Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Cadillac Releases Two Special Edition CTS Paint Options (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280398)

FenwickHockey65 02-15-2013 11:14 AM

Cadillac Releases Two Special Edition CTS Paint Options

Cadillac CTS Adds Colorful Limited Edition Models
Matte-finished Silver Frost coupe and performance-inspired Stealth Blue editions debut this year
February 15, 2013
General Motors

DETROIT – A pair of new performance-inspired, limited-edition models featuring custom paint will join the Cadillac CTS Coupe and V-Series product lines this year.

The Silver Frost Edition will be a special run of 100 CTS-V Coupes featuring a special low-gloss matte paint finish.

The Stealth Blue Edition is a vibrant new color in a more traditional metallic finish and will appear on the CTS Coupe and the high-performance CTS-V in Coupe, Sedan and Wagon body styles.

“Some color hues, such as blues, greys and reds easily identify with performance and velocity,” said Michelle Killen, lead creative designer for exterior paints. “Both Stealth Blue and Silver Frost are very expressive but still true to the luxury and exclusivity that a Cadillac represents, which were driving factors in the creation of the color.”

Silver Frost
The Silver Frost matte paint will be on collector-edition vehicles available through select Cadillac dealers across the country beginning in March.

In addition to the 6.2L supercharged V-8 engine delivering 556 horsepower and 551 lb-ft of torque, the Silver Frost CTS-V will offer optional features such as:

• Yellow or red Brembo brake calipers
  • High polished or satin graphite wheels
  • Suede-covered steering wheel and shift knob

The desired finish on the Silver Frost CTS-V coupe was achieved by applying a “30-gloss” clear coat to the paint, as opposed to the “80-gloss” found in standard paint finishes. The paint will still emit a low “sparkle” when certain lights reflect off it, but the finish will be distinctly “matte.”

The paint texture will also be noticeably different to the touch as the finish will be slightly less smooth. This is a desirable trait for fans of matte paint finishes. The paint is engineered to be as durable as normal paint but requires special attention for cleaning. The vehicle should be hand washed only.

“We’ve spent a significant amount of time developing these colors so that owners don’t have to deviate too much from their normal maintenance routines yet still have a distinct and dramatic finish to their performance vehicle,” Killen said.

Stealth Blue
The Stealth Blue will have a limited production run starting in March and will be available on the CTS coupe and all CTS-V models. CTS coupe, V coupe and sedan models will also offer an optional “Twilight Blue” leather interior package to go with the blue-grey exterior paint finish.

Stealth Blue CTS models can also be equipped with multiple performance-inspired details such as:

• Satin graphite wheels with silver calipers
  • Dark finish grille
  • Recaro performance seats

A full list of options and combinations will be available at Cadillac.com and customers will have the ability to order the Stealth Blue option through dealers.

OctaneZ28 02-15-2013 11:28 AM

Nice! I like them both a lot!
It's cool to see these color options on an already impressive car.

GM loaned me a manual-trans CTS-V to drive for a week back in 2011.
That was a fun week. :D

Camaro_Corvette 02-15-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Octane (Post 7595)
Nice! I like them both a lot!
It's cool to see these color options on an already impressive car.

GM loaned me a manual-trans CTS-V to drive for a week back in 2011.
That was a fun week. :D

Oh wtf! Must be nice:lol:

GaBoy25 02-15-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette (Post 7596)
Oh wtf! Must be nice:lol:

Yeah wth? They MIGHT have given me a cruze. Might.

Not digging the blue...cheapens the look to me. HOWEVER. I :wub: the silver. Absolutely fantastic!!!!!:rockon: