Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Has GM officially announced? Is this article just BS? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27)

JustinZS 05-31-2006 11:02 PM

Has GM officially announced? Is this article just BS?

What the :confused: :confused: It says the coupe will be out this year?!

http://forums.streetfire.net/attachm...tid=6708&stc=1

Hyperknight 06-01-2006 10:39 AM

Hmm. I doubt it's true. Is that a motortrend article?

MarkLS2 06-01-2006 11:00 AM

Yea what is the source? I hope GM is messing with us by telling us it will be out in 2 years, but then surprise us by getting it to us by next spring :) :)

Hyperknight 06-02-2006 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkLS2
Yea what is the source? I hope GM is messing with us by telling us it will be out in 2 years, but then surprise us by getting it to us by next spring :) :)

Wow if that were the case I'd sh** myself, lol.

MarkLS2 06-02-2006 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyperknight
Wow if that were the case I'd sh** myself, lol.

Yea so would I, but its just wishful thinking... but my mom always told me, if I wish hard enough it can come true :)

wakebord99 06-02-2006 06:35 PM

B.S

spun07SS 06-08-2006 12:09 PM

please please please be true!

Tran 06-08-2006 01:56 PM

That's gotta be a typo of some sort. :confused:

spun07SS 06-08-2006 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTran
That's gotta be a typo of some sort. :confused:

yea I think they meant 2008 not 2006

.........I personally am hoping for 2007 hence my screenname

Tran 06-08-2006 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spun07SS
yea I think they meant 2008 not 2006

.........I personally am hoping for 2007 hence my screenname

Still, I'm hoping that the part about the car getting approval is somehow true. Too bad all we've heard from GM recently is that the car has received further funding for development.

Hyperknight 06-09-2006 09:02 PM

I just got the issue with that article in it. I wonder how many people will send Motortrend letters for the next issue?

lq30 06-26-2006 01:14 PM

So no word from Motortrend at all if this was actually a typo? I can't see the bit about coupe coming out this year being true at all. Imagine that, the actual version comes out this year and then the concept car debuts in the Transformers movie next summer. :eek:

Moose 06-26-2006 02:01 PM

It's just my opinion, but I have a certain amount of skepticism whenever I read an article on the concept in any automotive magazine. ;)

To the best of my knowledge, the concept hasn't even been approved yet. So any talk of a 'vert being given the green light is just "fodder" to sell magazines.

I'm not saying magazines are bad, or that what they report is B.S., just take whatever you read as speculation, at this point.

For the time being, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and waiting to hear from GM that the concept is a "GO". :)

Bruno 06-26-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose
It's just my opinion, but I have a certain amount of skepticism whenever I read an article on the concept in any automotive magazine. ;)

To the best of my knowledge, the concept hasn't even been approved yet. So any talk of a 'vert being given the green light is just "fodder" to sell magazines.

I'm not saying magazines are bad, or that what they report is B.S., just take whatever you read as speculation, at this point.

For the time being, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and waiting to hear from GM that the concept is a "GO". :)

Exactly. Every magazine wants the "scoop" on a hot icon car like the Camaro. I wouldn't be surprised if they took too much liberty in reporting the convertible has been approved. All that GM has really said recently is that the Camaro development has gotten additional funding (I think).