Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Coupe or Convertible Corvette Stingray for you? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312165)

cajuntyes 08-09-2013 09:20 PM

Coupe or Convertible Corvette Stingray for you?

Which is more sexy? I think a Night Race Blue vert, blue top, grey interior, silver torque rims is the sexiest combo. Well this week I think that ,it will change.:thumb:

Nate GM 08-10-2013 12:17 AM

I always prefer a coupe, especially with the C7 since you can just take the top off and pretty much turn it into a convertible anyway. I like my privacy and don't care about how verts look with the roof up but that's just me.

But if you like verts more then go for it. The C7 is a beautiful car no matter how you order it. :drool:

Hancock 08-10-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Wagner (Post 6881077)
I always prefer a coupe, especially with the C7 since you can just take the top off and pretty much turn it into a convertible anyway. I like my privacy and don't care about how verts look with the roof up but that's just me.

But if you like verts more then go for it. The C7 is a beautiful car no matter how you order it. :drool:

I agree, never been much of a fan how a soft top looks on nice cars. However, the C7 is absolutely the best looking convertible I've ever seen IMO. The fact that the design basically doesn't change, you get a glass window in the back, and you can operate it at 30MPH... that's a pretty sweet all around package. I would have been pretty torn, but 1) I'm impatient and 2) I am already stretching the budget (okay well number 2 should be number 1 but whatever). Either way, you are going to have a great looking car that will be the envy of just about everyone.

SQUALO 08-10-2013 05:50 AM

First off, to each their own, but since you're asking.

My preference has always been a coupe, on a vette, since it comes with a removeable targa roof, and you get the best of both worlds.
I always find that convertables are too high maintence, keeping the material in good condition, the mechanical aspect if it breaks, and depending where you live, how often do actually get to drive with the top down, etc.

Whatever you choose, enjoy the ride. :thumb:

SilverRay 08-10-2013 06:40 AM

And you lose the rear air vents, must get in the way of the top when it's down

SpinDrifter 08-10-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Wagner (Post 6881077)

I agree with everything Nate said. :thumbsup:

sotirisf 08-10-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverRay (Post 6881476)
And you lose the rear air vents, must get in the way of the top when it's down

I dont think thats true.
I think you have the rear vents on the convertible as well.
pretty sure I saw a pic of that- but if you can prove me wrong I wont deny it.

SilverRay 08-10-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sotirisf (Post 6882828)
I dont think thats true.

Sorry I meant the vent on top of the rear quarter panels, I think that section moves to stow the top

Overflow 08-10-2013 05:56 PM

Coupe. Convertibles aren't for me.

FenwickHockey65 08-10-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sotirisf (Post 6882828)
I dont think thats true.

The vents on a Z51 Convertible move underneath the car. Not enough room for the ductwork with the convertible mechanisms.

cajuntyes 08-10-2013 09:03 PM

Thanks for the response you all, the C7 is such a great looking car. They really did a wonderful update for the Vette. So coupe or convertible it ALL good.

1BlinkGone 08-16-2013 04:07 AM

Coupe, please.

TheCaptain 08-16-2013 11:50 AM

Topless please! :D (Convertible)

Rogan 08-20-2013 10:31 AM

For what the car can do - coupe. But I don't believe in the notion of taking the top of the coupe as being the same as a vert. I've had a few non-convertibles where you can remove the top and after taking them off it go old for two reasons. 1. Wind 2. All that work to remove and place in the truck to again get that wind.

Verts do not bring in no where the same amount of wind into the cabin like targa and ttops.