Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Modifying YOUR Camaro (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1655)

JustinZS 12-19-2006 12:58 AM

Modifying YOUR Camaro

I know I know the car is still in concept form, but I always like to think of potential mods to my cars before I even get them, it's fun :D

What's everyone's potential mods list for this car ??

I'm a wheels/suspension guy myself so first things I'll probably do is lower the car a little (stock height is always just a bit too high for my taste) and throw some nice aftermarket wheels on.

Exhaust would probably be next after that for me as the stock exhausts are usually a little too tame for my taste.

TAG UR IT 12-19-2006 01:09 AM

Bro, there is really no telling for me. I am just going to have to wait to see what GM offers up. Personally, if my paint options aren't offered up, I might go that route along w/ a good exhaust (if GM doesn't offer up the free flowing exhaust). I'll wait to see how it ends up. I think aftermarket companies are going to go into overdrive when this hits the dealers. Hopefully GMMG will come up w/ a bookfull of goodies for us.

JustinZS 12-19-2006 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 3936)
Bro, there is really no telling for me. I am just going to have to wait to see what GM offers up. Personally, if my paint options aren't offered up, I might go that route along w/ a good exhaust (if GM doesn't offer up the free flowing exhaust). I'll wait to see how it ends up. I think aftermarket companies are going to go into overdrive when this hits the dealers. Hopefully GMMG will come up w/ a bookfull of goodies for us.

Ahh paint job I didn't even think of that! Damn the mods fund may have to go even deeper :laugh:

I think you're right about the aftermarket being huuuge for this car. Its been years since the last new Camaro rolled off the line so I'm sure they're all salivatin at the thought of a whole new generation of Camaros to offer products for

SSFreak11 12-19-2006 01:51 AM

I'm an exhaust guy. The first thing I did to my truck was an aggressive flowmaster system for my hemi...and tinted windows.

Moose 12-19-2006 08:14 AM

Right now, my intentions are to leave it "stock". I plan on waiting and ordering the "top dog". That way, it should be just the way I want it! :D

I'll be keeping the SS as well, so when the "mod bug" is attacking, I'll mod the SS more! :D

TAG UR IT 12-19-2006 11:28 AM

Glad to hear you're keeping the SS, Ed. I sure wish I had the cash to do the same.

Bruno 12-19-2006 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSFreak11 (Post 3940)
I'm an exhaust guy. The first thing I did to my truck was an aggressive flowmaster system for my hemi...and tinted windows.

Same. Nothing says (or screams) V8 muscle like a nice aftermarket exhaust :eyebulge:

Depending on how good the stock suspension is I may or may not upgrade that also. I'm more about performance mods than cosmetic anyway and plus the new Camaro isn't too shabby in the looks department to start with :D

Moose 12-19-2006 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 3958)
Glad to hear you're keeping the SS, Ed. I sure wish I had the cash to do the same.

I have two buddies arguing with each other as to who would get it if I decided to sell. :laugh: But I have too many good memories with my SS, and it'd be like selling off my Golden Retriever...they both mean too much to me to ever consider it. :)

FTI-EDC 12-22-2006 11:28 AM

A trip to Kooks for headers and exhaust!

Ed

camaro2009 12-23-2006 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 3970)
I have two buddies arguing with each other as to who would get it if I decided to sell. :laugh: But I have too many good memories with my SS, and it'd be like selling off my Golden Retriever...they both mean too much to me to ever consider it. :)

I agree I could never get rid of either of my Golden Retrievers, my wife implicitly wants me to dwindle down the automobile collection before the Camaro arrives.

I would have to wait and see what GM offers to us, because after driving the GTO, I was pretty impressed with everything, and that is assuming the LS2 will be used, I was quite impressed with that car.

Moose 12-23-2006 10:48 AM

I know this thread is getting a little off track, re; talk of Goldens, but IMO, I'd give up the SS before I'd give up my Golden. :thumbsup:

He just woke up, came downstairs, and is using his nose as a battering ram to let me know he wants to go outside. :laugh:

Here's my "son" :D
http://Bubba.smugmug.com/photos/10088790-S.jpg

Bruno 01-05-2007 02:33 PM

After seeing the Camaro convertible with those stripes if I can't get it from the factory like that, I'm definitely having those painted indpendently. The dual stripes suits this new Camaro perfectly!

official_style 01-05-2007 11:37 PM

long tubes, gears, custom tune intake bla bla all the bolt-ons. maybe a blower, but only if these motors can take it, unlike the one in the s197 stangs.

Adam_346 01-06-2007 02:50 PM

exhaust first in my book also