Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I'M GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!! (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=554)

TAG UR IT 01-24-2007 03:04 PM

I'M GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!

Holy cow!..As the late Harry Carey would say. Long story short...everyone in the family is a Bears fan. Dad took my brother up to Chicago two weeks ago for the Seattle game on a whim. Dad flew into San Antonio (he's out in LA) and watched the Saints game w/ me and my wife. Halfway throught the game he says, "You know if the Bears win this one, I'm going to have to see what I can do about getting us tickets to the Superbowl." I'm thinking (no freakin way...) that with my dads connections, he will most likely get the tickets, right? But, I'm not one to count my chickens before they hatch. So, he calls me today. The lady he knows from #### says he's got a guaranteed 3 tickets. Dad emailed me my flight itinerary yesterday and it's all set. I can't freaking believe this!!! I have no idea where we are sitting yet, but I'm sure it's probably going to be in the nose bleeds....but hey...who cares???:thumbup:

I'M GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!

:headbang:

KILLER74Z28 01-24-2007 03:10 PM

KICK ASS :thumbsup: You need to make a CAMARO5 sign or tell us what you are going to be wearing so we can pick you out of the crowd. :bellyroll:

jbynum69 01-24-2007 08:08 PM

da bears !!!!

Moose 01-24-2007 08:13 PM

NICE GOIN' BUDDY!!! :drinking:

HAVE A GREEAAATTTT TIME!!!

Moose 01-24-2007 08:16 PM

Hey Doug,

I'm going to the Daytona 500 next month....wanna trade??!! :o

Hope the Bears pull it out for ya'! :thumbsup:

ChevyNut 01-24-2007 08:28 PM

congrats tag moose where are your tickets at daytona me and my buddie were looking at tickets last night. were thinking of going next year. he plays baseball for the csu club team so it is a pain planing stuff around baseball every weekend.

Moose 01-24-2007 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChevyNut (Post 5298)
congrats tag moose where are your tickets at daytona me and my buddie were looking at tickets last night. were thinking of going next year. he plays baseball for the csu club team so it is a pain planing stuff around baseball every weekend.

Well, last year we sat in the tower in a suite located next to the France family! :bow:

We have 4 seats located just before the start/finish line. :thumbsup:

TAG UR IT 01-25-2007 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose (Post 5296)
Hey Doug,

I'm going to the Daytona 500 next month....wanna trade??!! :o

Hope the Bears pull it out for ya'! :thumbsup:

:bellyroll: TRADE?!?! THX. I hope the Bears pull it off too. I'll never forget the 85 bears. I was 7 years old watching the game in the back yard on the half pipe we were building for our skate boards. I've been waiting for this for a looooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg time.

Have ya'll seen how much the tickets are going for? $4k per regular seat (the most inexpensive) up to $250K per 50 yard line seat! That is freakin nuts! And parking is supposed to be like $50 per car.....:help:
Boy, did we get lucky w/ this one. We fly in on Sat, game on Sun, goof off on Mon, and fly back on Tues. It's going to be me, my older brother and my Dad. This is going to be one hell of a time.................... I GET TO SEE THE B E A R S !!!!!

OverAnxious 01-25-2007 06:11 AM

Should be a hell of a party. Detroit was jumpin' for weeks leading up to Superbowl XL :D

TAG UR IT 01-27-2007 12:46 PM

Just found out that the tickets are on the 20 yard line about 27 rows up. That's a hell of a spot!

WMCC Gary 02-01-2007 10:33 AM

Congrats! enjoy the game.

DC1_01 02-01-2007 04:18 PM

Congrats on the trip:w00t: Sounds better than what what we got going for us. (By us I am meaning that right now I am out to sea on the USS Harry S. Truman, we are just doing training, no biggie.)

Well the Captain has us in closer to the shore so we can get the game in an area off the coast that is warm in an area close to where the game is (you do the math). We are planning a Swim call that day, a 5K fun run, and a little party. Some players from the Green Bay packers are coming out:D and some cheerleaders from the New England Patriots:eyebulge: :bow: .

So I guess its the next best thing to either going to the game or sitting at the house with a cold one:drinking: .

TAG UR IT 02-03-2007 09:55 AM

Well...this is it. I'm heading out. You guys have fun and be good on the boards!!! See ya'll on Wed!

WMCC Gary 02-05-2007 09:54 AM

SO how was the Super Bowl Experience?