. VIN ending number 0708.

So the first status level change should be between 05/28/2013 and 06/04/2013.

Hopes this more accurate info helps.

Laborsmith

Cristal clear, my friend. :w00t:

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 05-23-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laborsmith (Post 6576347)
Welcome to the true E Ride people who do retail sold orders, particularly pre-orders, which is what this thread is currently focusing on. Retail ordering can be a true roller coaster ride.

I am not sure when the last consensus in May takes place, I am guessing yesterday but it could be next Tuesday. For those who need refreshing: Consensus – The planning and forecasting of vehicles between the dealer and GM. A quantity of vehicles that a dealer requests for a given production period from GM. Based on GM data and constraints they may or may not receive the amount requested.

There are non sellable Corvettes being built now, and possibly Captured Test Fleet as well, which exist to get as many real world miles as possible as one of the final checks before the start of regular production cars.

Anything Becky does your dealer can do but it is a lot more fun (for everyone) watching Becky do her magic so I hope people take advantage. Thank you!! Also, all retail sold orders are priority 1 though at consensus a dealer may put a not first order through if there is a constraint on the would be first order. The dealer really has no choice because if an allocation is not used it can not be saved and it will be given to another dealer. How else to Kerbeck and a few others come to dominate Corvette sales?Laborsmith

True - I believe today is the first they are acually accepting any orders, but my allocation is not in this cycle. I know the priority dealers received allocation, but I never heard of everyone getting to submit an order on opening day. The Production Guide was given to the dealers and my understanding was that was to cover 6-9 months. No mention of the timing to receive them.

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 05-23-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdhotboy (Post 6579631)
Hi Becky, can you track this RBGZ61.

Thanks

1100 status :smoking:

ChucksTuning 05-23-2013 08:24 PM

The dealer I purchased from has the highest allocation in south texas. I'd be lying if I said how many but I do know it's like 80-90+. Anyways, I am on the "second run"... my allocation spot is 33. What does this mean for me in regards to build date... when does the "second run" typically start? And since my dealership is apparently a VIP/Priority dealer, will my allocation still be ahead of smaller non-priority dealerships?

Thanks
Chuck

laborsmith 05-24-2013 07:06 AM

The current consensus is for a projected August production and likely all picks will come off the line in August. The second Corvette consensus will be late July and will fill out August production (if the line is going good). Shortly after that Corvette will be included in the twice monthly consensus. I would guess at 33 you would be included in the second consensus only if several ahead of you drop out or more likely take a pass because something they want is on constraint. For the C6 the wheel option (polished or chromed, I do not recall which) was on constraint for several consensus points and that option was important enough that many who wanted it waited. I suspect the same will happen (wheels) this time. I also suspect the Z51 option will quickly be on limited constraint because of the brakes that are part of the package.

Laborsmith

purpleRac3r 05-24-2013 09:47 PM

I'm in! I received the call today from my salesman, Dave, at Lou Fusz Chevrolet that I made the first consensus for production! Order number RBCP20 moves forward soon! :happyanim::first::happyanim:

350 HRSS 05-25-2013 08:03 AM

Laborsmith,

Thanks for all the great info! First consensus is the priority 1's of the dealerships? Or the first round that gets picked up? Just looking for more detail. I would assume the Priority 1 submissions that have no constraints would be picked up quickly. What about museum orders, would that affect an order at all?

Do you think they will pick up next week, since it will be the last week of May?

laborsmith 05-25-2013 03:22 PM

All retail sold orders are priority 1. Dealers can number then, say 1 then 2 then 3, but that is meaningless. When in consensus, Chevrolet will pull a dealers retail sold orders before pulling stock orders but the dealer will pick which retail sold order is submitted to match allocation. Normally this is not in question, and you may not believe me but before bankruptcy there were dealers who had never submitted a retail sold order and I daresay many of them are still in business. An intelligent dealer will match allocation against order received (dealers are not dumb tho sometimes you may wonder) so if you are #1 on your dealers lists then you most likely be the firsrt matched against allocation. Most likely because sometimes dealers are dumb but 99% of the time things will happen as predicted.

The next Corvette consensus should be the last consensus in July. Apparently only a thousand were picked in the first Corvette (which started Thursday when dealers were told what they could order and will end Tuesday when dealers actually order) consensus, about half what I expected, but I see no reason for there to be a June consensus, because a late July consensus would easily fill the last two weeks of August production.

Museum orders should not affect pick up timing and I am not aware that any order was picked before another because it was a museum delivery.

Laborsmith

Frankster80 05-25-2013 04:06 PM

Becky, I'm about to burst to know if anyone has gotten past 1100 status yet. I know I wont see mine until September (late August if I'm lucky), but I would like to see some progress on it.

Thanks

laborsmith 05-25-2013 05:23 PM

The first status changes should show up on the first Wednesday in June.

Laborsmith

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 05-25-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankster80 (Post 6588352)
Becky, I'm about to burst to know if anyone has gotten past 1100 status yet. I know I wont see mine until September (late August if I'm lucky), but I would like to see some progress on it.

Thanks

None yet ;)

Frankster80 05-25-2013 08:53 PM

Thanks for the update guys

kc6smith 05-28-2013 03:59 PM

c7 deposit made

I went to a dealer May 1oth that has an allocation of 66. I gave them a down payment on a convertible. They already had 15 coupes on order. My order for the convertible would not go in. They will put it in as soon as they can. It would be the 1st convertible they will order. Maybe in 6 months I may have it.

laborsmith 05-28-2013 05:09 PM

Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I am thinking convertible ordering was bumped from November to December.

I clearly spend to much time wandering around on the world wide web.

Laborsmith

Qz5gxt 05-28-2013 09:11 PM

Hello, can you please check my order, RBSB6T

Thank you

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 05-29-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qz5gxt (Post 6600613)
Hello, can you please check my order, RBSB6T

Thank you

1100 status - right in there with all the rest of them :D

GQ4Life 05-29-2013 09:35 AM

Are dealers able to put orders into GM yet? Any date yet? Im overseas right now

laborsmith 05-29-2013 01:13 PM

Dealers with guide numbers are putting orders in and it appears the first 1066 allocations are spoken for. Only 900 out of nearly 3100 dealers have guide numbers, which are the number of units a dealer may expect to get in the first several months of production. Per history about 1000 dealers will not meet the standards Chevy announced to be able to order a Corvette.

This is in the norm. Before bankruptcy about one-third of the 6000 Chevy dealers in existence then never delivered a Corvette to a retail customer and another third delivered less than three every three years.

Laborsmith