CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231)
-   -   K&N Blackhawk vs. ROTOFAB (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464568)

ccable86 08-25-2016 12:26 PM

K&N Blackhawk vs. ROTOFAB

Does anybody know much about the K&N Blackhawk air filter? I was all but ready to pull the trigger on the new rotofab air filter until i saw RDP posted the K&N one. it claims 20+ hp gains but havent been able to find much other info on it.

Lord Dirt 08-25-2016 01:27 PM

Their website:
$363.99 USD
MSRP $660.00 44.9% Off

It looks pretty wimpy compared to others that are out. Wait for some real tests by others.

jimmypop13 08-25-2016 01:55 PM

I didn't even know that thing by k&n existed! I'd go with roto fab. The k&n looks like a cheap knock off by comparison. The k&n deletes the sound tube, at least it looks like it does, the metal k&n logo looks cheap & crooked(imho), and the filter looks very small compared to rotofab.

Lord Dirt 08-25-2016 02:05 PM

the K&N filter just hit the market

enzia35 08-25-2016 05:30 PM

Do it right the first time. Rotofab.

JDP Sales 08-25-2016 05:37 PM

I agree with the others. We can personally vouch for the gains the Roto-Fab adds so you know your getting what you paid for :thumbsup:. Let us know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Kayla L.

Hyper1SS 08-27-2016 05:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Go with the Roto-Fab intake. K&N looks thrown together with parts that don't fit together and could cause air leaks. If they already have it discounted that much that should say something for their cheaply made intake. I went with Roto-Fab with the sound tube delete through JDP Motorsports with super fast shipping. I am extremely happy with the look, quality and fitment!!

Roto-fab 1 08-28-2016 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper1SS (Post 9281601)
Go with the Roto-Fab intake. K&N looks thrown together with parts that don't fit together and could cause air leaks. If they already have it discounted that much that should say something for their cheaply made intake. I went with Roto-Fab with the sound tube delete through JDP Motorsports with super fast shipping. I am extremely happy with the look, quality and fitment!!

I've received a few questions about the in-cabin sound of the enhancer delete kit. Do you have any thoughts or opinions that I could relay to those who inquire?

Thanks,
Michael

Hyper1SS 08-29-2016 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 (Post 9282987)
I've received a few questions about the in-cabin sound of the enhancer delete kit. Do you have any thoughts or opinions that I could relay to those who inquire?

Thanks,
Michael

I tried doing a in cabin video but the GoPro did not pick up anything. Personally I think it toned it down quite a bit myself. I think it is a great option to have and offer us. I would say with headers and a better full system exhaust you would be able to tell a bigger difference with the sound tube delete. I got it not much for sound but to clean up the engine bay from that mess up front and more room for my catch can without that tube running all the way back to the firewall. Hope that helps

Roto-fab 1 08-29-2016 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyper1SS (Post 9283283)
I tried doing a in cabin video but the GoPro did not pick up anything. Personally I think it toned it down quite a bit myself. I think it is a great option to have and offer us. I would say with headers and a better full system exhaust you would be able to tell a bigger difference with the sound tube delete. I got it not much for sound but to clean up the engine bay from that mess up front and more room for my catch can without that tube running all the way back to the firewall. Hope that helps

Thank you for your thoughts on the delete system! I'm glad it's serving its purpose for you.

Michael

Hyper1SS 08-29-2016 07:32 PM

I put a Youtube video together to show you the sound tube delete kit option. This is my first video ever with the new GoPro we just got. I am for sure no professional and my videos are nothing like Mathew's AKA LethalHammer. But wanted to get this out there to show people interested in possibly going with the sound tube delete. Sorry about the sound and quality. Hope this helps and gives you a idea. Thanks

https://youtu.be/AZtqMs-EmlU

Roto-fab 1 09-06-2016 10:48 AM

For anyone concerned about the MAF changes when switching to our CAI,

A very knowledgeable forum member purchased our CAI and did extensive data logging over the weekend. He had this to say about the Roto-fab system:

"Quick update... I will post specifics later tonite.

So I would like to say great job to Rotofab. I am very impressed with not only the construction quality of their intake I am impressed at how accurate they kept the MAF output. The variation on AFR was sub 1% across the RPM band. This was data collected in MAF only mode in the ECM which really isolates the AFR from being influenced by other variables. I did 3rd gear runs (A8) from 1500 RPMs up to redline. The stock vs RF runs were within a couple hours of each other with minimal weather variation.

On the power front I was not on a dyno today but the one area that hints at a definite improvement is the MAP. I stays about 1 kPa higher across the RPM range over the stock intake. So as of right now I do expect to see a power increase of some level on the dyno."

Link to Tsloper's review thread here:http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=465449

Thanks everyone for your interest and support!
Michael

mikeyg36 09-06-2016 06:36 PM

K&N is absolute ****ing garbage

Roto-fab 1 09-07-2016 05:51 PM

I have not seen one installed on a 2016 Camaro, but I do know that the molded Roto-fab air box seals out engine heat more effectively than any CAI that I have seen available for this car.

Michael