Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Daughter moving out of my life. (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=460664)

PHXLT1 07-20-2016 11:00 PM

Daughter moving out of my life.

My daughter called me to tell me her husband was offered a manager job in Kentucky. From what it sounds like, they may be leaving soon. After talking to my daughter, she thinks it could be a fresh start for both of them and a chance to live a good life. I'm going to support them with what ever decision they make.

My daughter and I had a falling out some years ago and i was not part of her life for a few years. I made attempts to mend our relationship but i had to let her want it. Fast forward a couple years and i get a call out of the blue to get together and talk about. We were a family again and i couldn't of been happier.

Shes been my heart and soul since and we've been very close. We call each other all the time just to chat or ask/give advice. Of course ill miss her, as any parent would. I guess it bothers me more since i missed so much time with her and now that we are close, she'll be out of my life again. Regardless of what she does, she'll always have dad by her side.

hammdo 07-20-2016 11:05 PM

Life works that way. Gave you the opportunity to fix matters and you did. This way, it's not broken anymore. Some never get that chance and then things get left unsaid...

Best of luck...

-Don

Tenring 07-20-2016 11:11 PM

Sounds like you are very fortunate to now have a good relationship with her, just because there is distance between you should not change that. Might be a vacation to Kentucky in your future. :thumb:

ssrs2lt 07-21-2016 05:12 AM

Moving blows but life is always changing..just keep doing what you're doing..

hrpiii 07-21-2016 06:25 AM

Hopefully this means you get to "road trip" more often to see her. Nothing is more important than that family bond. Glad you two are close again and it continues, even when there is a little physical distance.

ClawSS 07-21-2016 08:45 AM

I like Ky. Been here all my life. May I ask where they are going and with whom he will be working?

Royal Tiger 07-21-2016 09:05 AM

I'd like to see Kentucky one day. I got close, making it to southern West Virginia.

My oldest daughter has always been closer to me then the younger one. Great that you got back together before the move. Embrace her decision and try and visit annually (or more) if you can. :)

Fred 6528 07-21-2016 10:00 AM

Time to learn how to face time

BMR Sales 07-21-2016 10:08 AM

"I guess it bothers me more since i missed so much time with her and now that we are close, she'll be out of my life again."

Hopefully that thought changes as you now have a Bond again. My son lives in Seattle & I'm here in Tampa - pretty good distance, but we talk at least once a week, we get to watch what each other is doing on Facebook & Instagram. I feel we are still very close even though I haven't seen him in close to 2 Years.

PHXLT1 07-21-2016 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClawSS (Post 9215440)
I like Ky. Been here all my life. May I ask where they are going and with whom he will be working?

The company is Sherwood Bedding in Walton Ky. I guess they will actually be living in Cincinnati ,Ohio. I guess they'll be living right on the border of KY in Ohio, if that make any sense.

FenwickHockey65 07-21-2016 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PHXLT1 (Post 9215777)
The company is Sherwood Bedding in Walton Ky. I guess they will actually be living in Cincinnati ,Ohio. I guess they'll be living right on the border of KY in Ohio, if that make any sense.

Cincinnati's not a bad place to raise a family. I grew up there.

ZED SLED 07-21-2016 01:42 PM

Quote:

Yep, just across the Ohio River. I grew up in WV about 3 hours from there. 2 of my kids now live in WV and a third outside Toledo, OH, so I know what you mean. I can drive it in about 9 hours from here and they can likewise. Sounds like you would have a bigger trip ahead of you. Peace and quiet is good sometimes but now I'm starting to miss out on grandkids stuff. All in all, it's a nice area to be from, lol.

BMR Sales 07-21-2016 02:39 PM

Quote:

A Nice area with lots of good companies located there. My BiL flies for DHL from there.

DFWZ28 07-22-2016 03:02 PM

I moved my baby to Houston 2 years ago....she was 24 and lived here in dfw all her life. she just got married, but both her and her hubby have a good head on their shoulders and doing very well. its a 3 or 4 hr drive to visit, but I don't care how long a drive it is, we see them at least once a month.

its great that she is in your life again......and that's what matters. good luck my friend and go visit her as much as you can.