Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563324)

FenwickHockey65 10-08-2019 07:11 AM

GM Reveals 2021 Chevrolet Colorado

New Chevrolet Colorado Unveiled
New design features on Colorado ZR2 race truck and Colorado ZR2 SEMA vehicle
General Motors

October 8, 2019

DETROIT — Today, Chevrolet debuts a new look for its Colorado midsize truck franchise. The 2021 Chevrolet Colorado will make its first public appearance at the 2019 Method Race Wheels Laughlin Desert Classic on Oct.10, driven by Hall Racing. The 2021 Colorado ZR2 will then debut at the SEMA show in Las Vegas.

The Colorado lineup will now feature greater differentiation from trim to trim and the addition of the new “Sand Dune Metallic” exterior paint color option available on the Z71 and ZR2 models. All Colorado variants will also include revised front Chevy “bowtie” emblems and embossed “Chevrolet” tailgates in place of the traditional Chevy bowtie on the rear end of the vehicles.

“We’ve sold 520,000 Colorado pickups in five years through a relentless, foot-on-the-gas approach to product and feature updates,” said Bob Krapes, director of marketing, Chevrolet Trucks. “With its new-look front end and tailgate, Colorado will now have a more aggressive appearance to match its award-winning capability.”

The WT, LT and Z71 Colorado trim levels will all receive updated center bars, lower fascias and front skid plates for 2021. WT and LT will feature all-new gold Chevy bowtie logos, while Z71 receives a black bowtie logo.

The ZR2 off-road performance variant will receive a new appearance to match its standout capability. ZR2 will be the only Colorado model to feature the all-new, lettered, flow-through “Chevrolet” front fascia. ZR2’s new front end provides drivers with improved visibility and looks even more aggressive, which adds to its dynamic, “segment of one” appearance.

ZR2, with its revolutionary, segment-exclusive Multimatic DSSVTM position-sensitive dampers, standard front and rear electronic locking differentials, 2-inch suspension lift, 3.5-inch wider track, off-road rocker protection, cast iron control arms, Autotrac transfer case, and multiple skid plates, will now come equipped with standard red tow hooks as well.

The 2021 Chevrolet Colorado goes on sale next year. Pricing will be announced closer to production. All 2021 Colorado models will be built at General Motors’ Wentzville Assembly Center in Wentzville, Missouri.

DRKS1D3 10-08-2019 07:18 AM

Love the color. Very, very sharp truck!!! :confused0068:

snizzle 10-08-2019 07:24 AM

Love the front end and the stamped tailgate. Surprised they didn't change the headlights at all. Curious what the "lesser" trims will look like for 2021.

shaffe 10-08-2019 08:43 AM

To me it looks like they are trying to force the silverado design language on the Colorado and it just looks odd

lbls1 10-08-2019 09:00 AM

I agree with post #4. I am not a fan of Silverado's front end design, and this new Colorado isn't scoring big points with me either. It looks like a sturdy truck though; Maybe it will do ok.

SSEssence 10-08-2019 09:30 AM

Looks like predators mouth wide open

KMPrenger 10-08-2019 10:04 AM

Shocked and excited to see this revealed so soon.

*scrolls through pictures to look for other trims....none shown*

What the heck!?? I want to see the other trims! lol

I don't know if I like or do not like that front end. Ehhh...it reminds me of the LT HD trucks which got horrible responses....but just not as bad. How can something look good and bad at the same time?

Now....Bring on the Canyon pictures! GM has said the new Canyon AT4 will be revealed in early 2020. Any chance we might see other Canyon trims before then?

Expunge 10-08-2019 12:56 PM

So much wrong with the new front design.
Off center flowtie
no front bumper to speak of
too much plastic.

FenwickHockey65 10-08-2019 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expunge (Post 10636063)
So much wrong with the new front design.
Off center flowtie
no front bumper to speak of
too much plastic.

I mean the current ZR2 has the same high approach clearance bumper, and in fact it has even more black plastic trim than the update.

Bhobbs 10-08-2019 03:15 PM

I’m not a huge fan of the new HD look but it looks a little better here on the Colorado.

The off center bow tie is really annoying.

Iron Lung Jimmy 10-08-2019 07:46 PM

:yikes:

I do not like that look on the Silverado... and like it even less on the Colorado.

90503 10-08-2019 09:41 PM

It looks like a Humvee and an Avalanche had a baby.

hrpiii 10-09-2019 06:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I am not a fan of the front end, mainly because of a lot of aftermarket issues it will create (I think). An aftermarket front bumper that will hold a winch and be much more beefier will cause issue with what to do with the grill part. Now you can replace the front bumper and not touch the grill, don't see that happening on the 2021 with out additional pieces, which would cost the customer more to upgrade. That is an extremely small group, but it's that small group that purchases this vehicle for off road fun and work. I will be at SEMA this year to get a better look and see what other manufactures are offering it.

The rest of the body looks pretty much the same. I was either going to be happy with my 2020 or a little disappointed with my 2020 based on rumors it was coming and I really needed a vehicle. I am happy.

shaffe 10-09-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy (Post 10636367)
:yikes:

I do not like that look on the Silverado... and like it even less on the Colorado.

Glad I am not the only one. I think the fact that it kept the old headlights, really makes this new front end design language look forced on it.

PYROLYSIS 10-09-2019 11:20 AM

The front end design works better on this than the Camaro but who is in charge of the bowtie placement? Hellen Keller?

snizzle 10-09-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS (Post 10636764)
The front end design works better on this than the Camaro but who is in charge of the bowtie placement? Hellen Keller?

Have you seen the badging on the back of the 6th gen?

hrpiii 10-09-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snizzle (Post 10636803)
Have you seen the badging on the back of the 6th gen?

I feel this is a trick question, because you can't. :facepalm:

CamaroSkooter 10-10-2019 03:25 PM

Was there an engine overheating issue that caused the need for such a massive grille or is that just what the designers have been brainwashed into thinking the customers want? :facepalm:

roorback 10-10-2019 03:57 PM

HIH - DEE - US

Chevy has definitely taken the trophy from Lexus for ugliest car design. I cannot believe these ideas make it to market.

DC5 10-23-2019 11:23 PM

I think the MCE Colorado looks aggressive and handsome! I just wish GM would have invested money towards updating the interior. I like the simplicity of the Colorado's interior, but it's definitely becoming stale.

KMPrenger 10-24-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC5 (Post 10646563)
...I just wish GM would have invested money towards updating the interior. I like the simplicity of the Colorado's interior, but it's definitely becoming stale.

I agree...a slight interior refresh is what I'd have liked to see also. I will say (although they are nearly mirrors of each other) the Canyon interior feels nicer, due to the extra dash stitching and a few trim pieces. I drive a loaded 2015 Colorado and I don't hate the interior at all, but it does just feel kind of stale. I sat in a newer Canyon SLT and it just felt a bit nicer. (still stale lol)

snizzle 10-28-2019 07:20 AM

If we see a significant effort on the 3rd gen, all will be forgiven :D

JROC 12-02-2019 06:36 PM

I like it. I also really like the Colorado and Canyon trucks. I do think GM should give the ZR2 more nuts. If not a smallblock V8 then a motor derived from the ATS-V's TT V6 would make for a very fun truck.

Expunge 12-03-2019 08:35 AM

The ZR2 is already a mid 40K truck. You can get a fullsize 2020 Silverado 4x4 crewcab with a 6.2L for around the same price point.

As to the interior of the Colorado, I found my right knee kept hitting the center console and the wireless charger has a ridiculously small foot print where I could not set my Galaxy S9+

Hopefully with the refresh Chevy will address these issues.

KMPrenger 12-03-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JROC (Post 10672237)
I like it. I also really like the Colorado and Canyon trucks. I do think GM should give the ZR2 more nuts. If not a smallblock V8 then a motor derived from the ATS-V's TT V6 would make for a very fun truck.

It would be awesome. I think it will happen...but not until next generation unfortunately. I'm feeling confident that Ford is going to bring the Ranger Raptor (also next generation) with the 2.7 turbo. If GM wants the ZR2 to be a Ranger Raptor equivalent, the next gen ZR2 is going to need more power, or at least the option for more power.

Man I'd want that so bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expunge (Post 10672587)
The ZR2 is already a mid 40K truck. You can get a fullsize 2020 Silverado 4x4 crewcab with a 6.2L for around the same price point.

As to the interior of the Colorado, I found my right knee kept hitting the center console and the wireless charger has a ridiculously small foot print where I could not set my Galaxy S9+

Some people want what they want. For me, I'd rather take the power in a smaller package, but I know for many (or most) they want the full size no matter what. As for pricing, If you want a ZR2 like Silverado crew cab (which does not yet exist) with a 6.2, even with rebates I'd expect it to be at least 5 to 10K more expensive than a ZR2 crew, which can be had for upper 30s right now.

The refresh is not going to address any interior changes per my understanding.

snizzle 12-03-2019 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 10672643)
Some people want what they want. For me, I'd rather take the power in a smaller package, but I know for many (or most) they want the full size no matter what. As for pricing, If you want a ZR2 like Silverado crew cab (which does not yet exist) with a 6.2, even with rebates I'd expect it to be at least 5 to 10K more expensive than a ZR2 crew, which can be had for upper 30s right now.

Exactly. I want the smaller overall footprint at this point. Maybe one day that changes.

