Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Here's what I want in a C7 (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280262)

Bolt-onC6 01-25-2013 07:01 PM

Here's what I want in a C7

Most likely what I want will not be in the offering, some for sure, but in any case here goes.

I want the base C7 automatic. Add any options that will create the lighest car, NPP exhaust and a 3.15 gear. I say the 3.15 as that is what my current 08 C6 has and should be in all automatic Corvettes. Radio and Onstar delete. When I'm in my Corvette I listen to the engine, not the radio. Only way to really enjoy a Corvette, IMO that is.

18" wheels all the way around. 18 x 10 in the back ready for drag radials. Don't want the heavy 19"/20" wheels/tires or heavy brakes for sure so the Z51 option is out. I'm a drag racer so the larger brakes and extra cooling is not necessary.

Doesn't hurt to dream!

2010SSRSM6 01-25-2013 09:30 PM

Stripped down to the bones like the original theory of the Z06. This is going to be the wife's car so it will be a Z51 3LT for us.

GaBoy25 01-25-2013 09:51 PM

Definitely. I will buy and drag. But not buy to drag. I want the amenities for this kind of dough. Otherwise id buy a copo camaro and be done with it :chevy:

*007 01-25-2013 10:04 PM

My preference is for a champagne cannister behind the passenger sear, built into the WALL MOUNTS. Security devices that go off if body temp change is detected within 8 feet or door knobs are touched and key fob is out of range.

ec1990 01-25-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *007 (Post 4741)
My preference is for a champagne cannister behind the passenger sear, built into the WALL MOUNTS. Security devices that go off if body temp change is detected within 8 feet or door knobs are touched and key fob is out of range.

Sounds like the heartbeat monitor Volvo puts in their cars.

Or get this

OctaneZ28 01-25-2013 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray2 (Post 4702)
Most likely what I want will not be in the offering, some for sure, but in any case here goes.

I want the base C7 automatic. Add any options that will create the lighest car, NPP exhaust and a 3.15 gear. I say the 3.15 as that is what my current 08 C6 has and should be in all automatic Corvettes. Radio and Onstar delete. When I'm in my Corvette I listen to the engine, not the radio. Only way to really enjoy a Corvette, IMO that is.

18" wheels all the way around. 18 x 10 in the back ready for drag radials. Don't want the heavy 19"/20" wheels/tires or heavy brakes for sure so the Z51 option is out. I'm a drag racer so the larger brakes and extra cooling is not necessary.

Doesn't hurt to dream!

I'm with you on some of the racer options! :)

My 08 C6 auto has 2.56 gears. Good for 31.5MPG on the highway. :D

The standard 18s/19 wheels will be desired, and maybe a 17 will fit easily on the rear of a C7 like it does on a C6. :)
And maybe the GTO spare tire for the front will still work too.
We shall see! :)

Bolt-onC6 01-26-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octane (Post 4759)
I'm with you on some of the racer options! :)

My 08 C6 auto has 2.56 gears. Good for 31.5MPG on the highway. :D

The standard 18s/19 wheels will be desired, and maybe a 17 will fit easily on the rear of a C7 like it does on a C6. :)
And maybe the GTO spare tire for the front will still work too.
We shall see! :)

The GTO wheel will clear the 12.8 brakes but don't know if the calibers are larger creating a problem. How about just a factory high speed tire in a 195 wide size with a 6" wide wheel as a mini skinny? I think the rear brakes are over 13"? standard so the 17" wheel may not clear. Wonder if the base brakes from a C6 are going to fit the C7.

I want to add one more thing: No warranty and the price reduced by $3-5K. I'm going to tune it so will void the warranty anyway.

I suppose a looser converter than factory would be a little too much to ask but why not. Something like a 3200 Yank stall would be perfect along with the 3.15 gear.

I get 28-29 mpg running a steady 70 mph with my 3.15 gear. With my 2.73 I got 30-31. I'll sacrifice 2 mpg for that gear.

JacobZ 01-30-2013 04:29 AM

That was an interesting post.I wanted a brand new vehicle and quickly when I realized mine was wrecked. Luckily, I came across a website that made it really easy on me. I did not have to wait for weeks to find out if I qualified for an excellent car loan rate. The site even helped me find a car dealership that was perfect. How often have you needed more info concerning a pre-owned or new car and turned to an online search.Read more here

sandy14006 01-30-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacobZ (Post 5737)
That was an interesting post.I wanted a brand new vehicle and quickly when I realized mine was wrecked. Luckily, I came across a website that made it really easy on me. I did not have to wait for weeks to find out if I qualified for an excellent car loan rate. The site even helped me find a car dealership that was perfect. How often have you needed more info concerning a pre-owned or new car and turned to an online search.Read more here

If I gotta get a loan .... I can't afford it :sorry:

FenwickHockey65 01-30-2013 09:25 AM

I smell spam.

GaBoy25 01-30-2013 09:33 AM

Yes k

sandy14006 01-30-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 5777)
I smell spam.

I thought so too ... I didn't want to be the one to pull the trigger :laser:
.... I am trying this year not to be so scarstic ....
I hate spam ... especially with green ham!!!:puke:

C6Z06dude 08-10-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolt-onC6 (Post 6230436)

Doesn't hurt to dream!

Very interesting observation. I thought that the 19".20" whell combo wheels would be as light as the 18".19" wheels but now I start to realize that perhaps it would add weight.

I do know that the wheel width is the same no mater what diameter wheel(18 to 19" or 19" to 20"). I wonder how the base model brakes actually stop. I am like you, I want this car more for straight line acceleration