Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Resonator delete (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=365877)

BurnSlowly 06-28-2014 02:33 AM

Resonator delete

Hello, I currently installed a CAI and MRT v2.
Thanks to Apex Motorsports!

Anyways, I was wondering if I should do a resonator delete?
The MRT and CAI combo sounds good but I want it a little bit louder.
Will the resonator delete make it more raspy?
Also will the crackle lessen? I don't want any of this.

And I don't think I'll put a magnaflow resonated x-pipe because it'll just lessen the volume and crackle.

Thank you!

LBreezie 06-28-2014 02:39 AM

The magnaflow resonated x will deepen the sound but will reduce sound. I would go resonator delete, replace stock H with resonated X, and of course you already have mrt v2s so you are set

dmginc 06-28-2014 04:18 AM

i have the resonated x-pipe with a muffler delete but kept stock resonators. not sure what removing them would do to the sound so im leaving them in place for now. i might have the shop that did my exhaust remove them but in a way that they could be put back if i hate what it does to the sound.

as of right now i really like the way my car sounds so scared to mess with it.

KILLA BEE 06-28-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmginc (Post 7778788)
i have the resonated x-pipe with a muffler delete but kept stock resonators. not sure what removing them would do to the sound so im leaving them in place for now. i might have the shop that did my exhaust remove them but in a way that they could be put back if i hate what it does to the sound.

as of right now i really like the way my car sounds so scared to mess with it.

MAN IM SORRY BUT CAN WE PLEASEEEEE NOT HAVE ANOTHER RESONATOR DELETE THREAD!!!!!!:word::dnftt:

snymat68 06-28-2014 01:08 PM

Here's my setup (how to's, pics, and videos of sound comparisons).

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360523
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302280

BurnSlowly 06-29-2014 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLA BEE (Post 7779374)
MAN IM SORRY BUT CAN WE PLEASEEEEE NOT HAVE ANOTHER RESONATOR DELETE THREAD!!!!!!:word::dnftt:

:stupid: Give an opinion then you can say not to have another resonator delete thread. If not, just find another thread to troll on.:thanks:

kingdave 06-29-2014 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLA BEE (Post 7779374)

yeah seriously man... how bout you distribute your .02 elsewhere before you rag on dudes. A res delete was one of the first things I did and it took tons of searching to figure out if it was what I wanted. Forgiveness...

BurnSlowly 06-29-2014 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snymat68 (Post 7779387)

That sounds good! I like your setup and thread. It is very informative.:thumb:

snymat68 06-29-2014 08:17 AM

Thanks!

KILLA BEE 06-29-2014 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingdave (Post 7780585)
yeah seriously man... how bout you distribute your .02 elsewhere before you rag on dudes. A res delete was one of the first things I did and it took tons of searching to figure out if it was what I wanted. Forgiveness...

To you and Mr. Burn slow I gave my .02 cents on the other 1000 threads on the same issue..trust me theres other people that feel like me two jus dont wanna say it.
So what u need to do is mind your own unless I say something to involving a thread you posted.:welcome:
King Dave. ....

13umble13ee 06-29-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBreezie (Post 7778758)
The magnaflow resonated x will deepen the sound but will reduce sound. I would go resonator delete, replace stock H with resonated X, and of course you already have mrt v2s so you are set

^this^for^the^love^of^great^sound^this^

BurnSlowly 06-30-2014 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLA BEE (Post 7781083)
To you and Mr. Burn slow I gave my .02 cents on the other 1000 threads on the same issue..trust me theres other people that feel like me two jus dont wanna say it.
So what u need to do is mind your own unless I say something to involving a thread you posted.:welcome:
King Dave. ....

Wait... So you gave your opinion on "thousands of threads" yet for mine you don't give an opinion or even answer the poll? I'm sorry, I don't think I have viewed those thousands of threads on your .02 cents. Please do me a favor and don't reply to this thread because you will have no comeback and you'll just start an argument.

P.S. I wouldn't have started this if you didn't have to type in all CAPS. Atleast learn how to properly state yourself instead of coming out like a badass, Mr. Killa B..

BurnSlowly 06-30-2014 12:37 AM

Thanks for the opinion guys. It helped me out!:headbang:

CamaroJoe96 07-02-2014 01:35 PM

I have a flowmaster American thunder axleback with solo high flow cats. Yesterday I deleted the resonators in the midpipes as well as the resonators on the solos. All I can say is that its LOUD. Every snap crackle and pop is heard and It's one step above being ricey. It's actually obnoxiously loud, but I'm an obnoxious person so I love it :)