Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   ALLOCATION ANNOUNCEMENT (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281106)

Falundir 04-30-2013 01:45 PM

Everyone at Boardwalk just moved up a spot, I cancelled my pre-order. I know myself and when the Z06 or ZR1 comes out I will want to get that one and will kick myself for getting the Stingray. So I'm going to sit and wait and enjoy my monster of a Camaro in the mean time~

Falundir 05-01-2013 01:51 AM

Tim drives a hard bargain ;). He offered a refund or to apply my deposit towards the first spot for a future Z06... couldn't resist~ Now for the very long wait.

C7 4 Me 05-02-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falundir (Post 6490779)
Tim drives a hard bargain ;). He offered a refund or to apply my deposit towards the first spot for a future Z06... couldn't resist~ Now for the very long wait.

Haha. Yeah FYI I'm hearing rumors about a ZR1 possibly in the first qtr of 2014. That sounds way too early for me, but your wait may not be THAT long. Haven't seen any rumors on the z06.

Falundir 05-03-2013 07:44 PM

That would be awesome either way.

Falundir 06-12-2013 02:51 PM

Just wanted to follow up on this.

I decided to drop off the reservation list entirely. I contacted Tim and it was the easiest refund I have ever received, fully refunded in 24 hours to my credit card. Definitely a straight shooter and lives up to his word =).

GunnyG 06-24-2013 10:05 PM

Please, any info on any SoCal (LA, OC, IE, SD) dealerships with allocations available!

Hancock 06-25-2013 07:45 AM

If anyone knows of a dealer ANYWHERE with initial allotment left, please share with those of us poor guys behind the power curve, thank you!

Already emailed boardwalk, but last update on here over a month ago had half of their allotment gone, so I assume that's filled up.

laborsmith 06-25-2013 08:30 AM

Have you tied Kerbeck's? I believe they started with over 500 allocations. Criswell and Stanford have both indicated having untaken allocations within the last couple weeks. And I am sure there are more as less than a dozen dealers dominate Corvette sales and allocation is directly related to past sales.

Laborsmith

Hancock 06-25-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laborsmith (Post 6712797)
Have you tied Kerbeck's? I believe they started with over 500 allocations. Criswell and Stanford have both indicated having untaken allocations within the last couple weeks. And I am sure there are more as less than a dozen dealers dominate Corvette sales and allocation is directly related to past sales.

Laborsmith

Thanks a lot. Is it true that any dealer will have the car sent anywhere? Also, what is museum delivery?

laborsmith 06-25-2013 09:07 AM

Courtesy delivery needs a cooperative dealer on the receiving end but is often done and some of the larger Corvette dealers likely have experience in many parts of the country. There is a negotiable charge, usually in the $300 range.

Museum Delivery is exactly what it says. After the vehicle is released from QC it is trucked across the way to the National Corvette Museum, where the staff complete the delivery preparations than put it on public display until the buyer takes delivery.

The destination fee charge applies in both cases; it is un-escapable and non-negotiable.

Laborsmith

Hancock 06-25-2013 09:25 AM

Thanks a lot. I hope they'll do it. I'm in such a disadvantaged situation. From Texas, stationed in Hawaii, currently forward deployed to Okinawa, Japan. Trying to do business without a phone on the other side of the world, potentially buying the Stingray from a dealer in Atlantic City (Kerbeck's), paying Texas tax, having the vehicle delivered to a dealer in a port city on the west coast. Then having it shipped to me when I get back to Hawaii. Nightmare. Thanks for your help.

illiceman 06-25-2013 12:18 PM

Try Les Pirtle at Elco Chev.in St.louis. (636) 227-5333

GunnyG 06-25-2013 03:23 PM

Talked to Kerbeck's. Might not be the way for me...may have gotten lucky and found a local dealer with an allocation. Waiting on email...:happyanim:

Hancock 06-27-2013 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illiceman (Post 6713665)
Try Les Pirtle at Elco Chev.in St.louis. (636) 227-5333

Thanks, but I placed my order at Kerbeck's at MSRP, very great experience with them!