Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stingray Photos, Videos, Media (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Spied: First C7 Corvette Stingray with Racing Stripes! Possible Grand Sport Model? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280440)

Stingray 02-21-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C7_Z51 (Post 8567)
The right light is the turn signal, if you look at the photo from the front you can see the amber signal on.

^yup :nod:
pay attention :D ;)

KarFan 02-21-2013 08:07 PM

I think the reason for why the large amount of dirt is massed more to the center of the car and not the sides is probably to do with the diffuser channeling more air up from the bottom of the car at the sides rather than at the center above the exhaust and creating an area of low pressure aka dirt magnet.

DRTH VDR 02-21-2013 09:19 PM

Full CF look targa panel side to side.
CF look side mirrors
CF look rear spoiler.
Not sure if it's real CF laminate or the dipped trick.

Dirty butt end common to all cam back tails. My 1986 always showed up dirty before anywhere else on the body. My 2012 ZL1 does the same thing. I believe it's an aero thingey.

cajuntyes 02-21-2013 09:47 PM

I love this car more each day. The velocity yellow is awesome, not liking the black mirrors and rims, spoilers. The vents in black is cool, just not the rest. The stripes are done nice, but , not for me. Never cared for tranformer type color combos. That being said the Corvette and Camaro, have never looked better, go Chevy!! All you lucky owners, I envy ya'll.

cajuntyes 02-21-2013 09:49 PM

P.S. I would love those stripes on an all yellow C7, just to much going on with this particular car. Sorry to be nit picking,lol..

Nawambo 02-21-2013 09:58 PM

Badass, I like it.

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 02-21-2013 10:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 818

....Drop....Dead......
:faint:

Gorgeous!!!

:becky:

BSR-1 02-21-2013 11:24 PM

Both side rear quarters are "caulked in" and taped over or painted over. Must'a been a really bad fit.

Michael Rophone 02-22-2013 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hashimazzouz (Post 8498)
No way... don't think so... it never happened in a C6, why would it happen now.... think utility was just the snow

That's two exhaust components (Nitrogen & Carbon) reacting in the vortex with the wet snow/rain. Otherwise, you'd have that crud/road dirt all the way across the rear. Flared tips exacerbate that collection.

Bad@ssCamaro 02-22-2013 04:48 AM

I'm from the Northeast and I've NEVER seen a Corvette attempt to even drive in the snow in my neck of the woods, that's just sacrilegious :faint: The filth on the back of it should be worrisome if it's not resolved, especially if it blacks out the chmsl and/or taillights. Hopefully that gets resolved before production without affecting the design of the back end. I love it. :D

Bad@ssCamaro 02-22-2013 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreenMachine (Post 8587)
That's two exhaust components (Nitrogen & Carbon) reacting in the vortex with the wet snow/rain. Otherwise, you'd have that crud/road dirt all the way across the rear. Flared tips exacerbate that collection.

I would have to agree with you there. :thumb:

Stingray 02-22-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BSR-1 (Post 8584)
Both side rear quarters are "caulked in" and taped over or painted over. Must'a been a really bad fit.

Eagle eye cherry! :spy:

Yup, like a long roll of scotch tape afffixed over the gap on each side diagonally. Hmmm. :nerd:

AZCamaroFan 02-22-2013 09:05 AM

the stripe looks nice, but i wonder if it's really a Grand Sport protoype. If the Z51 is as good as it should be i wouldn't think a GS would come around for a while...or at all if they do a Z06.

427racing 02-22-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad@ss'vette (Post 8588)
I'm from the Northeast and I've NEVER seen a Corvette attempt to even drive in the snow in my neck of the woods, that's just sacrilegious :faint: The filth on the back of it should be worrisome if it's not resolved, especially if it blacks out the chmsl and/or taillights. Hopefully that gets resolved before production without affecting the design of the back end. I love it. :D

Guy south of Boston drove a 2008 Z06 all winter long a couple of years back. There was one heavy snow storm where I believe he got stuck!!
Use to see him all the time up in the Plymouth area.
Bob