I would camp for days at the dealership if they offered the 6.2L V8 in the Colorado. Unfortunately, at best, we'll get the 2.7I4 from the Silverado in the 3rd gen unless Ford forces GM's hand on the Raptor. Even then, they'd make a hi-po engine exclusive in the ZR2 i'm sure.

Bhobbs 12-03-2019 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Expunge (Post 10672587)

Comparing apples to apples doesn't help. The ZR2 is an off road model. Wait until the ZRX comes out to see the price difference.

If you want an off road capable truck, you wouldn't be looking at the standard Silverado with the 6.2 liter.

JROC 12-03-2019 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 10672643)
It would be awesome. I think it will happen...but not until next generation unfortunately. I'm feeling confident that Ford is going to bring the Ranger Raptor (also next generation) with the 2.7 turbo. If GM wants the ZR2 to be a Ranger Raptor equivalent, the next gen ZR2 is going to need more power, or at least the option for more power.

Man I'd want that so bad.

No doubt. The competition from Ford and Ram is getting really strong power in their off-road trucks. Offering a powerplant in the off-road models of the GM midsized twins would likely sell well for them IMO. If they would throw a 6.2L in a ZR2 it would likely produce at least similar performance if not better performance as a F150 Raptor. On top of that being a midsized truck GM should easily be able to keep it sub-$50K IMO. Plus you get a smaller vehicle capable of going more places. If not a V8 then use the TT V6 found in the CTS and ATS-V. It doesn't look like it takes up much more room than the N/A version of the 3.6L V6. I could be wrong though.

Even the run of the mill 5.3L would give it a noticeably bump in performance I'm sure. People have gotten to the point were they seriously underrate how good a 5.3L is. It's not world beating, and it's bore is small, but it's not a weak motor. For a 5.3L, 2v, mass-produced motor that will happily run on regular octane, and should last for several hundreds of thousands of miles it's pretty stout. The LS based 5.3L probably holds more records for fastest ET's produced over most other current truck based motors. Haven't people achieved 1/4 mile passes in the 7's with stock 5.3L shortblocks?

Also those Canyon based Denali trucks aren't cheap either. For the $ they command they can do a little better than the run of the mill Colorado/Canyon motors shared with the more basic models in the lineup. Also for a $40K+ midsized truck lets get that A10 (not the plane.... Or maybe do give use the plane) transmission in the higher-end and performance models. JMO

KMPrenger 06-30-2020 12:01 PM

FYI, the 2021 configuration tool is active for both the Colorado and the Canyon. Just go to the truck build page, and then choose the 2021 model.

My opinion of course, but I don't think that new Colorado lower grille is going to grow on me. As for the Canyon, I think the Denali looks pretty nice, the Elevation (not Elevation Standard) looks good...but in my opinion the bottom of the front end needs to be painted like on the Denali trim and the AT4 is kind of ugh. One or two more wheel options would be nice too.

CamaroSkooter 07-01-2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KMPrenger (Post 10820307)
FYI, the 2021 configuration tool is active for both the Colorado and the Canyon. Just go to the truck build page, and then choose the 2021 model.

My opinion of course, but I don't think that new Colorado lower grille is going to grow on me. As for the Canyon, I think the Denali looks pretty nice, the Elevation (not Elevation Standard) looks good...but in my opinion the bottom of the front end needs to be painted like on the Denali trim and the AT4 is kind of ugh. One or two more wheel options would be nice too.

I'm upset the 2021 won't have the diesel option anymore. But, I don't care, I'm picking up my 2020 Bison on Friday :thumbup:

GearheadSS 07-02-2020 08:49 AM

The diesel is still available for 2021, it's just not available at the start of production.

CamaroSkooter 07-02-2020 10:59 AM

Given how they're going to use only diesel for those military infantry vehicles based on the ZR2 chassis, I can see them being overloaded with that order and not providing them to the civilian market at all, at least for a while considering how all the production schedules are all screwy right now.

FenwickHockey65 07-04-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 10821554)
Given how they're going to use only diesel for those military infantry vehicles based on the ZR2 chassis, I can see them being overloaded with that order and not providing them to the civilian market at all, at least for a while considering how all the production schedules are all screwy right now.

It's just around 2700 units though. Probably won't affect production that much.

CamaroSkooter 07-06-2020 02:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well, doesn't matter. I picked mine up Friday the 3rd :cool:

Photos attached below :thumbup:

snizzle 07-06-2020 03:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 10823926)
Well, doesn't matter. I picked mine up Friday the 3rd :cool:

Photos attached below :thumbup:

I see you're a glutton for punishment as well. Looks great man!

mitdr774 07-06-2020 05:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
There seems to be a trend here.

Attachment 1037250

Attachment 1037251

Camaro EMT 07-06-2020 07:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ditto.

CamaroSkooter 07-07-2020 12:26 PM

Nice collections! :cool: