CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Convertable 2017 camaro? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510890)

BIGG_FRANCO 10-16-2017 09:23 PM

Convertable 2017 camaro?

Are they good to go anything wrong with them? Thinking about picking one up. Bad and good reviews about them would appreciate it greatly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GA Camaro 2SS 10-16-2017 09:52 PM

I'm loving mine. First convertible I have ever owned. It's great. No problems so far but cars are like appliances. Always good and bad ones. That's what Warranty is for. Mine has 2600 miles on it now and not a hiccup. I don't regret it a bit. But do know no Top no Track. As in it is harder to track a convertible. Not impossible but harder to get on the tracks. I don't plan on tracking much and bought it more for the open air rides with the wife. These new camaros are awesome. You can't go wrong on which ever type and package you get.

Weege 10-16-2017 10:35 PM

Love my '17 SS convertible. Looks like you're in AZ - great place for open air driving. Gen6 vert is very solid and with top down visibility is great. I wish I lived in a warmer climate so I could drive mine more often. I highly recommend going drop-top.

BIGG_FRANCO 10-16-2017 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weege (Post 9942171)
Love my '17 SS convertible. Looks like you're in AZ - great place for open air driving. Gen6 vert is very solid and with top down visibility is great. I wish I lived in a warmer climate so I could drive mine more often. I highly recommend going drop-top.

Yep and weather is getting cooler here so a drop top would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chazzz 10-16-2017 11:45 PM

I think with Gen6 GM finally got the convertible right. Mine has been trouble free with no problems or leaks and is very quiet. With the top up I wouldn't even know it was a vert! Also there is virtually no cowl shake in mine top up or down but remember there is a couple hundred pounds of added weight to help strengthen body integrity.

Sboston4 10-17-2017 12:46 AM

I've rented a 2016 and 2017 vert 3 times and I'm pretty sure that my next one will be one. I was very impressed with the operation (up/down) as well as how well it drives/sounds with top top on. It's a lot more fun down for sure.

My decision to go with a 2017 coupe was mostly driven by the fact that the car would be a daily driver and budget constraints.

I wish I had splurged for the vert, next one should be one.

Gunkk 10-17-2017 03:26 AM

My convertible tips:
1) buy a $3 lint roller.
2) spend the $20ish and a few hours putting a good fabric protectant on the top.
3) research here: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=301

eddie c 10-17-2017 07:14 AM

We have a 2017 Zl1 and love it. No issues

camaromike77 10-17-2017 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GA Camaro 2SS (Post 9942137)
I'm loving mine. First convertible I have ever owned. It's great. No problems so far but cars are like appliances. Always good and bad ones. That's what Warranty is for. Mine has 2600 miles on it now and not a hiccup. I don't regret it a bit. But do know no Top no Track. As in it is harder to track a convertible. Not impossible but harder to get on the tracks. I don't plan on tracking much and bought it more for the open air rides with the wife. These new camaros are awesome. You can't go wrong on which ever type and package you get.

Ditto here....... Almost as if I wrote this! :thumbup:

SSSHYBOY 10-17-2017 08:00 AM

If a 2016 counts, best car I've ever owned.

craigss50 10-17-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunkk (Post 9942260)
My convertible tips:
1) buy a $3 lint roller.
2) spend the $20ish and a few hours putting a good fabric protectant on the top.

I used a small roller and pan and it only took about 15 minutes. No need to protect the painted surfaces doing it this way. I used Aero 303 protectant kit. Less expensive than RagTop and mine has lasted over a year but is garaged.

I have had a few convertibles and the Gen 6 is the nicest. Fabric top is high quality and quiet and with the ventilated seats very comfortable in warm weather.

Need4Camaro 10-17-2017 08:11 AM

I don't mean to dampen the party or trash talk so don't get me wrong but I was wondering if anyone happened to know this.. Alot of the "cheaper" used 2SS's in my area are actually all convertables and none of them are hard tops and I was wondering if anyone might know why... By cheaper I mean like up to 10k miles and about $35 - $37k (which is about $15k off MSRP) ...anyone know why more of these are on the market than Hard Tops?

AmericanMike 10-17-2017 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunkk (Post 9942260)
My convertible tips:
1) buy a $3 lint roller.

+1 on this. This car is much more quiet than my previous verts I have owned. I also love the hard tonneau cover. Had a glitch with the trunk latch saying trunk was open so top wouldn't open but fixed under warranty.

Car is back in the hospital today to get the transmission shimmy issue fixed and had to flash the computer again to fix a window closing issue but not vert related.

Chutzpah 10-17-2017 09:35 AM

You'll love it with the top down! This is my first convertible, and it may just be me having these issues but here they are (plan on taking to dealer when it get's a bit cooler and not driving as much).

Passenger window clips top when opening.
Wind leakage between window and seal driver side / roof above 45 mph
Below 65f folding sections plastic mating surfaces rub and make noise
Creak noise coming from tonea with top up and taking sharp turns
Rubber friction type noise and vibration from retractible slide assembly when opening top (worse when warm).

Don't get me wrong, love the car. Just keep your eyes and ears open when you look at your potentially new ride.