Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   GM bringing tricked-out trucks, utes, roadsters and more to SEMA show (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288)

KILLER74Z28 10-23-2006 03:27 PM

GM bringing tricked-out trucks, utes, roadsters and more to SEMA show

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 318
Chevy Silverado Dale Earnjardt Jr. concept

Attachment 319
Chevy Silverado Orange County Choppers Concept

Attachment 320
Chevy Silverado 427 Concept

GM bringing tricked-out trucks, utes, roadsters and more to SEMA show
The General is coming to this year's SEMA show lugging a great big grab bag of sheetmetal, with more than two dozen specialized vehicles from the automaker expected to be on hand.

October 23, 2006

Fans of Chevy trucks and SUVs especially will have plenty of eye candy to gawk at. On hand will be three Silverado concepts: an off-road concept designed in part by NASCAR driver Dale Earnhard Jr., a slammed Orange County Choppers edition and a high-performance concept powered by the Corvette Z06's LS7 V8 engine called the Silverado 427. There will also be US Ski Team and Major League Baseball edition vehicles on display. The rest of Chevy's SUV and truck presence is split between off-roaders and boulevard cruisers.

Not about to let Chevrolet have all the truck glory, GMC counters with three Sierra trucks: the Sierra NFL Crew Cab, Sierra Texas Extended Cab, and Sierra All-Terrain Crew Cab. The Yukon Denali XL 'Big Max' rounds out GMC's display.

Cadillac's athlete and rapper clientele will be treated to a DUB-edition Escalade EXT while their wives get to take a gander at an SRX Sport that has been made over by clothing designer Dana Buchman.

Finishing off the SUV display are the outdoor-minded Saturn Outlook Adventure, an E85 capable flex-fuel Hummer H3, and the H3 Open Top that features a canvas roof.

Buick's lone offering is a customized Lucerne sedan dubbed the CXX Luxury Liner.

GM is also devoting a big portion of its stand to showing off modded versions of its new roadsters. Saturn will display a Sky restyled by Gravana Speed Shop. Gravana is a domestic take on the Japanese tuner shop and sells many aftermarket components for GM cars.

Pontiac, hoping to building on the success of the Solstice in its debut year in the Sports Car Club of America, will display a race-prepped Solstice Club Sport Z0K. The Solstice won three SCCA National Championships this year in three different classes. Meanwhile, the Solstice GXP gets a make-over in the form of bigger wheels and redesigned fascias under the GXP-R badge.

From the old school department, a 1969 Camaro customized by baseball hall-of-famer Reggie Jackson will also be on hand, and in addition to the vehicles, GM will be showing off its catalog of aftermarket accessories.

Topping everything off will be the unveiling of a still top-secret performance car, the long-rumored Corvette Blue Devil, perhaps? Stay tuned to MotorTrend.com for all the latest developments from SEMA show, which runs from Oct. 31 to Nov. 3.

Moose 10-23-2006 04:59 PM

:drool: Those are some sweet vehicles!!! :thumbsup: If anyone is going to SEMA, they'd better take LOTS of pics.!!! ;)

TAG UR IT 10-24-2006 01:23 AM

I wish I could figure out a way into that one. Those will be some sweet looking vehicles. Someone here was going to go and they better get pix.:D

$anani 10-24-2006 01:47 AM

i will be going to the sema show and trust me i got a whole gig i need to use it on. im going to need some help posting the pictures. i have never posted pictures like the one that tag did.

KILLER74Z28 10-31-2006 06:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 337

Attachment 338

TAG UR IT 10-31-2006 11:26 PM

:drool:

LowRider 11-01-2006 10:43 AM

That is niceeeeeeeeeeee. I like them especially the LowRider.

boxmonkeyracing 11-01-2006 12:53 PM

I was lookin for a truck to buy. . .lol. that's one nice truck.

KILLER74Z28 11-02-2006 02:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 350

Attachment 351

boxmonkeyracing 11-02-2006 06:04 PM

love that truck 2.

KILLER74Z28 11-03-2006 02:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Attachment 352

Attachment 353

Attachment 354

TAG UR IT 11-04-2006 03:00 AM

Ouch. That's a tough lookin ride. I'd like to see it in person.

boxmonkeyracing 11-04-2006 07:46 PM

I'd like to own somethin like that. drive the women crazy along with owning my camaro. lol.

LowRider 11-06-2006 09:16 AM

Damn Killer i love the 1st one, I wish I was there.