Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Anyone else considering trading their ZL1? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336315)

Front Runner 01-08-2014 08:17 PM

Anyone else considering trading their ZL1?

It's really is an amazing car. It has an awesome ride, handles very well, shifting is very clean and precise, very comfortable seats, plenty of leg room, welcoming interior that's not overdone, and has just enough technology without going overboard. I'm enjoying the car even during the break-in period.

I've been reading some of the threads about owners considering trading their ZL1 for the new C7 Vette and I completely respect their decision to do so. Before my purchase, I looked at every performance car out that was priced up to 75K (including the C7 Z51 Stingray) and while I thought the new C7 Stingray was/is a great car, I can't fit in it.

To those that are looking for something else, I hope you find the vehicle that meets your desires. :thumb:

2012-1822 01-08-2014 08:23 PM

I cannot speak for the guys on here that have posted about trading.

But some of the ones I've met had a C5 Z06 and traded it somewhere along the way for a C6 Z06 and or a CTS-V and then a ZL1. Actually seriously more than one person has pretty much told me that. It seems that some of them are somewhat brand loyal to GM, but no necessarily Chevy or particularly the Camaro. So now there is something new and they want that.

You might guess these guys have money. Honestly, just about everyone I've met shared with me that they never pay off their cars or pay cash for them. They get a call from their favorite dealer being told there is X new car on the lot and they should come look at it. And either they'll need to trade and put another little bit of cash down, or trade with no cash, and their payment will be the same or their payment will go up or whatever. I think that particular practice is ridiculous.

But to directly answer your question. No, not trading. Hope I die owning this car.

Stephen12ZL1 01-08-2014 08:28 PM

not

BPG 01-08-2014 08:40 PM

Hasn't even come close to being considered...

Vette TPI 01-08-2014 09:13 PM

If it wasn't for guys like them trading it in for a new C7, I would'nt have a chance to get a deal on a Camaro ZL1 :smiling1:

Mikes12ZL1 01-08-2014 09:43 PM

No way !!!!

KaBoom1701 01-08-2014 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vette TPI (Post 7321535)
If it wasn't for guys like them trading it in for a new C7, I would'nt have a chance to get a deal on a Camaro ZL1 :smiling1:

Ya, what he said!

I need some of your traded ZL1 to trade up to! :) :thumb:

rzrbck_zl1 01-08-2014 10:06 PM

Bought mine new in September, 2012. No intention to sell, trade or otherwise get rid of my beauty.

ex-SS-ve 01-08-2014 10:34 PM

Could never see trading mine in or letting it go. Too many great memories and overall just enjoy having it. As much as i like vettes i prefer my camaros. I figure in a few more years ill add a exotic of some sort to the garage.

Todd in Vancouver 01-08-2014 10:37 PM

Still in the Honeymoon phase with my ZL but I can say that when I went at sat in a new Vette the biggest thing I noticed was the lack of room. I get the whole two seater thing but I felt really crammed in and while that's fine for a track day I'm not sure I could live with it in my DD. JMHO...

bumblebeecamaro 01-08-2014 10:38 PM

trading mine for a Vette wouldn't be a thought for me. the new C7s have been out now for a little while and they're already crawling around in several spots in my area. I have only seen one other ZL1 besides mine in my area since I bought it almost a year ago.

PWRHSEZL1 01-09-2014 12:24 AM

Mine will stay with me till the end!! Best car I have ever had!

SamHouseIII 01-09-2014 12:28 AM

I'm keeping mine. Even though the Z/28 my be badder on the track and limited in production, the ZL1 is faster and built for all around driving, drag strip and track.....can't do that with the Z/28. I think the ZL1 will be a more desirable car in years to come.

Hot Tamales 01-09-2014 03:51 AM

Keeping it. Besides, I'm too fat for a Corvette. :facepalm: