Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - California (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Looking for a CAM (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=366145)

SummoneR 06-29-2014 09:14 PM

Looking for a CAM

I am looking for a nice N/A cam, maybe one that I can keep if I decide to S/C later, but that may be some time away, so having to swap later is not that big of a deal. My major concern is smog legal as I don't really want to have to swap it out ever year. SO nothing too aggressive. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

SMA334 07-30-2014 11:35 PM

did you receive any feedback? perhaps from another site? I am thinking about the same

SummoneR 07-31-2014 12:19 AM

Nothing from online. I know a guy who has done an LS9 cam, but I am told I can go larger. If I'm going to do it, I'd like to go as big as I can before it messes with smog. I read that synergy in the bay can custom grind? I might do that.

Aero_Sport_Concepts 07-31-2014 12:31 AM

i know of someone selling a slightly used cam. He decided to go more aggressive. the one he is selling is not to aggressive. PM me and i can give you his info

Rigzo510 07-31-2014 10:14 PM

I just said F it and got a nice cam instead if worrying for smog now I can worry about that later. I went with a JRE rough idle blower cam and am currently running N/A waiting on which FI I want still. It is a solid N/A cam put down 445/412 which is pretty good for a blower cam on 91 octane lol and will perform even better when S/C'ed. Good luck many choices!

SummoneR 07-31-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slickrichic (Post 7856317)
i know of someone selling a slightly used cam. He decided to go more aggressive. the one he is selling is not to aggressive. PM me and i can give you his info

I'm looking for the most aggressive I can get, so if he is upgrading happy , I probably wouldn't be happy with it either. I appreciate it though!

SummoneR 07-31-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rigzo510 (Post 7858669)
I just said F it and got a nice cam instead if worrying for smog now I can worry about that later. I went with a JRE rough idle blower cam and am currently running N/A waiting on which FI I want still. It is a solid N/A cam put down 445/412 which is pretty good for a blower cam on 91 octane lol and will perform even better when S/C'ed. Good luck many choices!

Nice! :thumbsup:

I will have to smog next year so I am too close for that now. I like what I read about the night fury? but it's way too big for CA.

Rigzo510 07-31-2014 11:44 PM

Night fury woulda been my next choice but I felt that one was gunna be a hassle controlling the beast in traffic lol if you want to pass smog it'll have to be a baby cam that won't really gain anything at all, if you're gunna cam it might as well go for a good one IMO. Ima just get mines smogged somewhere where they won't look lol where in norcal are you in?

Chevrolade 08-01-2014 12:07 AM

Futral Motor Sports or Ryan@ GWatney performance can get u what u need !

SMA334 08-01-2014 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummoneR (Post 7858727)

I will have to smog next year so I am too close for that now. I like what I read about the night fury? but it's way too big for CA.

I have been talking to Ryne @ Cunningham Motorsports about doing a smog legal cam too. He does one that is a CMS custom grind. I think I am going to go with him, but I need to work out the logistics.

Ryne @ CMS 08-11-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummoneR (Post 7858727)

night fury will not pass the california emissions test. Rick @ synergy can definitely help you with a custom grind

SummoneR 08-11-2014 11:08 PM

I will most likely be speaking with Synergy, there is far too much info for me to try and figure out right now. I'd rather give what I want to do to a pro, and get their opinion. Synergy is still a ways from me, but I can do the instal myself. Just need the CAM spec'd.

BRAVO 2SS 08-11-2014 11:17 PM

Rick at synergy Motorsports will not steer you wrong! He is great when it comes to a custom grind. I'm in the same boat...I will be getting a custom cam from him that is smog legal too!

SummoneR 08-11-2014 11:20 PM

Good to hear the good recommendations for Rick, thank you all!