Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   2008 Cadillac CTS (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=489)

KILLER74Z28 01-09-2007 01:09 AM

2008 Cadillac CTS

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 521

Attachment 522

Attachment 523

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

2008 Cadillac CTS: Cadillac's most important launch of the decade

The new 2008 Cadillac CTS, launched at the 2007 Detroit auto show, will prove once and for all whether GM's luxury division can truly deliver on the promise of its radical "Art & Science" styling revolution and run wheel to wheel with the likes of Audi, BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes-Benz.

With its edgy panels, wedgy stance, and bold light graphics, the new CTS appears a straightforward design evolution of the current car. That's no bad thing: Although now in its final model year, the current CTS is selling better than ever.

Caddy engineers are making a lot of noise about the track time prototypes have logged around the demanding Nrburgring Nordschliefe, and tightly tailored wheel openings also give the new CTS a cooler, more muscular stance.

Base engine is the 3.6-liter "high feature" V-6, which boasts double overhead camshafts with variable valve timing. The big news under the hood, though, is a new 300-horsepower direct-injection version of the 3.6. A first for an American-built gasoline engine, it uses an ultra-high-pressure fuel system to pump finely atomized gas directly into the combustion chambers, like a diesel. Both engines will drive through a choice of six-speed transmissions, an Aisin manual and the new Hydra-Matic 6L50 auto originally introduced on the STS-v. A limited-slip differential is available for performance drivers and all-wheel drive will be available as an option.

Base wheels are 17-inch, seven spoke alloys, but 18-inch nine spoke units are also available and will be mandatory with the optional performance suspension package's larger high-performance brake calipers.

CTS variants, including a sport wagon and a stunning two-door coupe, are expected to make appearances as concept cars sometime in the next 12 months. And, of course, there's the much-scooped new CTS-v, which promises 500 to 600 horsepower of real American V-8 muscle under the hood.

If the second-generation versions of the STS, XLR, SRX, and DTS show the same step change improvement in design, engineering, and perceived quality as this second-generation CTS, Cadillac's place as America's only globally competitive luxury automobile is assured.

For more on the 2008 Cadillac CTS, pick up the March issue of Motor Trend or stay tuned for the complete report at MotorTrend.com soon.

TAG UR IT 01-09-2007 01:49 AM

":bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: "

Exactly how I feel. :drool:

Moose 01-09-2007 06:49 AM

GM is truly headed in a GREAT direction! :thumbsup:

First, my favorite, the new Camaro. :bow:

Then the new Malibu, the CTS, and lets not forget the new Silverado. :clap:

Moosen75 01-10-2007 12:31 AM

so when does the new CTS-V show up? now thats gonna be a sweet ride.

Dave McFly 01-13-2007 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosen75 (Post 4564)
so when does the new CTS-V show up? now thats gonna be a sweet ride.

Imagine it with the Z06's 500+ hp LS7 :eyebulge: :drool:

*starts buying scratch off lottery tickets now :thumbup:*

Nelb4z00d 04-14-2016 10:31 PM

Has anyone put a cts engine in a camaro. The 3.6

FenwickHockey65 04-14-2016 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelb4z00d (Post 9033420)
Has anyone put a cts engine in a camaro. The 3.6

Yes. A big company called General Motors did. They do excellent work.

FenwickHockey65 04-14-2016 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 (Post 4520)
Attachment 521

Attachment 522

Attachment 523

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

2008 Cadillac CTS: Cadillac's most important launch of the decade

The new 2008 Cadillac CTS, launched at the 2007 Detroit auto show, will prove once and for all whether GM's luxury division can truly deliver on the promise of its radical "Art & Science" styling revolution and run wheel to wheel with the likes of Audi, BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes-Benz.

With its edgy panels, wedgy stance, and bold light graphics, the new CTS appears a straightforward design evolution of the current car. That's no bad thing: Although now in its final model year, the current CTS is selling better than ever.

Caddy engineers are making a lot of noise about the track time prototypes have logged around the demanding Nrburgring Nordschliefe, and tightly tailored wheel openings also give the new CTS a cooler, more muscular stance.

Base engine is the 3.6-liter "high feature" V-6, which boasts double overhead camshafts with variable valve timing. The big news under the hood, though, is a new 300-horsepower direct-injection version of the 3.6. A first for an American-built gasoline engine, it uses an ultra-high-pressure fuel system to pump finely atomized gas directly into the combustion chambers, like a diesel. Both engines will drive through a choice of six-speed transmissions, an Aisin manual and the new Hydra-Matic 6L50 auto originally introduced on the STS-v. A limited-slip differential is available for performance drivers and all-wheel drive will be available as an option.

Base wheels are 17-inch, seven spoke alloys, but 18-inch nine spoke units are also available and will be mandatory with the optional performance suspension package's larger high-performance brake calipers.

CTS variants, including a sport wagon and a stunning two-door coupe, are expected to make appearances as concept cars sometime in the next 12 months. And, of course, there's the much-scooped new CTS-v, which promises 500 to 600 horsepower of real American V-8 muscle under the hood.

If the second-generation versions of the STS, XLR, SRX, and DTS show the same step change improvement in design, engineering, and perceived quality as this second-generation CTS, Cadillac's place as America's only globally competitive luxury automobile is assured.

For more on the 2008 Cadillac CTS, pick up the March issue of Motor Trend or stay tuned for the complete report at MotorTrend.com soon.

Also...

How far we've come since 2007...

http://thenewswheel.com/wp-content/u...rt-760x464.jpg

http://uploads.haystak.com/seo/respo...or_picture.jpg

GrandAmGT 04-15-2016 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 9033453)

LOL! :sm0:

But seriously, I read an article on GM Authority about poor 3rd Gen CTS sales. It's a totally different vehicle than the 2nd gen, though the 2nd gen was a more popular car with peak sales of 55,000 in 2011. If I recall, the current generation only sold about 19,000 units last year.

DGthe3 04-15-2016 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandAmGT (Post 9033851)
LOL! :sm0:

But seriously, I read an article on GM Authority about poor 3rd Gen CTS sales. It's a totally different vehicle than the 2nd gen, though the 2nd gen was a more popular car with peak sales of 55,000 in 2011. If I recall, the current generation only sold about 19,000 units last year.

Part of that is because they used the 2nd gen CTS to straddle 2 segments, whereas now its split between the ATS & CTS. As they did that, they also jacked the price of the CTS up pretty substantially to more directly compete with the 5 series. I'm sure that GM knew ahead of time that doing those two things would reduce sales by a decent margin, so I don't think they're as disappointed as the sales drop might indicate.

I'm sure they'd love to be selling 30 or 40 thousand CTS's a year if they could. But given that the Cadillac brand has an average transaction price of around $55k right now (which I've heard is higher than BMW or Mercedes) they probably aren't that concerned.

Nelb4z00d 05-08-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 9033453)

Yea but 08 cts will not work in a 2010 Camaro.

FenwickHockey65 05-08-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelb4z00d (Post 9080368)

They both use the same engine. There are going to be differences in how they're installed and adapted for Sigma-II vs Zeta but it's the same engine.

DGthe3 05-08-2016 07:35 PM

Fen, I think he's asking about doing an engine swap to replace a dead engine in their Camaro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nelb4z00d (Post 9080368)

What makes you say that? Its the same engine, the rear drive variant of the LLT V6. I'd be shocked if the engines weren't interchangeable physically. It might take some finagling to get the electronics to co-operate (1's and 0's can be very picky sometimes). But that only means that its not simple to get a CTS engine to work in a Camaro -not that it won't work.