Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   LT1 (6.2L V8) Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=160)
-   -   Computer Aided Gear Selection (CAGS) (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328872)

Richardlord 11-19-2013 09:14 AM

Computer Aided Gear Selection (CAGS)

Has anyone defeated the the C7 7-speed Computer Aided Gear Selection (CAGS) either by adding a Skip Shift Eliminator or removing a fuse as some have reported they did on Corvettes past?

S3XPanther 11-19-2013 03:31 PM

Skip shift is one way, another way is to simply add gas :D. This is never an issue in my Camaro.

S3XPanther 11-19-2013 03:33 PM

Just to be clear, it only forces you into 4th if you're going really slow. Just rev out first a little more and it's a non-issue really.

purpleRac3r 11-20-2013 08:06 PM

True, but it can be aggravating in stop & go traffic, where a little more gas isn't always an option, or wise. Pulling a fuse or disconnecting the harness at the transmission will nor work, as it sets trouble codes. However, I have seen that a couple of companies are working on the eliminator gadget. They are currently testing prototypes to make sure they don't cause unwanted side issues. Should be available soon! I for one will absolutely be getting one!

Piccione Performance 12-27-2013 10:27 AM

We are able to turn it off using HP Tuners software when we tune a car. If your looking to tune your car to get more out of it ask your tuner to turn it off.

Apex Motorsports 01-14-2014 11:20 AM

We have a Skip Shift Eliminator available for the C7. Check the vendor sales section or our website for more info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete43 (Post 7322962)
I installed Apex's skip shift eliminator. It works great!

:thumbsup:

binko 01-14-2014 04:24 PM

I just installed the Apex skip shift eliminator on my C7. it works fine. It's a real easy install. I have a post under general discussions on how to do it.

Apex Motorsports 02-07-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binko (Post 7337004)
I just installed the Apex skip shift eliminator on my C7. it works fine. It's a real easy install. I have a post under general discussions on how to do it.

Thank you for your order. :thumb:

Dave Powell 01-24-2015 08:17 AM

My C7 is an A6, but I disabled the skip shift in my C4, C5, and C6 easily. You can buy the $20 kit, which makes it neat, but all it consists of is a resistor across the two-wire connector on the cable. I used a 1500 ohm 2 watt on one. It can be 1/4 watt but the larger leads on the two watt can plug into the connector, which you then tape up along with the open tranny connector.

The computer checks for continuity of the solenoid to ensure that it is not disconnected. The resistor tells it all is well so it won't set a code and check engine light.