Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   ALLOCATION ANNOUNCEMENT (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281106)

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 03-05-2013 09:17 AM

ALLOCATION ANNOUNCEMENT

We just got the message that the dealers will be notified March 18th regarding their initial allocation. This production guide number will carry through the first 6-9 months.

Let the fun begin!!!

ec1990 03-05-2013 09:41 AM

Awesome!

Stingray 03-05-2013 11:09 AM

:popcorn: :nod: :thumbsup:

ec1990 03-05-2013 11:54 AM

Is pricing usually announced around the same time as allocations? It seems if you can take orders they'd give a price as well?

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 03-05-2013 12:08 PM

The pricing usually comes after the initial orders
are processed.

Falundir 03-05-2013 01:16 PM

So those of us who are intending on placing an order asap will not know the price of our order until later?

DucMan 03-05-2013 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falundir (Post 6248541)
So those of us who are intending on placing an order asap will not know the price of our order until later?

Becky will be able to clarify, but I believe when she refers to 'orders' she is referring to dealer orders and not customer 'Make to Order'. I would guess that Chevy will fulfill the Dealer Orders first, orders that the dealer select options, colors etc.. for inventory purposes. Once these initial inventories are met customer specific orders will begin.

Falundir 03-05-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucMan (Post 6248643)
Becky will be able to clarify, but I believe when she refers to 'orders' she is referring to dealer orders and not customer 'Make to Order'. I would guess that Chevy will fulfill the Dealer Orders first, orders that the dealer select options, colors etc.. for inventory purposes. Once these initial inventories are met customer specific orders will begin.

I think we need dealer clarification. My understanding is everything is BTO and standard inventory drops would not be until next year.

DucMan 03-05-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falundir (Post 6248746)
I think we need dealer clarification. My understanding is everything is BTO and standard inventory drops would not be until next year.

If they were going to BTO, and begin production in three weeks they had better hurry up and get the pricing and order taking finalized.
GM has made it clear that they want dealers to have vehicles available for test drives, you can't do this with customer ordered cars.
Harlan Charles has said that customer orders would be accepted sometime in May.

Quoted from the BG Daily News.
The plant will be down for three weeks with about half of the employees coming in for training. All employees will return March 25.

“Slow builds will start then so that everybody learns their jobs,” Tatman said.

Stingray 03-05-2013 02:51 PM

I want to test drive even if I know already I will buy one for sure. I did that (test drives) when I bought my previous AMG, M3, etc... whose pricepoints were nth higher than a Corvette's. I hope my local dealers, in due time, will have ample test drive opportunities to serious capable/ready buyers.

Falundir 03-05-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucMan (Post 6248817)
If they were going to BTO, and begin production in three weeks they had better hurry up and get the pricing and order taking finalized.
GM has made it clear that they want dealers to have vehicles available for test drives, you can't do this with customer ordered cars.
Harlan Charles has said that customer orders would be accepted sometime in May.

Quoted from the BG Daily News.
The plant will be down for three weeks with about half of the employees coming in for training. All employees will return March 25.

“Slow builds will start then so that everybody learns their jobs,” Tatman said.

Good points about the timing. I never saw the statement that they wanted demo cars in the wild but that would be a nice plus. I'm a tall guy so fitment is always a concern with me and a car like this.

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 03-05-2013 03:19 PM

I haven't seen anything that suggested we have demo vehicles available - but it sure would be nice. As far as I know, the initial orders could be sold orders. There are always those that don't need to know the price of the vehicle and just want it - much like those that can find one available to buy and will pay ADM.

Every year when we begin the ordering process for the next model year, we never have pricing available. You order based on previous experience or in the case of a brand new car - a hope and a prayer that you ordered something someone will want to buy. This is probably one of the most difficult parts of my job, trying to determine what is the best configuration for ANY new vehicle that comes out. Will the customer want it fully loaded or something more conservative?? Once the pricing is announced you can tweek your orders to get to certain price points that make sense. It's a real challenge.

So just like Camaro's and most recently the ZL1, many were ordered by customers who didn't know what the final price was going to be. Corvette will probably be much the same.

Hope that helps.:love:

DucMan 03-05-2013 03:26 PM

I want to test drive the automatic just for grins. And who knows just might just like it.

Falundir 03-05-2013 03:32 PM

Thanks Becky, that was my impression so good to have some 'general' confirmation of this.