Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Paint Protection done right! (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333328)

Frankster80 12-19-2013 10:53 AM

Paint Protection done right!

Ok, I will tell you about my great experience at Tinted Image and their high standards of quality. If you do not enjoy reading about excellent customer service or quality work, I will have the cliff notes at the bottom.

I had an appointment at 10 a.m. on Wednesday to get my Laguna Blue Stingray, or as I call her “Lola” wrapped with XPEL. The navigation system took me to an office park which was not the location of Tinted Image, located at 319 US Hwy 70 W Suite B, Garner, NC 27529. I will not blame the NAV system though, it took me to the address; the area is just weirdly addressed, if that makes sense. So I call Tinted Image and Lauran, who was extremely friendly guided me to their shop. Once I arrived, Lauran greeted me and James, the installer, came out to ensure he knew exactly want I wanted to protect and inform me on how he would accomplish my goals.

James told me it would be an all-day process for the amount of work I wanted done (Front bumper, full hood and front fenders, side mirrors and rocker panels). I was fine with that but due to the fact that I live 1 ˝ hours away I stayed at their shop for the entire time. They had a TV, with movies to keep me occupied for a bit, but, and I can only image as I do not have any kids, it was like a first time father waiting for his son to be born. Lauran, was “in the waiting room” being nothing but completely friendly and keeping me informed, when she was not in the back helping James. Knowing that I didn’t have a car, they even offered to go get me lunch.

Now on the front door the hours of operation are posted as 9-5, however, the quality of workmanship is more important to Tinted Image than the stickers on the door; which is very difficult to find in this day and age. James took his time and did the job right! James rolls the edges into the creases to ensure that no lines are visible, even when he was finished I had difficulties finding the lines. He pointed them out to me and I took a picture because that’s probably the only time anyone will see it. Occasionally I would find myself in the back checking on the progress, but I didn’t want to bother him too much, he was very busy protecting my baby. Finally, 2 hours after closing time, the job was complete, or so we all thought. James and Lauran stayed back another hour, now 3 hours past closing time (8 p.m.) to help and allow me to debadge the chrome CORVETTE from the rear and replace it with black lettering using their shop. I wanted to point this out for two reasons. 1. They have been working on Lola ALL DAY and I’m sure they are tired and want to get home to their families yet they stayed, without showing the least bit of hesitation and 2. The quality of workmanship. During the process of emplacing the black lettering, we measured several times to ensure that the replacement goes back in the same place. The new letters were placed and removed a few times, at one point I was satisfied with the placement, however James pointed out that the “C” was maybe 1/8 inch too high, I stated that that was ok, seeing as how no one would be back here measuring it like we are, and his reply was “That’s them, not us” reconfirming his commitment to quality.

CLIFFNOTES: Extremely friendly, committed to quality work, goes above and beyond expectations and does all this for a price that is more than fair.

I feel like I am missing more detail about my wonderful experience with Tinted Image and don’t feel like this post does them enough justice either. I would tell anyone remotely thinking about getting a vehicle wrapped or windows tinted to give them your business. Even if you live 2-3 hours away, it’s worth it to know that you will get such a professional and committed staff of two!
319 US Hwy 70 W Suite B
Garner, NC 27529
http://www.tintedimage.com
919-329-5704

**Tired posting pictures, however the site will not upload. Administrator has been contacted and as soon as the issue is fixed I will post pictures**

BoRider 12-19-2013 03:17 PM

Great to hear about a huge success and the great customer service provided. Seems like customer service is hard to come by these days. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to the photos!

asptroopa1 12-19-2013 06:08 PM

I agree..I 'd love to see some close up pics and the detail showing the work around emblems and curves-

Frankster80 12-20-2013 08:17 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Hope this works.....

Frankster80 12-20-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asptroopa1 (Post 7272909)
I agree..I 'd love to see some close up pics and the detail showing the work around emblems and curves-

The only emblem cut around was the flag, the stingray was debadged and replaced with a black stingray

asptroopa1 12-20-2013 09:49 AM

wow....tell him to come to Arkansas for vacation....I'd do it today! Very good work and the car looks great!

Frankster80 12-20-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asptroopa1 (Post 7274200)
wow....tell him to come to Arkansas for vacation....I'd do it today! Very good work and the car looks great!

Thank you.

I think the hardest part of him doing it in Arkansas would be moving his shop :sm0:

bnall40 12-20-2013 05:50 PM

:thumb:www.arkansasclearbra.com 501-276-2277 Benton

asptroopa1 12-20-2013 08:59 PM

Ive spoken to them but its really in Hot Springs about another 75 miles away.....if the are trained by xpel......ae they all good

bnall40 12-20-2013 09:28 PM

Don't know. I was looking for a distributor in AL and I found that one in Arkansas by going to the Expel web site.