Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   My little twin turbo build. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509402)

SSE 4 2SS 08-23-2018 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SannerRacing (Post 9971979)
The abs block,fuel regulator ,hob switch and flex fuel sensor all fit in here. And yes the cabin filter goes back in.

I lol'd at this. My fuel pressure regulator is also in there.... We lost my A/C so no big deal on cabin air filters....

Quote:

Originally Posted by SannerRacing (Post 10009124)
Trying to get a vid uploaded but it won't let me. So here's anther boring pic of it now.

Yeah, thats boring as hell.... lol.Beautiful build...

Quote:

Originally Posted by SannerRacing (Post 10093034)
Makes my old Maggie setup child's play!

I know of a former Maggie owner... Couldn't convince them of the Turbo power... This person swore the maggie was better off the line due to "grunt." Ok... Ask your builder for a ride in his turbo car.... She sold the Maggie and bought a twins set up....

Quote:

Originally Posted by SannerRacing (Post 10154619)
Pretty sure the one bolt didn't cause the issue but where's there one lose bolt. Well!

Damn.... 50 miles.... Sounds like a "big bad" fuel pump I was told to use.... It lasted 7 hours.... Completely died, sent it back, had it rebuilt and sold it to someone else....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cam 427 (Post 10154835)
Thanks. I have blue exhaust smoke shortly after start up that goes away after warm up. Precision Turbo recommends better crankcase venting. It's worth a try, I guess...

I run 15 to 20 inches of vacuum in my crankcase and have no smoke at all.... I have a very low PSI check valve to keep the vacuum from getting too excessive....

Quote:

Originally Posted by SannerRacing (Post 10196227)
Here's a pic of the new injector harnesses. Way better than the factory one! Trans is back in so soon will hit the track and get some numbers.

Thats a nice harness..... Mine is built about the same but uses net style wire loom as a sleeve....

Quote:

Originally Posted by SannerRacing (Post 10211301)
O And let me tell you 3rd gear is where it's at wow! After the 9.91 run I had to slow down and work on my 1/8 mile cause I only have enough cage for 9.99.

Third gear is where it happens on my car as well.... First and second is a waste of time trying to get traction, and so my traction control is pulling lots of timing and boost as well..... But in third, starting at bout 140 mph.... holy hell, hang the "F" on....

Quote:

Originally Posted by SannerRacing (Post 10291661)
Well made it back to the track with a better set up for grip. That landed me in the hot seat with tech since I'm only teched for 9.99 and got told to not come back until it's right. I was just trying to work on the launch and letting off at the 1000ft mark but no deal. So now I'm grounded till a save up some cash. This run wasn't even that great on the bottom side but it know the car was hooking better but trusting it to take more is my problem.

Nice Pass... Cage it and let her rip...

I saw your comment about your fuel mileage.... I make just over 3 mpg on the street if I keep my foot out of it.... and five or so gallons to the mile at WOT... Expensive damned hobby....

You've managed a beautiful build.... Very Nicely done....

SannerRacing 09-04-2018 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 10291788)
I lol'd at this. My fuel pressure regulator is also in there.... We lost my A/C so no big deal on cabin air filters....

Yeah, thats boring as hell.... lol.Beautiful build...

I know of a former Maggie owner... Couldn't convince them of the Turbo power... This person swore the maggie was better off the line due to "grunt." Ok... Ask your builder for a ride in his turbo car.... She sold the Maggie and bought a twins set up....

Damn.... 50 miles.... Sounds like a "big bad" fuel pump I was told to use.... It lasted 7 hours.... Completely died, sent it back, had it rebuilt and sold it to someone else....

I run 15 to 20 inches of vacuum in my crankcase and have no smoke at all.... I have a very low PSI check valve to keep the vacuum from getting too excessive....

Thats a nice harness..... Mine is built about the same but uses net style wire loom as a sleeve....

Third gear is where it happens on my car as well.... First and second is a waste of time trying to get traction, and so my traction control is pulling lots of timing and boost as well..... But in third, starting at bout 140 mph.... holy hell, hang the "F" on....

Nice Pass... Cage it and let her rip...

I saw your comment about your fuel mileage.... I make just over 3 mpg on the street if I keep my foot out of it.... and five or so gallons to the mile at WOT... Expensive damned hobby....

You've managed a beautiful build.... Very Nicely done....

Thanks it's great hearing from a been there done that kinda guy like you.

SannerRacing 03-14-2019 08:01 PM

Up and running once again

1 Attachment(s)
Still chasing a vibration so here's the up date. Two different drive shafts,tires on tires off and now a new converter. And guess what it wasn't the converter!:bonk:Oh and that's my new love there in the back ground!

SannerRacing 06-06-2019 10:39 AM

Vibrations

Anybody else out there with a driveline vibration after going to a one pice drive shaft and 4l80e transmission? Right where cruising speed is you can feel it and definitely under boost in the same rpm band. Thanks for any info

graf101 06-06-2019 10:43 AM

Yes, I tend to get it from time to time.

BiggFoot 06-09-2019 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiggFoot (Post 9923845)
Holy Ch*t :confused0068:

Not only will it be a work of art, it's going to be a freeking BEAST!! :hail:

A 2017 post come true :thumb: