CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   I'm a clumsy #!%@ - help! (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=436526)

Eroc23 01-14-2016 05:16 PM

I'm a clumsy #!%@ - help!

1 Attachment(s)
It wasn't even a month. Not a month before I damaged my car. Detailing it every day for three weeks straight doesn't matter if you're clumsy like me.

So I'm heading out to Vegas for a conference. I dutifully pay ahead of time for my covered parking. I get my suitcase and realize it won't fit in the trunk. Ok, fine. Just put it in the passenger seat.

Seemed like a good idea at first, except if it's a giant, over-sized suitcase and you're a klutz.

So I banged the crap out of my dash and dinged the leather. Anyone have any suggestions/products to fix this?

BradfordCamaro 01-14-2016 05:25 PM

Perfect excuse to get some suede on there.....that's all the help from me;)

Glen e 01-14-2016 05:44 PM

yeah that's a tough one , as the surface is actually disturbed (cut), it needs to be covered in some way....

Bongos2U 01-14-2016 05:48 PM

So one suitcase, oversized or not, did not fit in the trunk??

Ruh-roh !!

Omar1 01-14-2016 06:36 PM

Must have been a huge suitcase :frown:

ParkerAS 01-14-2016 06:45 PM

That's kinda disappointing how easy that can happen

63falcondude 01-14-2016 06:54 PM

Put a sticker on it

RenegadeXR 01-14-2016 06:57 PM

It's just the first mark on your car. It was bound to happen. You won't be bothered by it as much over time. I would just lightly tap the tip of a sharpie against the exposed white bit so you don't see it unless you're directly staring at it.

pinoyscorpion951 01-14-2016 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RenegadeXR (Post 8842822)
It's just the first mark on your car. It was bound to happen. You won't be bothered by it as much over time. I would just lightly tap the tip of a sharpie against the exposed white bit so you don't see it unless you're directly staring at it.

This happened to me on my last Camaro, but it was the buckle of a backpack that did the damage. I did the exact same thing you mentioned. I took a sharpie to it and presto...like it wasn't even there. The scuffed areas faded over time, especially after it got exposed to a bit of sunlight.

RenegadeXR 01-14-2016 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 (Post 8842838)
This happened to me on my last Camaro, but it was the buckle of a backpack that did the damage. I did the exact same thing you mentioned. I took a sharpie to it and presto...like it wasn't even there. The scuffed areas faded over time, especially after it got exposed to a bit of sunlight.

Yeah, I've learned the hard way not to mess around with a small scuff on something relatively new, no matter how tempted. It's an eye sore at first, but if you try too hard to hide it, you always make it worse. Unless it's a surface that can be buffed out, the best thing you can do is leave it alone. Over time, small signs of natural wear and tear accumulate in other places, and it won't stand out as much.

Jason29 01-14-2016 07:14 PM

That stinks, and I can certainly understand your disappointment with that happening. I'd be the same way.

I'd suggest checking around your local area for an automobile leather repair or trim shop. Your local dealer may have a contact they use for leather seats that are punctured or need re-coloring. Over the years, I have seen those type of places do good work and sometimes they can make it look nearly unnoticeable. Worth a phone call or a drop by their business.

Hope this helps!

DenverTaco07 01-14-2016 07:22 PM

^^ word

YellowFin 01-14-2016 07:41 PM

Ugh! Sorry dude! I would be kicking myself too.

djm96z28 01-15-2016 06:37 AM

The first cut is the deepest.... It stinks but as others have said, other things will happen over time. I'd try the Sharpie thing, but other than that, I'd leave it alone.