Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Over The Hill Gang , Old Farts with Young Cars (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51820)

BLU DUCE 04-03-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaucom21 (Post 8337401)
Totally teck savvy lame. No cell phone, no IPod, or IPad, no Bluetooth. Hundreds of music CDs but apparently CDs now old school. I give up!

Realized I am a dinosaur this week. I have a life and I will survive. Do not walk around with an appliance stuck to my hand, I actually view my surroundings with my own older eyes and I do not view the world around me seeing the world through a small hand device.

Still too much dirty white stuff on the streets. I want my 1966 yellow Bird.

Upside, counting down I only have three more classes until end of semester.

I like my cd players n my vehicles. I'm happy with the speaker sound. And just my opinion but I have a right too it. Cellphones are the worst invention ever. It just brought out the I done give a $hit about other people or how their bothering anyone.

Normagene 04-03-2015 02:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by skipinminn (Post 8328409)
NOPE I WANT A CD PLAYER BACK IN MY CAR. :(

Best of the Best: Quadrophonic 8Track Player! Now those were the days......

Attachment 705881

Attachment 705882

RubyCamaro 04-03-2015 10:28 PM

Bust day. Just finished my notes. Tomorrow the club heads to the local Drive-in to see Furious 7. Have a good weekend crew!

dianeokie 04-03-2015 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipinminn (Post 8337689)
WOW I ACTUALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET TUNE'S on a FLASH DRIVE :) ONE FOR THIS OLD FART :)~ Only took me a week.

SHIT only two worked of the 26 I put on the Drive :( I give up going to look at after market CD players :)

I have a lot of music loaded on my computer. Tell me what you want and I'll try to load some for you. Least I can do.:cool:

skipinminn 04-03-2015 11:30 PM

:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeokie (Post 8339281)
I have a lot of music loaded on my computer. Tell me what you want and I'll try to load some for you. Least I can do.:cool:

70's 80's 90's todays hits what you'd hear on todays radio :) just not country or heavy metal :) AND I thank you :)

RubyCamaro 04-04-2015 08:40 AM

Good morning crew. It is COLD again here. I am not sure about tonight's Drive-in outing. The heavy rain from yesterday may have left the drive-in's lot puddley and there is a frost warning for tonight so it will get quite cold. It sure felt good to sleep in. My exercise classes are making me need more sleep. Have a great Saturday crew!

69supersport396 04-04-2015 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Glad your classes are benefiting you Jan.

Wonder if these Flat Stoppers will help keep the Pirellis from flat-spotting.

RubyCamaro 04-04-2015 02:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Oh, definitely let us know about those. I been thinking about getting some of those too!

I got a special delivery yesterday:

70rsz28 04-04-2015 02:43 PM

Rick have you noticed your tires flat spotting prior ? mine unfortunately sit for 6 mths . I have another month to go before the cars are out . Jan I see your getting ready for the fest with your delivery lol . Happy Easter folks . Richard

BLU DUCE 04-04-2015 03:00 PM

Got 2 Camaros sitting on cold concrete 6 months every year. And it is dam cold here in Central N. Y. Put extra air in them for the winter & have no problems with flat spots ever.

BLU DUCE 04-04-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 8340187)
Oh, definitely let us know about those. I been thinking about getting some of those too!

How much are you going to lower it Jan? Your really going to like the stance of it & probably the ride to.

RubyCamaro 04-04-2015 03:48 PM

I think Chase said it would be about 1 1/2 in lower.

ragzl1 04-04-2015 03:59 PM

Rick -- The Goodyear Eagle F1's on the ZL1 will thump for a couple of miles. They even do it a little in the summer when it has sat for 3 to 4 weeks. I usually take it pretty easy until the oil temp has come up. 20 MPH for the first half mile and then 45 MPH for the next mile and a half. The air pressure will usually come up a pound and the thumping has stopped in that amount of time. Then it is go time.

John

BLU DUCE 04-04-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 8340306)
I think Chase said it would be about 1 1/2 in lower.

Thxs Jan I dropped mine 1" . Only because of the splitter 20" rims & run car on WGI Road Course. What size ties do you run.

dianeokie 04-04-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skipinminn (Post 8339326)
70's 80's 90's todays hits what you'd hear on todays radio :) just not country or heavy metal :) AND I thank you :)

Lol, I know you don't like country! No 60s?

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike III (Post 8340709)
Thxs Jan I dropped mine 1" . Only because of the splitter 20" rims & run car on WGI Road Course. What size ties do you run.

Mine is dropped 1 1/4" with Pedders

skipinminn 04-04-2015 10:38 PM

^5

Quote:

Originally Posted by dianeokie (Post 8340928)
Lol, I know you don't like country! No 60s?

