Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Is it just me or... (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280573)

Jason@JacFab 03-02-2013 02:05 PM

Is it just me or...

1 Attachment(s)
Does this look like it was born to be there?

GM loves me.

:yo:

Falundir 03-02-2013 02:20 PM

I see what you did there.

FenwickHockey65 03-02-2013 02:24 PM

They already have a front plate bracket for the C7 and it's integrated fairly seamlessly.

gthal 03-02-2013 02:29 PM

I feel SOOOO badly for those of you that require front plates. I love living somewhere where front plates were properly banished many years ago!!

FenwickHockey65 03-02-2013 02:37 PM

We haven't had a front plate on the last two new cars we've bought and nothing's happened. Cops here just don't care unless they're really bored.

volsfan0911 03-02-2013 02:47 PM

I HATE front plates. Unfortunately, Howard County cops and the Maryland State Police are rather enthusiastic in writing tickets for no front plate :mad0260: Having lived in Virginia, NJ and now Maryland over the past 10 years, you think I'd be used to this by now.....

Jason@JacFab 03-02-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 (Post 6236642)
They already have a front plate bracket for the C7 and it's integrated fairly seamlessly.

Damn I just found the video... It's even bent too! #()@& :censored:

"It improves aerodynamics when it's on" :faint:

Well, what can I say... GM loves me :yo:

Dude says it's sill "cooling capable" for street driving, but you have to remove it for the track... If I could make one, it may still "improve aerodynamics" but it wouldn't block the entire center of the grill to block airflow to the radiator... Maybe I still rock because mine can stay on at the track?

I agree, it does suck for people that have to run front plates, and I definitely envy people that don't have to run a front plate... Definitely interesting that they finally made of a front plate mount worth a damn.

They mention that it's an optional piece... Wonder how much that will cost because it says Corvette on it :P

WesC5 03-03-2013 01:10 PM

Unfortunately, I now live in one of "those" states....(job transfer from Tampa!! ugh.....:faint:)

That state being the most politically corrupt and bankrupt state in the Union. Good 'ol Illinois... I was born here.....so I feel perfectly fine "flaming" this state.

Of course IL requires a front license plate....it's all about revenue. It's always about the $$$'s...... :sm4:

It sucks...but it won't deter me from getting my 2015 C7....

Scott@Bjorn3D 03-03-2013 04:40 PM

I just want one in my garage.

Stingray 03-03-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D (Post 6240631)
I just want one in my garage.

Like many of us here... we want one badly! :nod: :stingray: :nod:

volsfan0911 03-03-2013 05:17 PM

LMAO - I doubt anyone would let that prevent them from getting a C7. I'm sure many vendors will have the quick install plates ready soon after the actual production starts. There are some very slick motorized units if you want to retract the plate under the car for shows, racing, whatever. As long as it doesn't hurt ET or top speed before 1,320 feet are gone, it's fine with me :wink:

GeoC 08-02-2014 08:49 PM

In Texas we have front plates. However
most of my corvette buddies refuse to
mount a front plate. Myself included
my 2010 Grand Sport had none and
county, local and state police have
seen my car. Never stopped. My
2014 Laguna Blue Z51 will never have
a front plate. Hate the look with a front
plate.

Second Vette 08-03-2014 02:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes, it's just you... :nod:

Hulkamaniac 08-04-2014 11:10 AM

Jason... I would not worry about GM's front plate bracket.

Because in order to take it off for a car show you have to drill holes through your front plate or take the plate off in order to take the plate bracket off so you can have access to the screws holding the bracket on.

I drilled holes through my front plate, but with your bracket I'll be able to use my bra without covering my front plate up.

Expect a call soon with my order!

BTW, are you planning a cold air intake like you made for the Camaro?