Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/index.php)
-   C7 Ordering, Pricing, Order Tracking Discussions (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164)
-   -   is it fair ? (https://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314939)

laborsmith 08-25-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay_Levine (Post 6939787)
Do you have an order number yet?

Does it matter?

Laborsmith

Jazef 08-25-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay_Levine (Post 6939787)
Do you have an order number yet?

i can ask about that

Jazef 08-25-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laborsmith (Post 6939455)
Here in Michigan Dealers are allowed by law to charge a "Documentation Fee" which ranges, based on my personal experience, from $25 to $135. GM does not allow that fee if you buy using GMS (employee) or supplier (forgot the initials) but otherwise it is pretty normal as far as I can see. $10,000+ would seem to me to be an excessive documentation fee and might rightly be called Markup per Fenwick. The documentation fee may be fair, I pay it when buying at invoice, but no, dealer markup is not fair and it is testimony to the lawyers that GM can do so little about it. GM has done things about it, Grimaldi's in Pontiac lost their Buick franchise for games playing customers and Maxie Price in Atlanta had their wings severely clipped for doing the same.

The best way to stamp out excessive dealer added fees is to not buy from that dealer. Before the internet and nationwide dealers it was difficult but these days entirely doable.
Of course one needs to have some internet use capability and I would say anyone able to post in this forum has sufficient capability.

Laborsmith

if i didn't get a good price i may order from Michigan or other counties' dealers. :biggrin:

Jay_Levine 08-25-2013 07:12 PM

My point was that until you have an order number, your selection on color, options etc, is only hypothetical. Its only with the dealer at that point. Nothing sent to GM.

shockandawe 08-28-2013 06:27 PM

Is this guy related to Hendrick Chevrolet? Hendrick is the charter club member of the 5k over MSRP dealer club. Sounds like this dealer wants to one up Hendrick.

sotirisf 08-28-2013 06:54 PM

No it not a fair order or price. I am paying that for a LT3 Vert with options added on. Dealer is sticker plus doc (and its a low doc fee). And I have an order number and yes the order is in the system albeit Chevy hasnt pulled vert orders yet.
go find another dealer anywhere on this forum (or the other forum) order the car from them and if you want local delivery to you- so what if you pay $500 extra for that. Although IMO you would be better off paying 900 for NCM and drive the car back yourself and enjoy the car.

SilverRay 08-28-2013 08:35 PM

I Believe my dealer still has 2 or 3 allocations in Indianapolis if your interested I will provide you the contact info:bellyroll:

Jazef 09-03-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shockandawe (Post 6956912)
Is this guy related to Hendrick Chevrolet? Hendrick is the charter club member of the 5k over MSRP dealer club. Sounds like this dealer wants to one up Hendrick.

noob, he's Al Serra Chevrolet.