Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Moving Threads To Camaro6 (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517186)

Gunmetal Speedster 12-28-2017 06:14 PM

Moving Threads To Camaro6

How come when mods move a thread that is 5th gen camaro related, or can be seen as that way, it is moved to a Camaro6 version of the site that the majority of us Camaro5 users don't visit?

Example; a gentleman posted in the general discussion about an issue he was having with a vendor and the mods moved it to the vendor feedback section, as they should. But they moved it to the Camaro6 vender feedback section, not the one here on Camaro5. Here is a link to where it was moved to: http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517140

If a member is posting here on Camaro5, chances are he intended it to be on Camaro5, not Camaro6. If we don't catch the moved icon that shows for a short time after mods move it, we risk not seeing the thread at all. I've seen this happen before. Especially if someone creates a thread on Camaro5 that already exists on Camaro6, so it gets deleted or merged with the Camaro6 thread, yet we can't see it because we browse Camaro5. That's something that I don't quite understand and have been meaning to address. Is it as simple as mods thinking we can see both sites threads? Because that is not the case unfortunately lol

StreetRage320 12-28-2017 06:21 PM

+1, I clicked a thread yesterday that brought me to Camaro6..

DGthe3 12-28-2017 08:11 PM

I'm going to guess that in that particular case, there was a mistake made. Since its 1 giant forum, all subforums are listed in a single group when moving threads. So its fairly easy to accidentally move threads to a sister section on one of the other sites, especially if its low on the list. Sometimes you jump past the Camaro5 group and into the Camaro6 or Corvette7 group. I've caught myself a few times sending threads over to Corvette7 by mistake.

Other times, if its something that is part of the shared 'Members Area' portion of the site (Off-topic, General Automotive, Fest, etc) it only looks like its on the other site. All threads in that group are visible to everyone, no matter where they're coming from.

As for merging duplicated threads ... I don't understand the problem. If a topic belongs on Camaro6, why woudn't you want to talk about it on Camaro6?

Gunmetal Speedster 12-28-2017 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 10025106)
I'm going to guess that in that particular case, there was a mistake made. Since its 1 giant forum, all subforums are listed in a single group when moving threads. So its fairly easy to accidentally move threads to a sister section on one of the other sites, especially if its low on the list. Sometimes you jump past the Camaro5 group and into the Camaro6 or Corvette7 group. I've caught myself a few times sending threads over to Corvette7 by mistake.

Other times, if its something that is part of the shared 'Members Area' portion of the site (Off-topic, General Automotive, Fest, etc) it only looks like its on the other site. All threads in that group are visible to everyone, no matter where they're coming from.

As for merging duplicated threads ... I don't understand the problem. If a topic belongs on Camaro6, why woudn't you want to talk about it on Camaro6?

That makes sense. But for the last part there, I guess my reply would be that if a thread is started on Camaro6 and not in a shared portion of the site, us users here on Camaro5 don't see that it's already created. That's one reason it could be a duplicate. So if it's merged with a Camaro6 thread that we didn't know existed before, should we miss that it got merged, we might just assume it was deleted and no longer be able to contribute to it. I can't speak for everyone, but myself thought Camaro6 to be for 6th gen camaro owners to talk about whatever and Camaro5 the same for 5th gen camaro owners, not that in order to discuss a topic concerning the opposite generation camaro that you need to switch forums entirely to discuss it. I can see how that would be useful in keeping clutter down but may be confusing to those of us who thought Camaro6 to be a completely separate forum and that we would still be able to post and discuss 6th gen related topics here.

Which really isn't an issue, I don't find myself wanting to create threads or view threads concerning the 6th gen as I don't have one lol the main concern was 5th gen related threads being moved to another forum but you've already addressed that, so thank you!

rontammy0 01-03-2018 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 10025106)

When are you going to lift this valued and trusted long time member of Camaro 5s ban from Camaro 6. If you check my track record im far from trouble and should have full access to all this forum offers. :thumbsup:

DGthe3 01-03-2018 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by rontammy0 (Post 10029762)
When are you going to lift this valued and trusted long time member of Camaro 5s ban from Camaro 6. If you check my track record im far from trouble and should have full access to all this forum offers. :thumbsup:

?

I see nothing indicating that you are banned from Camaro6. For one thing, if you were, I don't think you'd be able to post on Camaro5 either (or Corvette7). And that post shows you as a normal member when viewed from Camaro6:
Attachment 914064
Assuming that its something other than simply not having logged into Camaro6, all I can suggest is that you should try contacting Tran.

rontammy0 01-03-2018 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGthe3 (Post 10030132)
?

I see nothing indicating that you are banned from Camaro6. For one thing, if you were, I don't think you'd be able to post on Camaro5 either (or Corvette7). And that post shows you as a normal member when viewed from Camaro6:
Attachment 914064
Assuming that its something other than simply not having logged into Camaro6, all I can suggest is that you should try contacting Tran.

I have tried messaging him a few times now.....the only thing that guy returns is the Christmas present someone gave him that he didnt like. :sm0:

ZED SLED 01-12-2018 02:37 PM

How about having the Motorsports Section accessible in Camaro6, since that is now what is used in most sanctioning bodies.