Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   AWESOME!! (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=415)

alleykt123 12-16-2006 09:31 PM

AWESOME!!

I drove Angeles Crest Hwy today, as the twisties dictate…

First, awesome fog - really the first time I've had to use the fog lights…

Then a light rain - not bad…
no really, not bad enough to engage the T/C

Then…

above 5,000 feet

SNOW!!!

Yeah! I got to drive in some lite snow for the first time - totally fukkin' AWESOME!!

After the first fish-taily feelin', i was just SEGing it all the way!

Cool drive!!

Moose 12-16-2006 09:38 PM

:laugh: :thumbsup:

Take some pics. and post them next time!

Ed

Hyperknight 12-16-2006 10:48 PM

lol, sounds like you had a blast.

TAG UR IT 12-17-2006 12:18 AM

I wish we could get that opportunity down here. You MUST take that camera along w/ you next time! Ugh, that sounds like fun!

boxmonkeyracing 12-17-2006 08:29 AM

wish I could have been there. the tallest mountain I get on is 3k. and the chances of snow are low until about late january. oh well. maybe later this year.

DJGreggieP 01-09-2007 08:00 PM

Am I reading this correctly..? you guys actually want SNOW..!!?? that powdery white stuff is the reason why my Camaro is parked and being worked on. First, the cold cracked my fiberglass bumpers and it froze my wiring and electrical... and the salt and sand they put on the roads for ice has me doing bodywork to stop the tiny rust that has started... I guess thats what happens when you buy a car from a guy who drives it twice and parks it in a heated garage all the time.

LowRider 01-11-2007 11:13 AM

Hey I can't beileve you all actually want that stuff I causes Black ice if it gets too cold afterthe snow starts to melt and that is the stuff I wrecked in

OverAnxious 01-11-2007 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LowRider (Post 4674)
Hey I can't beileve you all actually want that stuff I causes Black ice if it gets too cold afterthe snow starts to melt and that is the stuff I wrecked in

:iono: :drinking:

alleykt123 01-24-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OverAnxious (Post 4679)
:iono: :drinking:

I'm in Southern California and don't get to drive in snow very often, wait - never had before!! :laugh:

The black ice is something I'd rather not encounter. Last week I was driving home after a visit with my boyfriend in the San Fransisco area and was VERY nervous about going through the Grapevine at the Tejon Pass. It's a notorious area for accidents due to inclement weather, and we had record lows that week which destroyed many citrus crops. Fortunately, there were no road closures and I didn't do any slip 'n slides…

ChevyNut 01-24-2007 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 3860)
I wish we could get that opportunity down here. You MUST take that camera along w/ you next time! Ugh, that sounds like fun!

Ive got snow for ya this is a pic from my parents house in mead co about 30 mi north of denver. this snow fell the weekend/begining of the week before christmas and then again 5 times in the last 5 weeks and its supost to snow on saturday again ill never get to drive my camaro again. by the way the bottom of the mailbox is 4 ft. trust me you dont want snow sometimes oldman winter gets hammered and loses all control.

TAG UR IT 01-25-2007 12:35 AM

I miss the snow. We had two days of ice here in San Antonio last week and everything just about shut down. I was off the two days that we had the ice storm. It blew. I am not one who likes to be couped up indoors all day long and that was driving me nuts. Snow, on the other hand, is not as bad as guaranteed ice everywhere.