Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray vs... (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=179)
-   -   C7 Versus Camaro ZL1 or Z28? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292065)

04Ram2500Hemi 04-28-2013 11:52 AM

C7 Versus Camaro ZL1 or Z28?

So the Z28 and the ZL1 Camaro's are most likely going to be real close in price to the new C7, so my question is if you have the money for one of the three isn't the Stingray the obvious choice? At the time I had my Camaro, had the Corvette been the same price I would have had to had the Corvette. I'm not trying to start a car war, but I'm just curious why one would go Camaro over Corvette unless you had to have the rear seats?

laborsmith 04-28-2013 01:52 PM

Did you just answer your own question?

There is also that a Stingray equipped similar to a ZL1 could be several thousand more.

Laborsmith

2010SSRSM6 04-29-2013 08:46 AM

2LT w/Z51 and magnetic ride is close to the ZL1 in price, but not close in power. Two completely different cars, but should be close on a track.

I'm keeping my Camaro and trying hard to talk the wife into a Stingray. So far it isn't working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hognutz 04-29-2013 12:28 PM

my take on this is as always. need a back seat get the camaro. if you don't get the vette.

I would still have my C6 Z06 if I did not need a back seat now to hauls youngin's.

performance wise the stingray with the mag ride should best the ZL1 by a tick I would think but once you option it up it will be more money most likely. pulley and CAI and I can see a Zl1 dusting off a base c7.

you really need the 2lt car, Z51, mag ride car to have some kind of amenities comparison.

Stingray 05-01-2013 01:22 PM

Many debates, pluses/minuses, and subjective/objective opinions when you compare the two but like many have said it's really an apples to orange comparison and what you want or need at the end of the day...

The C7 is all-new so that's the huge advantage especially in technology; while the new Z/28 is merely a revamped formula applied on GM's Zeta platform along with a smorgasbord of best proven items specifically the LS7, CC brakes, etc. However the 5th gen Camaro chassis is aging hence the forthcoming 6th gen will render it as retired, while the C7 as I mentioned is entirely all-new.

Go Z/28 if you want that specific 'track car' purpose it's intended to be (plus its high collectability) but if you want the two same purpose in a C7 then wait out for the new Z06 and/or ZR1 (or whatever Zxx nomenclature GM uses).

Go ZL1 if you want an excellent overall package as a 4-seater.

Steve Dallas 05-03-2013 08:56 PM

I've been asking myself the same questions as I get closer to buying one. I love the Camaro, but I've always loved Corvettes as well. I've just never owned one.

The Stingray is amazing looking though, and I don't need the two back seats. I wanted the ZL1 because it had Magnetic Ride, however it's in the Stingray too, in a lighter package for about the same price. Though, I kind of want to see what other versions of the Stingray they will be putting out.

C6Z06dude 08-10-2013 11:46 PM

The Camaro is too bulky. The rear seats are tiny and they are not really suited for adults, obviously the Vette only has two seats so the Camaro still has that advantage but I rather buy a Pontiac G8 GXP if I need a roomier car with similar powertrain (same engine).

Today I was walking on the streets and I saw a Camaro parked next to the Porsche and I saw how tiny the porsche front end was compared to the Camaro . It made me think that the extra weight and bulk on the camaro is unnecessary

phillip123hastings 02-29-2016 06:42 PM

Here's something extra to the thread! :D

Drag and drag and drag Corvette Stingray vs Camaro ZL1 vs BMW M6 vs Jaguar F-Type R!

OldJedi 03-02-2016 04:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Buy both and then drive the the one you most feel like that day.