Mine is dropped 1 1/4" with Pedders

60"s is nice :) I graduated in 65" well should have LOL:bow::bow:

RubyCamaro 04-04-2015 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike III (Post 8340709)

They are 20 in wheels I think.

A few prayers, positive thoughts, good vibes, whatever you got, for my son. He is in a military hospital in Texas tonight with abdominal pain & bleeding from his nose & rectum. Not sounding like a good thing. :frown:

69supersport396 04-05-2015 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 8340187)

Nice delivery!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 70rsz28 (Post 8340199)
Rick have you noticed your tires flat spotting prior ? mine unfortunately sit for 6 mths . I have another month to go before the cars are out . Jan I see your getting ready for the fest with your delivery lol . Happy Easter folks . Richard

The longest my Camaro has sat is 6 weeks. I remember back in my selling tires days that Pirellis were the worst as far as flat spotting! After about 5 miles they are fine, but sometimes the first 4 miles are pretty rough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike III (Post 8340227)
Got 2 Camaros sitting on cold concrete 6 months every year. And it is dam cold here in Central N. Y. Put extra air in them for the winter & have no problems with flat spots ever.

If I stored it longer, I would consider doing that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragzl1 (Post 8340327)
Rick -- The Goodyear Eagle F1's on the ZL1 will thump for a couple of miles. They even do it a little in the summer when it has sat for 3 to 4 weeks. I usually take it pretty easy until the oil temp has come up. 20 MPH for the first half mile and then 45 MPH for the next mile and a half. The air pressure will usually come up a pound and the thumping has stopped in that amount of time. Then it is go time.

John

Yup, takes me about 5 miles or so until the tires smooth out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 8341082)
They are 20 in wheels I think.

A few prayers, positive thoughts, good vibes, whatever you got, for my son. He is in a military hospital in Texas tonight with abdominal pain & bleeding from his nose & rectum. Not sounding like a good thing. :frown:

Long distance "thoughts and vibes" being sent your way. Hope he recovers quickly Jan.

69supersport396 04-05-2015 12:19 AM

If y'all would like, check out my cruise pics.

http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/ubbt...015#Post608065

I think I've finally dialed this camera and new lens in!
http://onewaystreet.smugmug.com/Cars...5%20004-X2.jpg

BLU DUCE 04-05-2015 07:45 AM

I haven't learned to do multiple quotes yet. Your camera takes awesome pic Rick.

Country music is my favorite plus oldies rock. Skip.

Jan prayers will go out to you & your son 4 a quick recovery.

Can you old farts post a side pic of your cars dropped 1/1/4 in"

Happy Easter to all of you & have a great day with family members ad stay safe.

BLU DUCE 04-05-2015 07:49 AM

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attach...1&d=1398783846

Here is a side pic of mine dropped 1".

Normagene 04-05-2015 07:54 AM

Quote:

[COLOR=darkred]

Our prayers are with you all. Military has a lot of really great docs so he's in good hands.

zandron263 04-05-2015 08:37 AM

I am praying for your son to have a speedy recovery Jan. I hope everyone has a happy and safe Easter.

69supersport396 04-05-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spike III (Post 8341267)
I haven't learned to do multiple quotes yet. Your camera takes awesome pic Rick.

Thanks!

Do you see an icon to the right of the QUOTE icon. Click that on each post you would like to quote, then click the post reply icon.

Happy Easter Gang!

RubyCamaro 04-05-2015 09:05 AM

Quote:

Click on the " box beside the first posts you want to quote then the
quote box for the last one.

I'll do before & after pics when we get mine done. I think 1 1/4 in is what Chase said mine would drop not 1 1/2. It will be a little while before I get them installed due to some upcoming bills.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 8341278)
Our prayers are with you all. Military has a lot of really great docs so he's in good hands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zandron263 (Post 8341341)
I am praying for your son to have a speedy recovery Jan. I hope everyone has a happy and safe Easter.

Thanks everyone for the prayers, & positive thoughts/vibes.

Have a very happy Easter crew!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SPD9nfK0Fv...gs-575x382.jpg

ragzl1 04-05-2015 12:11 PM

Quote:

Jan -- Prayers to you and your son !!

John

skipinminn 04-05-2015 08:52 PM

PEACE be with YOU JAN. Prayers will be sent :)

69supersport396 04-05-2015 09:59 PM

Starting to see lots of signature pics of Camaro silhouettes like yours Skip.

dianeokie 04-06-2015 12:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

This is mine dropped 1 1/4".

Jan, so sorry to hear about your son. I know it's distressing to be so far away and not be able to know everything you want to.

Norm Peterson 04-06-2015 06:04 AM

Quote:

A few prayers, positive thoughts, good vibes, whatever you got, for my son. :frown:

By all means, Jan. Prayers and best wishes.

