Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stingray Photos, Videos, Media (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   2014 Stingray Revealed: EXTERIOR DESIGN and Aerodynamics Explored (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280297)

Tran 01-27-2013 07:12 PM

2014 Stingray Revealed: EXTERIOR DESIGN and Aerodynamics Explored

Quote:

The 2014 Stingray exemplifies stunning exterior design. Distinct aeronautical lines. Intricate ventilation systems. A sleek, sculpted finish. See how purposeful aerodynamic design yields a fully functional exterior and a totally new breathing experience.
GM designers (including Corvette Chief Engineer, Tadge Juechter) how extra attention paid to the lower air dam and vented hood to help reduce drag and lift, while the rear quarter inlets are for differential and transmission cooling. Many of these elements were inspired from GM's involvement in racing.

GaBoy25 01-27-2013 07:23 PM

Bahaha thanks!

Edit: chill bumps...wow

Stingray 01-27-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBoy25 (Post 5279)
Bahaha thanks!
Edit: chill bumps...wow

Yup, goosebumps indeed.

GaB... everytime you do that bahaha :laugh: you remind me of Sponge Bob's laugh. :D

GaBoy25 01-27-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 5304)
Yup, goosebumps indeed.

GaB... everytime you do that bahaha :laugh: you remind me of Sponge Bob's laugh. :D

My God my friend. Consider yourself "gifted". I swear on my life that's where it's coming from! My 3 year old is OBSESSED with sponge bob.

I have loads on the dvr including the Christmas special that was shot in claymation style. Trippy stuff.

I believe the creators may have dabbled in psychedelic drugs one or more times in their lives. :lol:

Gohan 01-28-2013 11:26 AM

Love seeing how form follows fiction on the Stingray. Especially when both the form and function end up top notch. GM engineers and designers are at the top of their game right now. :hail:

GaBoy25 01-28-2013 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gohan (Post 5405)
Love seeing how form follows fiction on the Stingray. Especially when both the form and function end up top notch. GM engineers and designers are at the top of their game right now. :hail:

You can tell their passionate about what they do. And that matters...at least to me anyways.:thumb:

Stingray 01-28-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gohan (Post 5405)

Let that formula trickle to the 6th Gen Camaro... GM engineers, listening? :ear:

:chevy: :thumb:

Gohan 01-28-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 5409)
Let that formula trickle to the 6th Gen Camaro... GM engineers, listening? :ear:

:chevy: :thumb:

I'm not in the market for a camaro but seeing how good the C7 Corvette is aesthetically and technically should have Camaro fans wetting their lips for the 6th gen Camaro.

Tran 01-28-2013 12:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Anyone notice the nice peek at the Corvette Stingray convertible in the video? :D

Look at the drawings behind the car.

Attachment 552

Stingray 01-28-2013 12:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice find! :spy:

Gohan 01-31-2013 10:06 AM

When's the next C7 feature video by GM due? I've watched this one well over 5 times already. Need more!

Beechdoctor 02-01-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gohan (Post 5920)
When's the next C7 feature video by GM due? I've watched this one well over 5 times already. Need more!

Ditto that...

spratleyea 02-01-2013 10:00 PM

2014 C7 Corvette Stingray Exterior Design and Aerodynamics Explored

8 Attachment(s)
I am so proud of GM, (Chevrolet Division) for developing such beautiful automobiles as the 2010 Camaro and the stunning 2014 Corvette. It indicates to me that GM can build excellent cars at very competitive prices. With that being said, GM, all you need to do now is apply the Camaro and Corvette engineering to the mainstream cars like the Impala (Caprice), Malibu (Clevelle), Cruze (Nova), and take back the number one position in the Automobile Industry. Honda, Camry, Altima, and now Kia have been at the forefront too long. It's time to fight back. On the truck front, well Ford is kicking Chevy's butt with the F-150. I don't know what you can do about that. Just my opinion. Thanks again for the Camaro and Corvette. Now let's get back to work building the finest cars in the world. The images indicate that I am doing my part to keep Chevrolet on top. :)