Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Joyriding...not in your own car (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10598)

Wm Holden 12-14-2008 02:53 PM

Joyriding...not in your own car

1. When did you take it?
2. How old were you?
3. Why did you take it?
4. What happened to you for doing so?
5. What kind of car was it?
6. Who's car was it?

I'll go first.

1. 1980- at night
2. 17 yrs old
3. to see a girl
4. parents sold it.
5. 66 ford van
6. Parents and mine ... but I was restricted from driving it
(step father had removed the rotor in the distributor to kill it as punishment..so i took the rotor out of his old ford tractor and headed out. Damn was he pissed!!! He almost punched a hole in the floor beside my head when he caught me!!):bow:

Wm Holden 12-17-2008 05:13 PM

no one else?

You guys must be Angels!

SS4EVER 12-17-2008 08:04 PM

Back in the day when my dad was in high school he had a friend who's father worked for Ford. Well they had found out that his dad had keys to a 68 Shelby GT350 and it was sitting in the back of a parking lot somewhere in Dearborn Mi. Well his friend stole the keys one night, they used wire cutters and had cut out a hole large enough to push the car through then they took it out for a joy ride all night put it back, and then his friend returned the keys...

Mr Twisty 12-17-2008 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wm Holden (Post 219394)
no one else?

You guys must be Angels!

Why, yes we are! You should be ashamed of yourself for even considering doing something so dreadfully hideous! :sm0:

ok...
1. When did you take it? 70's
2. How old were you? 13
3. Why did you take it? Because it was just sitting there.
4. What happened to you for doing so? Didn't get caught....THAT time.
5. What kind of car was it? 68 Olds 88
6. Who's car was it? dads

That thing would leave black marks for EVER! Bias ply tires and a big block ;)

TheClassicCarKid 12-17-2008 08:23 PM

My parents never had anything worth taking for a joyride haha

zebra 12-17-2008 08:31 PM

1. every now & then... whenever i get bored
2. started a couple summers ago
3. to get more of a rush than driving my truck
4. i got that rush
5. oh so many... 01 miata, 96 turbo eclipse, 95 240sx, 94 3000gt, 04 mustang gt, 08 mustang gt, 03 s2000, 06 solstice, 04 gto, 92 z28, 98 trans am, 85 corvette, 97 corvette, & probably a couple i've forgotten (future plans for a c6 vette & srt challenger)
6. various used car dealers

SS4EVER 12-17-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 219675)
6. various used car dealers

:laugh:

TonytheTiger 12-17-2008 09:48 PM

hahaha I guess im an angel.

Boomer Sooner 12-17-2008 10:36 PM

me and a couple of my buddies took a caddy el doraldo from the dealership for a joy right at like 2 in the morning. blew the rear passenger tire doing donuts and had to replace it with the spare, then we had it back at the dealership by like 5 am.

this was like 10 years ago. dumbasses at the dealership shouldnt leave the keys in the cars overnight.

age 15 got caught taking my dads '66 mustang out for a joyride, well, didnt quite make it. our driveway at the time was about 100 yds long and as soon as i was pulling out onto the street i see my parents car. im like oh shit! turns out they forgot something and i ended up having to go with them. this happened a few times. but theirs many times they, still to this day, dont know about. i used to take that thing out everytime i was alone at home and go pick up a buddy of mine and we would roll around smokin bowl after bowl after bowl. wasnt the brightest idea, but i thought i was the shit. still do. lol

there was also many times i would wait till everyone was asleep, grab the keys and put that ****er in neutral and push that ****er all they way back down our driveway till i got on the road then fire it up and hope they didnt hear it. i would proceed to pick up said buddy and we would continue our ritual.

yea, now that i look back, ive done alot of stupid shit. but i wouldnt change it for the world! ive had some pretty badass/wild times!

TheClassicCarKid 12-17-2008 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner (Post 219788)
me and a couple of my buddies took a caddy el doraldo from the dealership for a joy right at like 2 in the morning. blew the rear passenger tire doing donuts and had to replace it with the spare, then we had it back at the dealership by like 5 am.

this was like 10 years ago. dumbasses at the dealership shouldnt leave the keys in the cars overnight.

that's the spirit, commit a felony and then say it's the dealer's fault. :barf:

CaptianSam 12-18-2008 12:46 AM

1. When did you take it? 2000
2. How old were you?18
3. Why did you take it? no idea i was high...
4. What happened to you for doing so? 200 hours community service
5. What kind of car was it? 99 gts viper hahaha
6. Who's car was it? some guy buying plants and the retard left it running

Boomer Sooner 12-18-2008 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheClassicCarKid (Post 219796)
that's the spirit, commit a felony and then say it's the dealer's fault. :barf:

read....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner (Post 219788)
yea, now that i look back, ive done alot of stupid shit.

TheClassicCarKid 12-18-2008 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner (Post 219899)
read....

haha that wasn't there when I read it.
But yeah I guess we all have, and I'm sure you don't still do that...right?
jk man ;)

GTAHVIT 12-18-2008 09:52 AM

I took my mom's camaro out for a spin.... To Mexico!!!!! when I was about 19.....

I'm lucky I got back across the boarder with the car intact.... Dumb.