Norm

RubyCamaro 04-06-2015 06:38 AM

Good morning crew. Ryan (son) finally called last night & talked to us a long time. No real answers but possibly a bowel obstruction. They send him home with a variety of laxatives to see if it is just fecal matter that has compacted. He has to see a gastroenterologist for more tests & answers. This child has never had any digestive system issues (unlike my daughter who always did) so not sure what is up with all this. He was given a restricted to quarters order but due to lots of folks being gone for the holidays he is not sure they will let him stay in quarters as he is supposed to pull guard duty. He said he is not in as much pain but still bleeding & no BM. Hopefully this morning he will get some relief & that will be the worst past him.

There was not enough week in my weekend. But off to work I go anyway. HAGD crew & thanks for all the prayers & positive thoughts.

Normagene 04-06-2015 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 8335306)
Looks like we are getting a break from the 90's today. It will be breezy and partly cloudy.

My Mentally Challenged husband, I swear the older he gets the more retarded he acts. He thinks he's like 16 years old. This morning he was outside throwing Snowballs at the kids as they got on the school bus.

WHATS WRONG WITH HIM??? [emoji33]

RubyCamaro 04-06-2015 08:15 PM

Slow day at work then exercise class. Here I sit at 8:13 watching the basketball game coming on and already about to fall asleep. What's up with that? I am wiped out on exercise class nights now. No word from my son today. Hope he is okay. I guess my body is going to make be go to bed. Nighty night.

69supersport396 04-06-2015 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 8344291)
My Mentally Challenged husband, I swear the older he gets the more retarded he acts. He thinks he's like 16 years old. This morning he was outside throwing Snowballs at the kids as they got on the school bus.

WHATS WRONG WITH HIM??? [emoji33]

Actually, nothing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyCamaro (Post 8344879)
Slow day at work then exercise class. Here I sit at 8:13 watching the basketball game coming on and already about to fall asleep. What's up with that? I am wiped out on exercise class nights now. No word from my son today. Hope he is okay. I guess my body is going to make be go to bed. Nighty night.

Hips he is feeling better.

Claire and I are watching Fast and Loud and we see a red IROC Z in the background. We both realize we miss our '87 IROC Z.

RubyCamaro 04-07-2015 06:30 AM

Good morning crew. Another rainy day here. I'm still tired but must work. Getting back into shape is not fun. Eat, work, exercise, sleep, repeat. But I just got to drop this extra weight. Have a good day crew.

A few pics from this weekend's event here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=403092

Normagene 04-07-2015 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69supersport396 (Post 8345137)
Actually, nothing.

Hmm, can't say I agree. He's NOT 16, or in his 20s, 30s, or 40s. I said look in the mirror, you see that Old Fart look'n back at you - well......

Face it - you're an Old Geezer. But he won't listen, now he's working out like a Madman. Wants to get a nice Six Pack! I told him to go to the liquor store, end of story.

But Nooooooooo. He's lifting heavy weights, I must admit he does look pretty good for an old fart, and he better be careful cuz u don't heal well the older you get.

Well I guess Judge Judy said it best "There's No Fool Like an Old Fool". Thank god we live out in the sticks since he refuses to wear clothes half the time.

What's with these Old Farts and being Naked all the time???

BLU DUCE 04-07-2015 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 8345638)
Hmm, can't say I agree. He's NOT 16, or in his 20s, 30s, or 40s. I said look in the mirror, you see that Old Fart look'n back at you - well......

Face it - you're an Old Geezer. But he won't listen, now he's working out like a Madman. Wants to get a nice Six Pack! I told him to go to the liquor store, end of story.

But Nooooooooo. He's lifting heavy weights, I must admit he does look pretty good for an old fart, and he better be careful cuz u don't heal well the older you get.

Well I guess Judge Judy said it best "There's No Fool Like an Old Fool". Thank god we live out in the sticks since he refuses to wear clothes half the time.

For me I just like the freedom of being loose.:iono: :sm0:

RubyCamaro 04-07-2015 10:36 AM

LOL. You guys crack me up!

69supersport396 04-07-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normagene (Post 8345638)

If he feels good enough to act this way, and is able to, then let him. Maybe he is doing it for you. Better to be this way than the alternative. :)

http://files.shroomery.org/files/09-...d_Fart_350.jpg

Normagene 04-07-2015 11:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by spike III (Post 8345779)
For me I just like the freedom of being loose.:iono: :sm0:

Hahaha, I hear ya, but seriously, some folks shouldn't be naked in eyesight of others. Like the pics of folks u c at nudist camps, nobody wants to c those folks naked Ever.

He loves, for some crazy reason, showing off his x-Ray of his knee replacements. Everywhere we go, out to eat, shopping, visiting friends, doesn't matter where. He shows the hostess, the waitress, the people sitting at the table next to us, anyone close by.

He's CRAZY, plain and simple. Nobody wants to see all that stuff...... View at your own risk. [emoji33]

Attachment 706962