Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camaro Instrument Cluster (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=665)

Casull 02-14-2007 10:30 PM

Camaro Instrument Cluster

So without divulging too much information, I was talking to a friend of mine today and it seems as though the instrument cluster is moving along nicely and starting to take shape! :thumbsup:

I can't get into it too much, but by the sound of it, those of us that were not crazy about the concept's instrument cluster and gauges will be very satisfied! :w00t:

Good news indeed.:smoking: <--- added that one for effect!

NOODLESgoneWILD 02-15-2007 12:29 AM

Sounds great! keep us posted.

MaroMike 02-15-2007 05:33 AM

That's great Casull. All these tidbits of info are GREAT!! But I swear, the more we get, the more some of us are likely to just go :bonk:ers :D

:thanks: buddy!!!

Regards!!! Mike

Casull 02-15-2007 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaroMike (Post 7148)
That's great Casull. All these tidbits of info are GREAT!! But I swear, the more we get, the more some of us are likely to just go :bonk:ers :D

:thanks: buddy!!!

Regards!!! Mike

Tell me about it!

I should also note that he said the interior is ever evolving, so what he described today may or may not be the design tomorrow. But at least they are experimenting with different designs instead fo just plopping in the typical GM interior and calling it a day.

From what he described, they are really taking the extra step to make this car special. moreso that almost any other car he has seen go through concept-to-production. Sounds like they are really trying to get it right for us!

TAG UR IT 02-15-2007 09:54 AM

Tell'em I said to keep the damn seats the same! I love the look of that new two tone leather and the built in seat belt buckles. Piping also looks awesome in that leather. Love the leather dash and center console as well.

Casull 02-15-2007 10:24 AM

Oh yeah, he also said not to count on the seat belt buckles making production.... I was kind bummed about that. Although as someone said earlier, those buckles touching your skin in the hot summer wouldn't be fun.

MaroMike 02-15-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casull (Post 7159)
Oh yeah, he also said not to count on the seat belt buckles making production.... I was kind bummed about that. Although as someone said earlier, those buckles touching your skin in the hot summer wouldn't be fun.

I think we can live with that..........but tell 'em if they don't keep the instrument cluster down on the console........we'll shoot their porch light out once a year. :evil: :thumbsup:

ChevyNut 02-15-2007 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 7155)
Tell'em I said to keep the damn seats the same! I love the look of that new two tone leather and the built in seat belt buckles. Piping also looks awesome in that leather. Love the leather dash and center console as well.

Agreed I love the seats in the convertible hope they keep them the same. do you have any info on the metal accent piece that wraps around the cabin?

Casull 02-15-2007 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChevyNut (Post 7161)
Agreed I love the seats in the convertible hope they keep them the same. do you have any info on the metal accent piece that wraps around the cabin?

He didn't say anything about it, but then again I didn't ask about it specifically. I will have to look at some pictures to see exactly what you are talking about.....

ChevyNut 02-15-2007 11:27 AM

In the coupe it was an orange strip that went from each of the doors and across the entire car. And it was white in the convertible concept.

Casull 02-15-2007 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChevyNut (Post 7164)
In the coupe it was an orange strip that went from each of the doors and across the entire car. And it was white in the convertible concept.

Ahh, I was unaware it was metal. I will ask if he has any info on that the next time I talk to him.

IROC'em 02-19-2007 05:08 PM

Im hoping they keep stuffin billet in there, gives it a clean look.

Mr. Wyndham 02-19-2007 07:33 PM

If I remember correctly they said that the billet wouldn't be making it to production to due costs.

Aw well I guess

TAG UR IT 02-20-2007 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Casull (Post 7165)
Ahh, I was unaware it was metal. I will ask if he has any info on that the next time I talk to him.

Actually, it wasn't metal. It was translucent plastic (or some material similar to) and in the front center, was supposed to display time and other information through the orange piece. Don't think that's making it to production.