Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Funny Pictures *** SAFE FOR WORK ONLY & NO POLITICS !!!*** (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397347)

HDRDTD 11-14-2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZED SLED (Post 11252685)
We're getting the ultimate traffic circle about 2 miles north of me. It's where I-40, 540, and US 70 (soon to be I-42) come together about 8 miles south of Raleigh. This is called a turbine interchange and is basically an at speed traffic circle that encompasses 500 acres. It's going to awesome sitting out on my deck hearing the booms from those crashes!

Sound like a place to practice your drifting skills.

xstuntman 11-14-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZED SLED (Post 11252685)
It's where I-40, 540, and US 70 (soon to be I-42) come together about 8 miles south of Raleigh. This is called a turbine interchange and is basically an at speed traffic circle that encompasses 500 acres

I'm thinking "at speed" is not the speed I'm thinking of.
Slingshot engaged...

chiefmg 11-15-2022 06:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Y'all are looking at roundabouts all wrong. They are a challenge for you to get through as quickly as possible (traffic permitting of course). This is especially true when I am in my Miata. :thumbup:

Martinjlm 11-15-2022 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefmg (Post 11253144)
Y'all are looking at roundabouts all wrong. They are a challenge for you to get through as quickly as possible (traffic permitting of course). This is especially true when I am in my Miata. :thumbup:

I was staying out of this discussion because I thought I’d be the only dissenting voice. I go through two traffic circles on my way to the office. Easiest part of the drive. Once every couple weeks or so a clueless driver holds up traffic by not moving until all lanes are clear. Every now and then someone pulls out into the circle that has no business entering at that moment. Both situations are way easier to handle than the moron who flies through a red light. And yes, they are a blast in the MR2.

HDRDTD 11-15-2022 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martinjlm (Post 11253147)
I was staying out of this discussion because I thought I’d be the only dissenting voice. I go through two traffic circles on my way to the office. Easiest part of the drive. Once every couple weeks or so a clueless driver holds up traffic by not moving until all lanes are clear. Every now and then someone pulls out into the circle that has no business entering at that moment. Both situations are way easier to handle than the moron who flies through a red light. And yes, they are a blast in the MR2.

I find that duringh rush hour, they are not for the timid.

Get'r done.

ZED SLED 11-15-2022 09:22 AM

Aside from the NASCAR style interstate interchange they're building by me, our exit is also changing to a diverging diamond interchange and there will be a traffic circle about a 1/4 mile from that. Fun times ahead. I'm back home from my Saturday errands by 8:00 AM as it is now.

ZED SLED 11-15-2022 09:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1113895

acammer 11-15-2022 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martinjlm (Post 11253147)

I'll join in. Traffic circles are great, efficient ways to join traffic without stopping flow. People who don't know how to drive is what ruins them.

FarmerFran 11-15-2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acammer (Post 11253270)
I'll join in. Traffic circles are great, efficient ways to join traffic without stopping flow. People who don't know how to drive is what ruins them.

I disagree, people drive to aggressive and are too big of assholes for them to properly work.

BLU DUCE 11-15-2022 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerFran (Post 11253314)
I disagree, people drive to aggressive and are too big of assholes for them to properly work.

+1

0stones0 11-15-2022 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acammer (Post 11253270)

+1
Unfortunately, there are quite a few of those types out there. A little common sense and courtesy goes a long way.

arpad_m 11-15-2022 10:08 PM

The key draw and and promise around "traffic circles" (see what I did there?) is that in a best case, no congestion scenario, no traffic is required to stop at all.

However, once the amount of traffic reaches a threshold, the roundabout becomes impossible or very-very difficult to enter, resulting in unpredictable negotiation times, and that is an unacceptable proposition for most US drivers.

Add to that the difficulty of exiting from multi-lane roundabouts, which, coupled with driver inattention or inability, causes many accidents, although most likely with less severe outcomes than a crazy idiot running a red light at 50-60 mph. Oh, and I bet the drivers that run red lights and those causing issues in roundabouts are roughly the same people, by the way.

...not sure how we ended up here in a funny pictures thread, we should all apologize to OP, let me go first: SORRY, no more hijacking, promise :D

0stones0 11-16-2022 03:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just look at that grin…

FarmerFran 11-16-2022 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0stones0 (Post 11253468)
Just look at that grin…

LMFAO :thumbup: