Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Over The Hill Gang , Old Farts with Young Cars (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51820)

ragzl1 06-26-2018 07:23 AM

Jan — That looks like great fun !!! You timing was better than excellent, I would say.

geekdrummer 06-26-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68 Z/28 (Post 1164399)
:thumbsup: 57 here and I'm proud to be an old fart that is young at heart , was not trying to offend anyone but that's how I feel about myself and if you don't that is cool , just a place for more mature coversation is all this is meant to be , But I recomend PWA if you feel we are to old for you :sm0: :D

57 here and proud to be driving a Camaro! I have had so many young people want my car. How cool is that. Now to get a new exhaust and make this V6 louder. Hahaha

geekdrummer 06-26-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 10229718)
I beat a Vette! He barely passed me at the line but he red lighted so either way you look at it, I won. I had my best reaction time that run. I red lighted the next round though & was out but it was great fun. I was trying to learn to use my new inside the car GoPro mount. First time I forgot to turn it on, the second time & this one, I forgot to turn it off. Just too much to think about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85gV8zCUGyM&t=4s

That was awesome!!!! Congrats!!!

RubyCamaro 06-27-2018 01:13 PM

Thanks.

70rsz28 07-03-2018 02:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jan looks like you had a lot of fun...

Here is just one of the pictures taken at Camaro Superfest in Michigan this past weekend .Their theme was Hot Wheels to go with the weather .

SSBUSDRVR 07-03-2018 07:55 PM

Nice Jan! :clap2:
Happy and Safe Fourth to everyone on here. :plane:

70rsz28 07-12-2018 07:46 PM

Jan . Have a great time at Camarofest
This is the Toronto Indy race wknd ..have
been attending it since 1986

ragzl1 07-13-2018 07:24 AM

Richard - The Indy cars have become the best competitive car racing on pavement right now. Going for 32 years, you are a true supporter.

John

69supersport396 07-18-2018 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Gang! Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying summertime cruising!

After seeing some of Jan's Camarofest posts on Facebook, I remembered C5 and that I have not been on here in a long time. Months ago, I took a break from some social media. Although C5 is a great place to hang out, and most of the people are great, I decided to take a break.

Still have my Camaro and my Caprice. Since it is so blazingly hot here, shows and cruises are not as frequent. Plus there is the possibility of monsoon season storms making a mess of things every evening.

However, I did sell my 2003 Dakota. It had 90K+ miles and the paint/clear was failing. My wife can no longer drive a stick, and my son cannot grasp how to drive one. Mechanically it was great, but not so much cosmetically. Plus it was not getting used much.

About the same time, my son blew up another Cavalier, so this time, we told him to spend some money and NOT buy a high mileage hoopty. We found him a very low mileage 2008 HHR LS. After much arm twisting, he finally opened his wallet and bought it. There was a bit of embarrassment with his mini-melt down in front of the seller. But he now has a reliable car that has not become another "hobby car" fixer upper for me.

In fact, I liked his HHR so much, I replaced the Dakota with a 2011 HHR LT. Not as low mileage as his, but it has been very well maintained. It looks better, has less mileage, and cost less than the selling price of my Dakota. My wife can drive it and loves it too. Some aftermarket wheels and tires are on the way for it.

My son's is silver, mine is dark silver. I'm sure people get a kick out of two HHR's in our driveway.

We recently drove the 2011 over 3600 miles from AZ to Tunnel Hill, GA and back for a family reunion. Gotta say, the trip there and back was more fun than the reunion (for the most part). I discovered Don Julio Reposado is WONDERFUL stuff!

Still work at the same place, going through yet another change / transition and becoming another company. I have grown used to and expect change at any time now. Amazing to see younger co-workers resist it, criticize it, and generally make work miserable. And I was told old people are resistant to change. :der:

Otherwise, I am the same boring person that likes to shoot pictures of crap and post them online. Might be boring to others, but I kinda like it.

Anyway, I am alive and well (except for a broken heal bone) and kicking. I promise to check in from time to time now. :biggrin:

70rsz28 07-18-2018 01:57 PM

Glad to hear everything is well Rick , still doing Barrett Jackson auctions ?

RubyCamaro 07-18-2018 05:49 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Good to see ya back here Rick. Another Camaro Fest is in the books. I slowed down a bit this year & did not try to run all 3 events. I ran the NCM track & drag raced in V6 Modified & Bracket classes but did not do Camarocross this year. It is just too hard & it was way too hot to push myself that hard. I got through a couple rounds in Bracket & won 2nd place (again, 3rd time) in V6 class. I ran off the tack on the Deception curve at NCM but managed to get it back on track pretty quick & without damage to the car or track. Most everyone loses it on that curve at some point while learning.

Not sure how much racing I am going to be doing going forward. The heat is just so brutal at most events & at the Fest if you do drag racing, you can't do much else, having to stay by speakers listening for your class(es) to be called. You miss out on much of the socializing, vendors, watching other racing, etc. And of course I am not getting any younger. We shall see. Here are a few pics.

Trickskier 07-19-2018 05:33 AM

Good to hear from you Rick. Sorry to hear about your broken heal bone. That had to be painful!

BLU DUCE 07-19-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trickskier (Post 10254972)
Good to hear from you Rick. Sorry to hear about your broken heal bone. That had to be painful!

Holy crap they all came out of the wood work.:thumbsup:

69supersport396 07-19-2018 11:02 AM

Thanks everyone! Missed coming here.

Congrats Jan. I know I keep saying I'll go to one of these fests, but life gets in the way. And this year, it was the family reunion in Georgia. My wife's dad turned 80 and the family wanted to celebrate. In the past, these reunions have not always ended well, which is why we decided to drive this time. If the reunion derailed, all we had to do was pack up our stuff and leave. Claire expected the worst, but both of us were pleasantly surprised how well it went this time (for the most part ;) )

Pushing it, I can drive from AZ to OKC, but that is about my limit. We definitely were pushing driving limits on this trip.

BLU DUCE 07-19-2018 11:21 AM

Syracuse Nationals this week. The largest in the North East. They started rolling in Tuesday and are expecting around 9,000 cars.

RubyCamaro 07-19-2018 01:44 PM

Wow! That is a lot of cars. Have not heard the final count yet from the Fest.

69supersport396 07-20-2018 07:14 PM

Yes, I am still driving at Barrett Jackson. Tons of fun!

Have a great weekend everyone. Might be too hot here for cruising.

69supersport396 07-23-2018 11:15 AM

Going to be a hot week here in the valley. 113* today, tomorrow is forecasted to reach 116*.

Trickskier 07-23-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 10259430)
Going to be a hot week here in the valley. 113* today, tomorrow is forecasted to reach 116*.

Now that's HOT!!! Be careful in the heat!

69supersport396 07-24-2018 06:04 PM

So far it is 115* today. Supposed to go up to 117 today.

I totaled TEN Lexus RX's today. Those are the mid-priced Lexus SUV's. Brand new vehicles that were partially submerged in a flood. Such a shame.

RubyCamaro 07-24-2018 07:43 PM

Not fun. I can't handle the heat here. Be careful!

69supersport396 07-25-2018 01:31 PM

In the evening, our house blocks the sun and shades the entire back yard. I'll jump in the pool then. Pool water is about 88 - 91 degrees, so it is actually comfortable.

Trickskier 07-27-2018 05:54 AM

Happy Friday Everyone!!! :wave:

69supersport396 07-27-2018 01:01 PM

Have a great weekend everyone!

I actually may go to a hot car cruise. :der:

RubyCamaro 07-27-2018 09:36 PM

Happy Weekend. We are going to a pool party with some friends. Supposed to be a very nice day weather wise.

I have been busy getting bids on getting the interior of our house renovated plus a few other projects. I dread the process but it needs to get done & then we can relax through our retirement years.

SSE 4 2SS 07-28-2018 03:42 PM

Hi All,

I haven't spent much if any time on Camaro5 in the last ten months.... and I haven't been on this page in about 7 or 8 years and would like to step back in if possible....

I spend many days at home with just the two dogs (English Mastiff puppies). This is primarily due to my health issues, and it's related to my job when I'm working....

I work offshore so often I'm gone for a month or more at a time.... I'm doing the same work as I did when I spent time here last in that I'm still subsea engineering, but I'm now a Senior Surveyor of other subsea engineers. I watch their work and write reports for distribution to personnel the world over...

My reports are substantially better written than are my posts. I'm relearning to type as I regain the use of my left hand.

So, if you folks will have me (one of them) I'ld love to stop in and chew the fat periodically....

Robert

BLU DUCE 07-28-2018 09:09 PM

Spike III Build 2011 IBM 1SS/RS [COTW 6/25/12]

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 10265046)
Hi All,

I haven't spent much if any time on Camaro5 in the last ten months.... and I haven't been on this page in about 7 or 8 years and would like to step back in if possible....

I spend many days at home with just the two dogs (English Mastiff puppies). This is primarily due to my health issues, and it's related to my job when I'm working....

I work offshore so often I'm gone for a month or more at a time.... I'm doing the same work as I did when I spent time here last in that I'm still subsea engineering, but I'm now a Senior Surveyor of other subsea engineers. I watch their work and write reports for distribution to personnel the world over...

My reports are substantially better written than are my posts. I'm relearning to type as I regain the use of my left hand.

So, if you folks will have me (one of them) I'ld love to stop in and chew the fat periodically....

Robert

Jump back in here any time you get the urge. Your always welcome to chat.:thumb:

kburlar 07-28-2018 09:15 PM

Hi Robert. I have read your entire Brandi build thread. I would be honored to read your posts as I have learned an incredible amount from you. And BTW, I am not an old fart as I am only 52 years old. Here's to your good health.

RubyCamaro 07-29-2018 10:21 PM

Hi Robert. Welcome back. (how many of you just sang that in your head?)

SSE 4 2SS 07-30-2018 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike III (Post 10265290)
Jump back in here any time you get the urge. Your always welcome to chat.:thumb:

Thank You... I appreciate the welcome...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kburlar (Post 10265300)
Hi Robert. I have read your entire Brandi build thread. I would be honored to read your posts as I have learned an incredible amount from you. And BTW, I am not an old fart as I am only 52 years old. Here's to your good health.

If you read he entire thread, then you must have been very very bored and needed sleep inducing material.... I go back and randomly read pages and still laugh, cry and smile at the thoughts and comments in there..... Such great people added to it, and I'll forever cherish them....

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 10266093)
Hi Robert. Welcome back. (how many of you just sang that in your head?)

I guess most of us in here are of an age to remember the reference, and yes I do every time I see that phrasing....

69supersport396 07-31-2018 08:25 PM

Hi Robert.

Did end up going to a Cars and Coffee cruise. They are changing the name to Caffeine and Chrome. Took 12 photos with my cell phone.

We had a HELL of a monsoon storm blow through here last night. My rain gauge registered 1 1/2" of rain, but we also had 60 MPH winds blow through here. Quite a few trees were blown over. Except for some yard furniture blown around, we were unscathed.

SSE 4 2SS 08-01-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 10268357)
Hi Robert.

Did end up going to a Cars and Coffee cruise. They are changing the name to Caffeine and Chrome. Took 12 photos with my cell phone.

We had a HELL of a monsoon storm blow through here last night. My rain gauge registered 1 1/2" of rain, but we also had 60 MPH winds blow through here. Quite a few trees were blown over. Except for some yard furniture blown around, we were unscathed.

Send the rain my way.... We had a day of cloud cover and mildly cooler temps, 98 instead of 108, but no rain.... I think the local scorpions are looking for water around here....

69supersport396 08-01-2018 07:24 PM

lol, we need rain too. :)

SSE 4 2SS 08-01-2018 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 10269371)
lol, we need rain too. :)

Always.. though if you get too much rain it wouldn’t be desert anymore would it.. my brother has a cactus patch in Tombstone... I’m not sure it’s has ever rained there... in forever...

69supersport396 08-06-2018 01:54 PM

Last week, two monsoon storms blew through here. Lots of wind damage and trees down around the valley, but no damage here. Between the two storms, we received 3" of rain.

Went to an awesome car show up in Prescott, AZ on Saturday. The show was great, but it was hot up there too. Photos in the below link.

https://onewaystreet.smugmug.com/Car...r-Show-842018/

Trickskier 08-07-2018 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 10274071)
Last week, two monsoon storms blew through here. Lots of wind damage and trees down around the valley, but no damage here. Between the two storms, we received 3" of rain.

Went to an awesome car show up in Prescott, AZ on Saturday. The show was great, but it was hot up there too. Photos in the below link.

Great pics Rick - Some really nice cars!

69supersport396 08-07-2018 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trickskier (Post 10274742)
Great pics Rick - Some really nice cars!

Thanks!

Show cars were limited to 1993 and older. Many of the local dealerships had new vehicles on display. Not sure what the Ford dealer was thinking, but their display was terrible.

ragzl1 08-08-2018 12:04 PM

Rick - Lot of neat stuff at that show. Wheelstander has to be the most unique.

SSE 4 2SS 08-08-2018 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 10274071)

Bro, the (GMC) with what almost looks like a Johnnie popper on back..... but the flywheels look to be wood, so I don't think it is...

I could easily be happy with the old Grey Hound bus....

69supersport396 08-09-2018 12:41 PM

Lots of interesting stuff up there in Prescott! A buddy is working on visiting a "holy grail" type car that is up there. Of course it is not for sale, but would take deep pockets to buy. If he gets permission to publicize it, I will too.