Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   I'm going to hitup my dealer this saturday to see if I can place an order (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280137)

Angrybird 12 01-16-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkLT1 (Post 356)
Wow, awesome car collection man. I remember that saturn sky, I almost see none of them now, but I do see the occasional solstice.

Too bad about the camaro, but your right you only live once, and you corrected and made a great choice in the end! :)

Are you planning on getting on a list for the stingray?

I sold my First Sky to get a automatic, then sold it to get the first Camaro. I traded with Becky Doyle to get my second and possibly last new car...
Unfortunately my financial situation will keep me from getting one but bet your bottom dollar I will enter any contest that they are giving one away.... Of course if some kind person wanted to buy me one I would be eternally grateful..

GaBoy25 01-17-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 363)
I'm sold on the Stingray... Not sure if I'll get on a list right away but I'm pretty sure it's going to happen.

Will be great following the news here..

This. Definitely.

fcu678 01-22-2013 03:45 PM

I'm 4th on the list at my dealer for the C7 and 1st for the 6th Gen Camaro.
They told me that GM was limiting the Corvette dealer network and only a select few dealerships would be allowed to sell Corvette's. They sold what they needed to sell to become part of the network but they weren't sure how many C7's they would be allocated.

They always treat me great. I got their 3rd allocation for the 2010 5th Gen and their 2nd allocation for the ZL1 but after talking to the sales manager he didn't think they would be allocated 4 - C7's this year.
But if I get an opportunity to order one I definitely will :rockon:

Stingray 01-22-2013 03:59 PM

So if demand is unexpectedly quite high (meaning peeps w/ money down ready to deal) and if you walk in this Q3 and wanted to place an order to have one built according to your liking... chances are you won't see it until sometime in 2014 calendar year... maybe even mid-2014.

GaBoy25 01-22-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 3134)
So if demand is unexpectedly quite high (meaning peeps w/ money down ready to deal) and if you walk in this Q3 and wanted to place an order to have one built according to your liking... chances are you won't see it until sometime in 2014 calendar year... maybe even mid-2014.

Now I'm depressed:sad:

fcu678 01-22-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

With a limited Corvette dealer network and if the demand is high (which I'm sure it will be) I'd say you're probably correct with that assumption.

My past experience has been to get on a waiting list and play the waiting game. There may be a dealer or two that does not have a waiting list and there may be a couple that may move you to the head of the line for big $$$ over MSRP but most will not.

Stingray 01-22-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBoy25 (Post 3137)
Now I'm depressed:sad:

Perseverance through the agony... :(

Don't despair... one day, hopefully, we'll be C7 owners! :thumb:

My personal experience: I waited it out on my '12 Boss (until before the '13s were being produced/delivered) and by doing so I was able to get nearly 4K off MSRP. Dealers were routinely selling them for sticker or above. Granted this is a limited production specialty version... it's still stupid to fork out $$$$ over MSRP on any car unless you $hit gold bricks. :D

ec1990 01-22-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stingray (Post 3165)
Perseverance through the agony... :(

Don't despair... one day, hopefully, we'll be C7 owners! :thumb:

My personal experience: I waited it out on my '12 Boss (until before the '13s were being produced/delivered) and by doing so I was able to get nearly 4K off MSRP. Dealers were routinely selling them for sticker or above. Granted this is a limited production specialty version... it's still stupid to fork out $$$$ over MSRP on any car unless you $hit gold bricks. :D

Agreed, although I think that Boss 302 is going to be worth something in the future, at least depreciation will be absolutely minimal.

Camaro_Corvette 01-22-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

That would be an accurate assumption.

Vette TPI 01-23-2013 10:11 PM

Did they take your money yet? :thumb: